The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Event exclusive dye colors should be buyable/earnable.

ploddab16_ESO
ploddab16_ESO
✭✭✭
As the title says, I'd like to have the ability to buy these dyes outright instead of just dye stamps. I love the bright, vibrant colors of the Star-Made Gold and Elven Gore stamps but I don't like how they're arranged. So, I'd like to see these dyes added to the crown store for perhaps 1000 crowns per dye as well as added into the game as part of the Star-Made achievement. Really, it's a crime that these brilliant, vibrant colors are only stampable!

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, please, try and tell your marketing team that most of us don't like the idea of dye stamps because it robs us of the customization of our characters that we so dearly desire, so most of us simply don't buy them.
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I seriously love some of the dyes, the reds especially.

They dye well on certain outfits that don't dye the greatest (with normal dye's and not crown dyes) like the Holiday in Balmora, Buoyant Gentility Ensemble, Ashlander costumes, etc.

Don't get me wrong however, some of the dyes do look good together, the one's for the Mayhem event I think look good together, at least the expensive 200 crown ones with red and yellow/gold, but the cheaper ones are a bit ugly looking.

I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Star Made Gold looks awesome. Ya almost need sunglasses its that bright. On some outfits.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all dyes purchasable should be reusable
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to buy dye stamps. I won't do it, ever. It's not worth the cost, no matter how cheap it is.

I don't really want them to start selling permanent dyes in the store, though, because once they start that, they'll never give us a free unlockable dye in the game again. :/

I have mixed feelings about it, though, because I have to admit there's a part of me that would be relieved if I could just buy a nice dye as a permanent unlock that would work for all outfits like the dyes in the game. That red someone else mentioned would be perfect.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 31, 2017 8:12AM
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I love the star made gold. I’d love to earn that color.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I refuse to buy dye stamps. I won't do it, ever. It's not worth the cost, no matter how cheap it is.

I don't really want them to start selling permanent dyes in the store, though, because once they start that, they'll never give us a free unlockable dye in the game again. :/

I have mixed feelings about it, though, because I have to admit there's a part of me that would be relieved if I could just buy a nice dye as a permanent unlock that would work for all outfits like the dyes in the game. That red someone else mentioned would be perfect.

Not necessarily. They sell costumes, hats, personalities, pets and various other things which still continue to be added as in-game rewards too. Not the exact same ones of course, but they've already done that with the dyes - several are crown store exclusive.

I think the only thing which started off as an in-game reward, got new versions added to the crown store and never got any more in-game variants is mounts, where we can still only get the same 4 horses.

Since these dyes are already exclusive to the crown store we're not losing anything by asking to buy them, we're just gaining functionality. And ZOS are gaining more sales for something they're already having to design and sell. It seems there's a lot of us who won't buy dye stamps and would buy permanent unlocks for the dyes.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here if i can't dye my outfits i don't buy them sadly.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think these colors would be a good mid-tier achievement reward for the upcoming festival. Something like complete 2-3 of the festival sub achievements unlock a dye. But that will never happen.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if these dyes were tied to the festival achievement, I might actually go do some PVP for it. As it is, I'll stick quite happily to my PVE, thanks.