The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Rite of Passage and Morphs

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you remove the channel requirement from this Ultimate ability? It seems like an outdated effect, especially for an Ultimate, considering the addition of Panacea which costs less and its morphs can have greater effects available to everyone. Even the Warden's new Secluded Grove isn't channeled, just cast and go.
Edited by phaneub17_ESO on July 31, 2017 7:02AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panacea impact only one player per second, Rite of Passage can hit six.

Secluded Grove is a ground based aoe that does nothing for the caster, Rite of Passage is a PBaoe that gives you 10k armor while channeling it.

seems different enough.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Secluded Grove is a ground based aoe that does nothing for the caster, Rite of Passage is a PBaoe that gives you 10k armor while channeling it.

seems different enough.

Its more like 16k Resistance if I remember correct, and one morph lets you move with it and the other gives major protection while you use it, and both make you immune to CC effects for the duration of the ability.

I see a lot of people use this skill in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, done in the right situation and it can be a huge boon for your team/faction. Resto staff ultimate is basically a solo buff that some mag users and even some stam users use on themselves for the buffs it gives you.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

seems different enough.

Its more like 16k Resistance if I remember correct, and one morph lets you move with it and the other gives major protection while you use it, and both make you immune to CC effects for the duration of the ability.

I see a lot of people use this skill in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, done in the right situation and it can be a huge boon for your team/faction. Resto staff ultimate is basically a solo buff that some mag users and even some stam users use on themselves for the buffs it gives you.

thank you for the correction, I was wrong, it is 16.5k armor, so basically taking anyone to cap and everything else you have said is true but the Practiced Incantation morph does not let you move, it extends the channel by 2 seconds, so 50% longer duration, pretty good morph choices. so 6 seconds of massive aoe heals or 4 seconds of massive aoe heals with major protection for the duration plus 6 seconds, so 10 seconds of major protection for the caster and only the caster. Zos changed this morph with the introduction of the warden, the wardens Sleet Storm aoe major protection plus the 24% damage reduction that Remembrance had, was clearly going to be too strong.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 31, 2017 8:00PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

seems different enough.

thank you for the correction, I was wrong, it is 16.5k armor, so basically taking anyone to cap and everything else you have said is true but the Practiced Incantation morph does not let you move, it extends the channel by 2 seconds, so 50% longer duration, pretty good morph choices. so 6 seconds of massive aoe heals or 4 seconds of massive aoe heals with major protection for the duration plus 6 seconds, so 10 seconds of major protection for the caster and only the caster. Zos changed this morph with the introduction of the warden, there aoe major protection plus the 24% damage reduction that Remembrance was clearly going to be too strong.

yea derp I missread the description. And yes the change to remembrance was something that was needed but I think they did it wrong, I would have rather the major protection go onto everyone but I guess that plus the heal would be to powerful. So better to have it on the caster alone then have it give a non Major Minor buff that stacks with major protection.