Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GUIDE ADDON LIST - 2020 updated

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Nord_Templar , it may be due to the fact that Destinations has not been updated since Oct. 2016, the other 2 are updated.
    I do not want to waste my time and nerves, on hypotheses.
    I just do not understand why Zenimax did not add the contents of these add-ons to the game.
    Simple. Discovery of locations, skyshards, and lorebooks is supposed to be a reward for exploration. You're not supposed to know where things are until you've found them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Simple. Discovery of locations, skyshards, and lorebooks is supposed to be a reward for exploration. You're not supposed to know where things are until you've found them.

I agree. This is true for those who started the game.
    But if I play 2 years - I just need the ability to quickly create a new character. In this game, in order to do this, I have to navigate all the locations and collect all the Shards. Without a detailed map, it is very slow or not possible.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I agree. This is true for those who started the game.
    But if I play 2 years - I just need the ability to quickly create a new character. In this game, in order to do this, I have to navigate all the locations and collect all the Shards. Without a detailed map, it is very slow or not possible.
    Sure. I wouldn't be opposed to an in-game item or something that added all these locations to the map. Maybe the Mages Guild could sell a map of all the skyshards, for example. Assassin's Creed usually has a system similar to this, where you can buy maps to show all the collectibles.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    @ArnoTerranova just a heads up, if you're running No, Thank You, it will give you a pop up if you get close to the LUA memory limit and you don't really need to run Shissu Lua memory.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I did a quick update.
    If you have new nice addons you know about, please share!
    Thanks!

Fatty White-Claw (lvl 50+) heal trial pve
    Koros Bone-Shield (lvl 50+) tank trial pve
    Koros Lust (lvl 50+) dps pve, pvp
    Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
    Wildfire (lvl 50+) dps pvp
    EU-PC - Playing since April 2014. (beta)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArnoTerranova, if you're asking for recommendations, here's a few:

Vampire's Woe: For vampires, this will suppress their feed interaction, preventing it from getting in the way when they're trying to use Blade of Woe. Can be toggled from a keybind.

Wykkyd's Achievement Tracker: A bit older, this one will allow you to pin achievement progress to your HUD.

Ravalox' Quest Tracker: Allows you to track multiple quests simultaneously on the HUD. This and Wykkyd's Achievement Tracker can make for a slightly messier UI, but they can be very useful in tracking what you're doing.

SimpleHelmetToggle: allows you to keybind the show/hide helmet setting. Nothing really big here, just a simple QoL thing.

HideHousePreviews: This removes unpurchased houses from your map. There's a keybind, and control on the map that lets you toggle between settings. Nice for uncluttering your map.
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    Hello guys,
    With the wave of newcomers, and veteran players alike, I thought it could be useful to give the Must-Have Addons for TESO - for PC users - , and how to install them if you don't know how to. Addons, for people who would not know, are programs made by the community that may enhance your interface, windows, craft, playability, .... I focus here on the most useful addons updated to this day (edited April 2017).

HOW TO GET ADDONS
    First of all, please install Minion, which is a must-have program that download and manage your addons. Once installed, it will ask you the file where to put addons. Not only it provide a list of (all?) available updated addons, with information such as most downloaded ones, but it will also automatically install and update the last version of each addon, so you don't have to check the version at every update of TESO. Super useful. Go here: minion.mmoui.com/

Sites to get addons from, if you wish to install them manually:
    ESO UI
    ESO Addons Sub Reddit

Install repertory for Addons
    Find the ESO Directory:
    - Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
    - Mac: ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/

Locate the addons folder, if it does not exist create one.
    Drop the Addons folder you downloaded into the folder. Note that MINION will automatically put the addons file here.
    When starting the game, you should see the list of addons at the character selection page.
    In game, you may change the parameter by accessing the menu (Social/addons). A list of your addon appears and their status.
    If an addon is indicated as "obsolete", you want to remove it from the addon folder, or check for an update, as it may causes errors.

SOME GOOD BASIC ADDONS (alphabetical order) (last update: March 2017)

Advanced Filters - provide useful filters to find out the object you want in your bank, inventory, etc… very useful.

Alpha Gear - or Wykkyd Outfitter to save and change your armor sets quickly !

Awesome Guild Store - upgrade of interface for merchant pnj (similar to Advanced Filters), proposing category filters for level, price, quality filters, per unit price display, etc.

Destinations - (not updated since Oct. 2016) additional markers for your map - some altars, dwemers ruins, some quest givers, etc.. very useful.

Dustman - get rid of some items in an automatic manner (selling, throwaway,etc.).

Harvest Map - add resources coordinates on your map when you get one (ore, plants, wood, ...)

Horse Timers– to take care of your horses. My wife wishes I had such a timer for her.

Greymind Quick Slot Bar - provide hotkey for Potions, etc. Good for PC users, as the wheel interface is a pain in the ...

Inventory Grid View - my favorite. Put your bags content as a grid. so useful for your bank !

Inventory Insight - to get track of the inventory of your other characters!

Lorebooks- indicates the location of books on the map. I find it useful but one may prefer to explore to find those. You can also find more letters & books in trials and dungeons that are not indicated by this addon.

Master Merchant - for people interested in selling their goods in Trade Guild. This must-have addon displays the average value of items and number of items sold so far. However, it provokes a minor error as the "LUI" memory gets full. You can correct this by using Shissu's LUA Memory.

Multicraft - Allow to craft more than 1 item at the time (put several in queue), for all kind of craft.

Minimap by Fyrakin - A very useful map a honestly a must have for most player. (obsolete on March 1st 2017)

Potion Maker - very helpful to save the “best combination” you found. It also give the effect of each alchemy materials.

Research Assistant - a must have for crafting : it indicates on each item if you need or not the traits for research (smithing, woodworking, & tailoring).

Shissu's LUA Memory - boost the memory allocated to addons, and avoid errors from master merchant.

SkyShards - arguably the most downloaded addon out there. It locates all(?) shard of the game. Very useful but few players will find it more rewarding to discover shards as it goes.

Sous-chef – a very useful addon to track recipe between your characters (which has which), ingredients needed for recipes and furnitures, and also, it indicates in your cooking list the recipes needed for the daily craft quest. (obsolete on March 1st 2017)

Srendarr – a good addon to track the Aura, Buff and Debuff... I think a must have in mmorpg.

ThiefHelper – if you plan to get rich by stealing.

Votan’s Fisherman - Very helpful addon which indicates the type of bait you should use for which environment. Smart and simple.

Wykyyds Toolbar - a small bar giving useful info like horse timer, gold, area, research timer, etc.

ADDONS FOR IMPROVING YOUR BUILD (alphabetical order)

Combat Metric - This must-have addon provide a small rectangle that display an overview of how good you do damages, tanking, or heal (in value and %) by comparison to the group. In addition, you can display a report to see in detail how your skills and abilities performed well. I love the possibility to compare skills and also to see how the sequence of your skills in battle will improve your output.

Itemization Browser - indicates where you can get the armor pieces you need for your set, and all armor sets of the game. Very useful for max level player !!!!!!! (Thanks Fioskal!)
    (obsolete on March 1st 2017 but you can make it work)

Combat Log Statistics (CLS) - to have a description of the combat skills and clear idea of what skills do what, if you want you can test them 1 by 1 on a random mob, or a training (in homemead next February).

Superstar - give an overview of your build/template and help you to compare build and make the good choice (thanks fioskal). Note that My Build is a similar addons but it gives me error everytime I launch it (Jan 2017).

T's Combat Stats - to have a more precise description of each skill and its chance to critical strike.

SOME GOOD ADDONS FOR GROUP PLAY & RAID

Auto Recharge – To keep your armor shiny and weapon charged. Smart.

Lionas's Food & Drink Reminder – because it’s a must a have to get a beer before a fight.

I would also add Combat Metrics, described above, to compare yourself with other members of your group.

Noob Filter – this one is kind of cruel but it may be needed to get track of raid members.

ReadyCheck - lets you type /ready to do a ready check instead of fumbling with the group UI.

Trials Weekly Reset Tracker - Always good to now when it is time to go to trials (raid 12).

WPamA (What Pledges at my Alts). To follow which are the daily group dungeons and world boss available. (Thanks Fioskal for this one!)

ADDONS FOR PVP

Cyrodiil Alert 2 - suggested below, war alliance notification, including objectives in progress. Also includes notifications for your position in the campaign queue, and if you log in directly to Cyrodiil, it tells you which campaign you're in.

No Thank You - Hides annoying alerts such as guild member that finished a raid, etc..

Rainbow Reticle - suggested below by kamimark. Color-codes the cursor by target type, and puts their name & stats above it. Much less intrusive than a full combat tracker.

Let thanks all the modders that kindly took their time to provide wonderful addons to the community, and the people who answered to this post and pointed out many addons.
    Let me know if any of the aforementioned addon is outdated, so I can remove it from the list. It should be fine as I use them.
    So that’s about it, so guys, what are your favorite addons (recently updated only)? Please share.

SAME TOPIC HERE IN FRENCH:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/307067/guide-addons-indispensables-dec-2016/p1?new=1

I notice DataDaedra is not on that list. Odd, considering it's the only addon that provides pricing data at the crafting tables, and this list is supposedly current as of July 2017.
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Updated :)
    Thanks all for your comments.

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:
    - Destinations is still working. There was a data update in April (3.0.0).
    - if you want a traditional MMO quest tracker, try FCM Quest Tracker.
    - CraftResearchTimers is a new addon based on Harven's Research Timers - for trait research and horse training, if you want to see them as bars.
    - for my thieving urgencies I found ThiefTools very useful. And to avoid bounties there is No Accidental Stealing.
    - where did I miss a skill point? I can find it with Urich's Skill Point Finder.
    - and for the daily crafting writs... Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter. The quests are much more manageable...
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shissu's LUA Memory was made obsolete by Morrowind. Do not use it. It should not be in the list.

I also prefer Trait Buddy to Research Assistant, as I found it more reliable.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on July 17, 2018 3:26AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Horse Timers– to take care of your horses. My wife wishes I had such a timer for her.

Trying to view the addon on ESOUI now shows this message:
    Sorry, The author has chosen to remove this AddOn.

So it's no longer available. :( I'm trying to find a Mount Training Timer addon that will display the timers for all my characters but so far I've had no luck finding one. Anyone know if such an addon even exists?
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grizzly_UK wrote: »

So it's no longer available. :( I'm trying to find a Mount Training Timer addon that will display the timers for all my characters but so far I've had no luck finding one. Anyone know if such an addon even exists?

Try RidingSkillStatus :)
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion, though a link would also have been handy as searching on ESOUI and CurseForge gives zero results! Tried a google search and got a result for ESOUI but it's now named "nothing" with no description, no screenshots, no changelog, but at least the comments are still there, though sadly there's no clue as to what's happening with the addon. I was able to download a file, last updated on 02/15/18 06:10 PM with a version number of 1-002. If anyone else wants to take a look at it: RidingSkillStatus now renamed to nothing

EDIT: I downloaded the file, extracted it, updated the API Version, installed it, ran the game and it seems to be working just fine. Once in-game I had to assign a keybind so I can easily toggle the display on/off. It does exactly what I want, which is a simple display of each of my characters riding skills and training timer! At least now I can easily check to see when each character is ready to begin riding training again!
    Edited by Grizzly_UK on July 29, 2018 2:32AM
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the suggestion, though a link would also have been handy as searching on ESOUI and CurseForge gives zero results! Tried a google search and got a result for ESOUI but it's now named "nothing" with no description, no screenshots, no changelog, but at least the comments are still there, though sadly there's no clue as to what's happening with the addon. I was able to download a file, last updated on 02/15/18 06:10 PM with a version number of 1-002. If anyone else wants to take a look at it: RidingSkillStatus now renamed to nothing

EDIT: I downloaded the file, extracted it, updated the API Version, installed it, ran the game and it seems to be working just fine. Once in-game I had to assign a keybind so I can easily toggle the display on/off. It does exactly what I want, which is a simple display of each of my characters riding skills and training timer! At least now I can easily check to see when each character is ready to begin riding training again!

Sorry, I didn't notice that it had a name change... :(
    Edited by Ydrisselle on July 29, 2018 2:25PM
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it is just a name change, it appears as if the author may have stopped maintaining/working on the addon. As I said there's no description, no screenshots and no changelog, though I have no idea if any of those exisited prior to the addon being renamed. Comments are still there, but the last comment from the author was in March 2018. The latest version is also still available to download. I've posted a comment there asking if anyone knows what's happening. *shrug*
    Edited by Grizzly_UK on July 29, 2018 11:01PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it is just a name change, it appears as if the author may have stopped maintaining/working on the addon. As I said there's no description, no screenshots and no changelog, though I have no idea if any of those exisited prior to the addon being renamed. Comments are still there, but the last comment from the author was in March 2018. The latest version is also still available to download. I've posted a comment there asking if anyone knows what's happening. *shrug*

The addon has been just updated again :)
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭

I just saw that on ESOUI so I downloaded the new version 1.003 to see what's changed (if anything). While I've never created an addon I have been using addons for various MMO's for some years now so I sort of have a reasonable idea of some of the basics, so I was a little surprised to find that the downloaded archive only contains TWO files, compared to the previous versions 22 files! The two files are "RidingSkillStatus.txt" and "RidingSkillStatus.lua" so my first thought was that maybe it's been rewritten, then I checked each file! The "RidingSkillStatus.txt" contains 17 lines compared to the previous versions 38 lines, and the "RidingSkillStatus.lua" file contains just 10 lines of code!

I'd say DO NOT update to this new version 1.003 because it simply does not seem to do much of anything! If it is a rewrite then it would appear to be rather incomplete.

EDIT: I'm guessing that the author has decided that this is the best way to effectively "kill" the addon because anyone who uses Minion to automatically keep their addons up-to-date will find that the addon no longer functions with this new 1.003 update!
    Edited by Grizzly_UK on July 30, 2018 12:28PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw that on ESOUI so I downloaded the new version 1.003 to see what's changed (if anything). While I've never created an addon I have been using addons for various MMO's for some years now so I sort of have a reasonable idea of some of the basics, so I was a little surprised to find that the downloaded archive only contains TWO files, compared to the previous versions 22 files! The two files are "RidingSkillStatus.txt" and "RidingSkillStatus.lua" so my first thought was that maybe it's been rewritten, then I checked each file! The "RidingSkillStatus.txt" contains 17 lines compared to the previous versions 38 lines, and the "RidingSkillStatus.lua" file contains just 10 lines of code!

I'd say DO NOT update to this new version 1.003 because it simply does not seem to do much of anything! If it is a rewrite then it would appear to be rather incomplete.

EDIT: I'm guessing that the author has decided that this is the best way to effectively "kill" the addon because anyone who uses Minion to automatically keep their addons up-to-date will find that the addon no longer functions with this new 1.003 update!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Luckily I still have the old version, so until it breaks I can use it.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest adding CraftStore (Full name of updated version is "CraftStore Fixed and Improved 1.1" by AlphaLemming, BlackSwan, Rhyono) , as this single addon can replace a number of addons on your list. It has trait research tracking and timers, recipe/furnishing plan tracking, horse tracking/timers, for all your characters in one excellent combined interface. It includes marking of inventory items with colored icons to show that a recipe/furnishing plan/trait item is needed on the current character or an alt.

In addition it allows you to TP directly to the wayshrine nearest to any set crafting station and has a full library of all existing recipes/furnishing plans that is searchable by name. It has also been promptly updated after new DLC releases for the past year. I find it absolutely unmissable for my master crafter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map Pins seems to have taken the place of Destinations. It also lets you turn off or on things like Skyshards, Lore Books, Treasure Chests and the like. Not sure if it uses the underlying Skyshard or Lorebooks or Lost Treasure addons, but at least it gives an easy way to toggle those markers
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    List updated ;)

Did you know Magic Carpet?^^
    Edited by ArnoTerranova on April 28, 2020 12:14AM

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • bazanar
    bazanar
    is this one still functioning?

Nirn Auction House
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bazanar wrote: »
    is this one still functioning?

Nirn Auction House

I have been using NIH with no problems. Has not been updated since 01/12/2019, but it still works.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.