Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re: Coldharbour "Invisible Fishing Spots"?

Tai-Chi
Tai-Chi
✭✭✭✭
Is it normal for fishing spots to be invisible in Coldharbour - or are mine bugged?

In order to find one, I have to wade through the water until a 'fishing interaction' appears. Once I start to fish, the water bubbles and spalshes the same as in Tamriel.
PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA

Best Answers

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    I would like to find out whether other players see something or nothing at all (like me). If I am the only one who sees nothing, then it could be that there is something wrong with my set-up or there is a 'localised' bug.

That's why I mentioned it. It wasn't meant as a criticism or accusing you of nitpicking or anything.
    In my game the fishing holes in Coldharbour look pretty much the same as anywhere else, but the difference is that there is very little contrast with the underlying water (plasm), therefore they're more difficult to see and also sometimes they're totally invisible (but only sometimes).
    Maybe you could try playing around with your video and contrast or whatever settings and see if you can make them at least a little apparent.

Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I use the Hissmir Fisheye Rye to better see the fishing spots in Coldharbour. I, also, use it to see fishing spots in all areas at night. My eyesight isn't the best and Fisheye helps.

I use Hissmir Fisheye Rye in Tamriel too but only for the purpose of knowing what water-type and the bait I will need. I have no problems in seeing the spots from a distance.

In Coldharbour, all the water is Foul, so technically there is no need for H-F-R. Nevertheless, the next time I have taken a swig of the concoction, I will visit Coldharbour to see if it make a difference.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Fisheye Rye highlights the fishing spots for better visibility. It's not just for water type and bait.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cause there is official no real water in Coldharbour, just blue plasm.......
    the plasm is the stuff daedra are made off, so something like a tide pool
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    cause there is official no real water in Coldharbour, just blue plasm.......
    the plasm is the stuff daedra are made off, so something like a tide pool

Thank-you for replying @Azurya .

From your answer, do I take it that you also experience no 'visual indicators' of fishing spots in Coldharbour - irrespective of what they are made of - and that the phenomenon is intended?
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lore explanation is valid but I still doubt that it is "intended"... That being said, they're not invisible, just harder to see than anywhere else.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 31, 2017 3:59PM
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lore explanation is valid but I still doubt that it is "intended"... That being said, they're not invisible, just harder to see than anywhere else.

I am not concerned whether the fishing media is water, plasma or any other substance. If fish live in it, that is all I need to know. I just want the achievement and something for my supper.

The point I am trying to make is that I see no bubbles or splashes at all in Coldharbour - faint or otherwise. In the rest of Tamriel I can spot them from accross a lake.

I would like to find out whether other players see something or nothing at all (like me). If I am the only one who sees nothing, then it could be that there is something wrong with my set-up or there is a 'localised' bug.

So, you and another player (the one whom agrees with you) see some faint splashes.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight. B)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the Hissmir Fisheye Rye to better see the fishing spots in Coldharbour. I, also, use it to see fishing spots in all areas at night. My eyesight isn't the best and Fisheye helps.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why I mentioned it. It wasn't meant as a criticism or accusing you of nitpicking or anything.
    In my game the fishing holes in Coldharbour look pretty much the same as anywhere else, but the difference is that there is very little contrast with the underlying water (plasm), therefore they're more difficult to see and also sometimes they're totally invisible (but only sometimes).
    Maybe you could try playing around with your video and contrast or whatever settings and see if you can make them at least a little apparent.

I did not take it as a criticism, so no problem on that score.

I will try adjusting the settings for Coldharbour, as you suggest. I think there is a new feature in "SETTINGS" for this purpose - or perhaps I saw this on PTS and will only be available in a couple of weeks.

I do not have cause to go to Coldharbour often - only to check out new Vendor items, occasional Writs and Surveys. When I am there, I have always made a point of passing some potential fishing locations but have never seen any. I just presumed they had been fished out and had not respawned yet. Today I made a special trip there, in the hope that many fishermen were in Cyrodiil but nothing had changed. I did find some fishing spots but I needed waders and had to zig-zag across the lakes, rivers etc until a notice popped up saying I had found one.

Two Skeleton Fishermen in the East (with whom I have been on friendly terms for a long time now) knew where the good spots were, so I cast my line where they were fishing and managed to catch 4 green fish.

Thanks for your help. :)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I use Hissmir Fisheye Rye in Tamriel too but only for the purpose of knowing what water-type and the bait I will need. I have no problems in seeing the spots from a distance.

In Coldharbour, all the water is Foul, so technically there is no need for H-F-R. Nevertheless, the next time I have taken a swig of the concoction, I will visit Coldharbour to see if it make a difference.

Thanks for the tip. :)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA