Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witches Hut/Cave

LMar
LMar
✭✭✭✭✭
There's a new Cottage which is coming soon, a house which you can buy if you have the Witches' Festival Achievement. It looks nice and all, but Witchmother's Olyve cave was awesome, incredible and wow. Would it be possible to have one just like that available as a Homestead? It really is quite amazing.

CJg96Mz.png

witchmothers-bargain-brewery.png

"If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
"Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Just previewed this Witches Hut. It has a lot of "potential", but I'm a little bit disappointed: was expecting it to include some kind of basement as the huts in Beldama (the Wyrd sisters or whatever in Glenumbra), even if it were the size of the Rosy Lion, but it doesn't :'( The area around the house is more akin to an Argonian mud house than a wyrd cottage, so... :(

Yeah, I know, it's a witches hut... actually a hut that is really a hag's den disguised as a hut.

Your suggestion would have been more than welcomed, been better as a witches "hut", and then offer this one as a wyrd hut, what it actually is. idk.

Yet, of the three new houses, I'd probably get this hut (if any) since it's the cheapest one, the other two being notable and expensive, quite beyond my meager budget.
    Edited by xerikos on August 1, 2017 1:03AM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah a basement would help to make it a bit more viable and definitely a storage space for herbs and wyrd stuff!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is considering this property as a nice little fishing lodge yes.

A few trees, some fish and the old place will look just fine!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xerikos wrote: »
    was expecting it to include some kind of basement as the huts in Beldama
    Fun fact: those huts didn't originally have basements.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    xerikos wrote: »
    was expecting it to include some kind of basement as the huts in Beldama
    Fun fact: those huts didn't originally have basements.

Surely you want to recreate Anise's Hut though? Hehe
  • Incognitius1
    Incognitius1
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone got the gold price on the hut? Forgot to check before I bought it. xD

Noticed it is being sold as a medium home? Odd choice as it doesn't seem bigger than Autumns Gate, the small Nord home. With double the item limit it will be more fun to decorate though.
    Edited by Incognitius1 on August 1, 2017 1:49PM
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two huge boulders behind the hut that cannot be moved: annoying.
    The house is basically surrounded by water but yet we don't have access to a small portion of that spooky Glenumbra beach: disappointing.
    No hype from me for this house nor any of the new houses for that matter.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it and I'm planning to buy it. I've been thinking it would be nice to have a more outdoorsy/primal type place, and I like this better than the Bosmer properties I would have considered otherwise. I'm actually fine with it not being overtly witchy, since that's not the angle I'm going for. But depending on what kind of furnishings you use, it could easily be a witch/hag/wyrd home. It doesn't have to be, though, which gives it more flexibility and is nice for people like me who just want to stuff it full of things that look like I crafted them myself out of sticks and rocks.

I also appreciate the fact that it's available for gold (and not a ridiculous amount of gold) and isn't crown store exclusive.
    Edited by Ilsabet on August 1, 2017 6:58PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, just discovered a downside to the witch hut. It has an invisible ceiling. :\

I tried to make a second story by using planks, but my character cannot move higher than the part where the wooden roof beings. :(
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Ilsabet . it is nice to have more flexibility. But a basement would also help with that too!

And oh no :( invisible ceilings are never nice
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, just discovered a downside to the witch hut. It has an invisible ceiling. :\

I tried to make a second story by using planks, but my character cannot move higher than the part where the wooden roof beings. :(

Most houses seem to have those. Gardner and Autumn's, the only ones I've tried myself, both do. Super annoying. And for 0 reason whatsoever too, I mean there's the roof right up there, what's there to wall over?
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    The invisible ceiling is unfortunate and extremely frustrating :/
    Since the roof is so high, I thought about building a small second floor up there too but ran out of crowns before I could test it out.

I don't understand the reason for invisible ceilings inside buildings either, they are definitely not conducive to creativity. There is one in the Daggerfall Overlook barn where I built a second story but I lowered the floor a bit and it worked out great.
    Edited by Haruspex on August 1, 2017 9:07PM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Most houses seem to have those. Gardner and Autumn's, the only ones I've tried myself, both do. Super annoying. And for 0 reason whatsoever too, I mean there's the roof right up there, what's there to wall over?

I made a second floor in Snugpod, Black Vine Villa and the Cyrodilic Jungle House without any problems. Never tried Gardner and Autumns. Good to know. :(
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

I made a second floor in Snugpod, Black Vine Villa and the Cyrodilic Jungle House without any problems. Never tried Gardner and Autumns. Good to know. :(

I believe I've also heard there's an invisible wall in one of the orc houses(not sure which but I assume they'd all share same behaviour given the similarity of the models). Good to know it isn't every single house at least XD
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone throw up screenshots of the hut available for housing? ^_^
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Can someone throw up screenshots of the hut available for housing? ^_^
    I have one from outside the exterior wall, so you can't see the hut particularly clearly, but you do got a bit of an idea of the surroundings.
    ON-place-Cozy_Fenside_Cottage.jpg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Looks perfect :3
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    Holy crap that's high for that hut. It doesn't even have a door. :/
    I just looked at it on the test server, and it seems those hanging Redguard tapestries are the right size to cover the door, so that's a possibility.

Edited by SydneyGrey on August 4, 2017 6:57AM