The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Torug's Pact BUG

• ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

The magsorc conspiracy takes many forms, "oh the devs clearly play magsorc hurr durr" when people either weren't around for or conveniently forget when magsorcs were nerfed so damned hard that we were free AP in PvP and just kicked from PvE groups.

Also what kind of argument is that? The devs play magsorc? I'm sure they do, and I'm sure they also play stamsorc, magdk stamdk magblade stamblade magden and stamden.

Edit: Magsorcs are not that hard to kill. If you're still having trouble then idk how to break this to you but you might just be bad?
    Edited by ParaNostram on August 3, 2017 12:53PM
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

And how are mSorc going to shield stack through oblivion dmg every 1.4 seconds? Sorcs will probably suffer the most from Torugs infused oblivion combo because it completely bypasses their shields and they dont have strong heals.

Nah.

The classes that are going to suffer the most are those that rely on block or dodge.

Shields acutally cope best with oblivion dmg because they spread incoming dmg between two pools (shield and hp). That means having shields requires minimal healing compared to a build only working with HP. Shield builds also don´t rely on dmg reduction but have the ability to shield the dmg unmitigated (meaning the dps increase against them is actually not that drastic).

Stamblades are probably going to suffer the most. Their healing is abysmal and they work with dmg avoidance rather than taking and healing. Problem is there is no way to avoid this dmg when it´s used with wall of elements or channeled attacks (they´ll eat 6k dmg passively just from jumping someone who´s aware of them).

Block builds also get hit hard(er than shield builds). They´re usually setup to outheal blocked damage easily. They can´t block this dmg resulting in massive (and i´m talking more than doubled) incoming dps they have to outheal.

It´s worst for medium armor. Then heavyarmor block builds. Then heavyarmor heal (magplar and magblade). Shield builds will adapt the easiest (with magblade being an absolute charm as their whole toolkit counters this kind of spread dmg).
    Ranged is always going to have an edge over melee.

I agree with you to some degree. Medium builds will definitly struggle to heal through the oblivion dmg but a lightning/disease enchant combo would probably be harder for them to survive.

Nothing keeps you from running charged disease backbar and infused oblivion front. Wall of elements will procc both on barswitches.

The problem for tanky(block) builts will be their immobility. They have to reach the target to dmg them. Someone dancing around in WOE, refreshingpath/mines playing with roots/snares will have a quite subtential edge on them. Atleast that was my impression from playing pts.
    They have to play defensive before they´ve even reached their target (and i was dueling mind you - open world i would just try to avoid getting into gapclose range in the first place).
    Edited by Derra on August 3, 2017 2:53PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    The magsorc conspiracy takes many forms, "oh the devs clearly play magsorc hurr durr" when people either weren't around for or conveniently forget when magsorcs were nerfed so damned hard that we were free AP in PvP and just kicked from PvE groups.

Also what kind of argument is that? The devs play magsorc? I'm sure they do, and I'm sure they also play stamsorc, magdk stamdk magblade stamblade magden and stamden.

Edit: Magsorcs are not that hard to kill. If you're still having trouble then idk how to break this to you but you might just be bad?

you calling anyone bad is ironic as ***
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open with Bow Bar, Lethal Arrow (Major Defile), Poison Injection (execute-ish dot), disease enchant on bow (Minor Defile?)
    Swap to 2nd bar (bow, dw, 2h, etc) with oblivion/torugs and go at the remain health directly while their healing is severely debuffed.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was asked earlier, currently Torug's Pact does affect crafted poisons. It reduces the cooldown and buffs the unnamed amounts. (e.g. Minor breach doesn't change, but a poison that does x damage over y time would get a buff.) The cooldown is for both bars as well. However it's not by effect, in other words you can run a weapon damage enchant on the front bar and a Sorcery poison on the back bar and get about 700 spell power increase between the two.

Infused does not affect the crafted poisons that I've found.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    THIS IS MY OPINION AND SUCH MAY BE WRONG =)

If this patch goes live without buffing trials gear and vMA/vDSA weapon's it will essentially disincentivize all character progression by making end-game content not necessary for any magicka based characters and possibly even stamina classes to get BiS PvE gear. 2-5pc overland and craftable sets are going to take the lead in BiS. Kinda sad really. This "everyone gets a trophy" mentality is bs.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive the new question... But what is changing between Live and PTS(before fixes) that is making this set so much more better than it currently is? I know it has something to do with Infused enchant? Thanks in advance for clearing it up for Noob over here...
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    Forgive the new question... But what is changing between Live and PTS(before fixes) that is making this set so much more better than it currently is? I know it has something to do with Infused enchant? Thanks in advance for clearing it up for Noob over here...

The set and trait are working together to make something which doesn't matter overly much on live into a very strong option. Glyphs will go off more often and strike for harder. Zenimax tried to moderate the behavior once already this PTS cycle, and it became even more potent as a result.

It's slated to be changed again (check Gina's replies), but as no details were posted we'll have to wait and see whether the end result will allow this hype of 'magicka viper' to resemble reality on Live or not.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »

- Oblivion enchant on life is bugged, you can't reduce the cd ( 4 seconds ), now it will be either 0.8 or 1.4 depending if the fix next week works but in both cases it will still kick everyone ass except templar/warden healers
    - Infused gives 20% strength to the enchant effect and 40% cd reduction on life, on pts its 30% extra strength and 50% cd reduction to make other trait competitive with sharpened
    - Right now proc sets are very popular on life, weapon enchants will be basicly substitute procs and in case of the oblivion enchant, they even more powerful
    - Turogs pact got a nerf/buff depending on the weapon enchantment type ( different cd like weapon/spell damage got 10 cd while simple damaging ones like fire or poison got 4 seconds ) , used to reduce cd by 1 second, now its 30%
    Edited by Teridaxus on August 5, 2017 7:40AM