The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stam DK - pls help me achieve/improve my old build (2hw/bow)

murdomac101
murdomac101
✭✭✭
Hey all,

I used to love my stam dk in homestead (2hw and bow focussing on wpn dmg) but I've not been able to get that build to work for morrowind. I've had to change to go full tank, which is ok but not my fave.

I'm looking for some advice on achieving as close to my old build as possible but with sets that make it more effective for morrowind, or if impossible, looking ahead to next patch.

I used to run as follows:

1 piece kragh heavy
1 piece veli light
4 heavy clever alchemist (also had in medium)
1 2hw CA
1 medium marskman
3 marksman jewellery
1 marksman bow

I have tried this in morrowind and didn't find it to be very effective.

I'd be really grateful in any suggestions for making a 2hw/bow build that works. I mainly play non cp but have 400cp so could play vivec too.

Thx

• scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can probably keep the same build but morrowind made sustaining more difficult. swap out jewelry glyphs from damage to regen and maybe put on bone pirate instead of marksmen with cambrodian throne.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of tough to pull off a medium armor bow DK build atm Night Blades will eat you alive lol... everything you do they do better..
    The extra healing and stam return has been nerfed hard...
    Edited by Durham on July 28, 2017 7:21PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • mirog
    mirog
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Kind of tough to pull off a medium armor bow DK build atm Night Blades will eat you alive lol... everything you do they do better..

:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6_wmotTBs
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mirog wrote: »

Umm you need to watch that video lol ... the very first is a night blade that dark cloaks a few times and runs away .. lol by sprinting lol ..Man that is not even a decent example of this build...I saw no fear btw... . Also did you notice that Crit Rush did not do damage a few times a old bug that is back... On my stam DK crit rush sends me through the ground, freezes up, and 1/4 does no damage against a moving target...

A Night Blade can pull this type of build much better with the ability to get away... Same goes with the stam sorc also... I even like my stam temp better then my stam Dk using this setup...

Did not say you could not pull it off I said it's tougher on a DK... On PC you might see a two hander/bow DK on the small man circuit maybe once every 2 days.... They can kill you no question but they are rare...

The reason is simple other classes do it better... If DKs had an advantage like they use to I would play this style again because I prefer this style...

As a stam DK your healing has been hit hard... your helping hands stam return was nerfed as hard as any passive I have ever seen I get .. Battle Roar nerf... Then all the other stam nerfs on stacked on you...

Edited by Durham on July 29, 2017 2:04PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    hmm i have both a stam sorc and nb (and warden actually) and still find them squishier than my dk which i dont like. like my nb i will kill someone then die instantly (assuming there is more than one player about) (also presume im rubbish at playing it). whereas with my dk i still feel like i can brawl for a while which is the style i enjoy. maybe i should try throwing one of my heavy armour sets like beekeeper, green pact, orgnums or plague doctor on my stam NB or Sorc...anyone tried that?

also....if i go a stam sustain set....instead of a health sustain set....in theory should this help me keep my health up - through using vigor/rally etc more frequently?

cheers

• mirog
    mirog
    ✭✭✭
    mirog wrote: »

Umm you need to watch that video lol ... the very first is a night blade that dark cloaks a few times and runs away .. lol by sprinting lol ..Man that is not even a decent example of this build...I saw no fear btw... . Also did you notice that Crit Rush did not do damage a few times a old bug that is back... On my stam DK crit rush sends me through the ground, freezes up, and 1/4 does no damage against a moving target...

A Night Blade can pull this type of build much better with the ability to get away... Same goes with the stam sorc also... I even like my stam temp better then my stam Dk using this setup...

Did not say you could not pull it off I said it's tougher on a DK... On PC you might see a two hander/bow DK on the small man circuit maybe once every 2 days.... They can kill you no question but they are rare...

The reason is simple other classes do it better... If DKs had an advantage like they use to I would play this style again because I prefer this style...

As a stam DK your healing has been hit hard... your helping hands stam return was nerfed as hard as any passive I have ever seen I get .. Battle Roar nerf... Then all the other stam nerfs on stacked on you...

Those crit rush bugs/glitches do still happen a lot to me, it can be very frustrating, I enjoy 2h/bow the most so I guess I have to put up with it. btw they did fear me when they could
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because Stamina DK is atm the worst Stamina class in the game, while all the others are extremely good.

Battle roar and igneous shield nerf completely killed the class.
    Edited by Kay1 on July 31, 2017 1:28PM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm i have both a stam sorc and nb (and warden actually) and still find them squishier than my dk which i dont like. like my nb i will kill someone then die instantly (assuming there is more than one player about) (also presume im rubbish at playing it). whereas with my dk i still feel like i can brawl for a while which is the style i enjoy. maybe i should try throwing one of my heavy armour sets like beekeeper, green pact, orgnums or plague doctor on my stam NB or Sorc...anyone tried that?

also....if i go a stam sustain set....instead of a health sustain set....in theory should this help me keep my health up - through using vigor/rally etc more frequently?

cheers

No not really stam drains extreamily fast... holding down block and casting 4k vigor and 3.5 rally will eat u up quick... keep in mind these are hots.. If you are defiled go ahead lay down... btw your health regen set just nerfed..if you play that way..
    Running the small man circut if you are a DK you are targeted last why, because you are the least dangerous.. Healers >DPS > Tank last... after they come back to the tank he will fall quickly a good group will take a tank down easily..
    Being a health potatoes serves no purpose right now unless your fighting a larger group of complete noobs.. In small man your tanks can still dish out burst DPS... If your running over 35k health your DPS is to low imo to run in competitive small mans you will just get ignored then focused at the end...
    DKs are still good but they really have been pushed in to heavy tanking with little synergy to be a top tier medium armor build in pvp, yes NB will RIP you up of they are of equal skill as you...
    I SEE DK being used in small mans but they are not essential and not needee...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is right. Stam NB and Stam sorc play this build much more effectively. You need to play to the DK's strengths, which are blocking damage, being healed, and using crowd control
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But healing isnt a strength anymore this patch. Major Mending uptime gutted and defiles have been superbuffed so people can easily put 50%+ healing debuffs on you. Stam DK also doesnt offer a lot of good crowd control, so all you can really do is be an useless tank.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm this is all v interesting! So if late I'd been running my dk in non cp with orgnums, beekeeper and tremorscale. DW for all out attack and 1/s for gap closer, defile, ransack. Wpn dmg enchants and max stam.

I was by no means a super tank, 3 or more players and I die fast. But if I'm in a decent group then I'd normally last a while whilst charging and hurting multiple foes. In a pug though I die quick.

I've enjoyed it ok but as said in this post I really like playing with 2hw and bow. Part of the reason I've tended to stick with dk is I hate being squishy and in the past (pre morrowind) I felt I hd a really good balance of damage and survival, but never op.

I would give my stamina nb or sorc a shot if you guys think it would be a better experience for 2hw/bow playstyle. The thing is I've never mastered nb - I always die very very quickly. Unless I'm doing solo ganking (which I don't enjoy) I feel useless!!! Ironically I took on a couple of NBs yesterday with my dk - would just stood there not moving while I hit him, continually healing while the other tore into me - I couldn't believe I could barely hurt this nb.

Do any of you plan any other stamina classes and if so are there any tips you could give or sets you could recommend? Ultimately to get somewhat close to 2hw/bow build that doesn't die instantly (obv how bad a player I am may impact on this lol)
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non CP is a little different imo .. btw... less health procs and poisons are more of an issue... On CP tremor scale hits me for 2k on 28k health

Night Blade think darkcloak.. yes you will die on this class but you will also kill and get away 100 times more effectively then a DK... Night Blades are in a good spot right now...

The stam DK is in a worst spot it's been in since release imo.. almost no build diversity ... you almost forced to run them same ole armor .. Fury and bloodspawn and yes bloodspawn is getting hit again with a tiny nerf...

I also want to say this....
    Fix Crit Rush ZOS you still fall through the ground at keeps and resources.. Fix Leap ZOS it fails to fire about 10 to 20% of the time ... I can't count the times leap fails to help execute and I end up losing a fight ...

Edited by Durham on August 1, 2017 2:42PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables