Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem Disaster and Keep Flipping

KILLING4ALIVING
KILLING4ALIVING
✭✭✭
So I didn't get to play very much at all during this Midyear Mayhem Event, because well the game was unplayable 99% of the time. However the little bit I did get to play, it was pretty fun, until today. All I have seen today on Shor NA PC is constant keep flipping from AD and EP, not sure if it is coordinated or not but AD is attacking keeps and EP doesn't defend, despite having ample time and warning, it but as soon as it flips they take it back while AD is taking the next keep. Not fun at all. So I suggest if you ever do another double AP event, keep at least one CP campaign that doesn't provide double AP for those of us who would rather have a fun, competitive PvP experience rather than farm AP.
I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the large Otick paradigm. PVDoor has become normal. Proper defenses and good keep fights are the exception. Plus ZOS tells us to spread out, but large oticks also incentivize faction stacks.

WTB: a proper design team for Cyrodiil.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I didn't get to play very much at all during this Midyear Mayhem Event, because well the game was unplayable 99% of the time. However the little bit I did get to play, it was pretty fun, until today. All I have seen today on Shor NA PC is constant keep flipping from AD and EP, not sure if it is coordinated or not but AD is attacking keeps and EP doesn't defend, despite having ample time and warning, it but as soon as it flips they take it back while AD is taking the next keep. Not fun at all. So I suggest if you ever do another double AP event, keep at least one CP campaign that doesn't provide double AP for those of us who would rather have a fun, competitive PvP experience rather than farm AP.

Telel has been playing on Shor since the event began. They can assure you that they, and their pack, are decidedly NOT coordinating keep flips. And to be honest most of the other dumbminion players don't even seem to know how to siege a wall, let alone work together to flip keeps.

Assuming you've been on in the early afternoon what you're seeing are all the hand holders and AP leeches huddling around a small core of people and moving from one spot to another. Then you have the handful of semi-organized players either moving to farm the new players, or trying to just stay away from such blobs.

And since those latter groups are often small they (specifically the one this one leads) tend to just move onto the next target in an attempt to spread people over the map and or just stay away from stinky nords, and their corpse worshipping elf friends.

On the other claw....

Team purple has definitely been a thing these last few days. Ironically right as the griffs got the numbers to deal with the nightcapping, and a certain group that prides itself on being so good they don't need help...

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other day someone was using shout telling others not to repair the door after a capture. He didn't get a lot of help and whatever he was trying to do, did not work well.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from the red side this week, it's not coordinated.

It's a 12k+ o-tick. Whether it be long term pvp'ers hungry for a rank up or new players wanting AP for golden vendor/skills, it's been damn near impossible to get people to defend keeps. Instead, they see a keep lit somewhere on the map and flock to it to leech the tick.

And when you attack a keep, the defenders bail out the back instead of defending so they, too, can go grab a much larger o-tick somewhere else.

The God of the O-Tick, even when it's not double AP, has not been good for encouraging tactical play. It's only good for encouraging PvDoor.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't enjoy the event because of lag, but the short time I played I was actually happy as I didn't see castle flipping like last time
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people got banned from flipping keeps the last time there was a double AP event. That time people stood in a keep turning the flag back and forth without even attacking. Since ZOS added a cooldown on how often you can gain AP from taking a keep it´s done a little different. One faction attack a keep and leave the breach in the wall/gate un-repaired. Then it´s just to walk in and attack/reclaim the keep. Same thing is still going on but not just as effective as it used to be. And as far as I know this is a "morning-thing" when the campaigns aren´t so populated.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been on Shor the last couple of weeks, most certainly not coordinated, but sometimes if a keep is flagged we'd rather let it go so we can take it again after. It's a 12k tick, better than a 4k defence tick.

I have been unashamedly farming AP while this event is on.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're playing a game called "Elder Scrolls Online," in which an Elder Scroll, those venerable mysteries of incalculable power, have equal value on the Alliance War Scoreboard as the Chalman Mine.

Were you expecting strategic gameplay?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're playing a game called "Elder Scrolls Online," in which an Elder Scroll, those venerable mysteries of incalculable power, have equal value on the Alliance War Scoreboard as the Chalman Mine.

Lol but sadly true :/
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember the days when the scrolls were worth something. And then there was this inexplicable change in the scoring that standardized everything to the same value.

Also, the scrolls being worth zero AP (unless you happen to have a quest) is just bizarre.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made almost 500k AP in 2 hours on shor the other night lol. The whole AD faction Pvdoor'd the empty keeps on the left of the map while the EP *tried* to pvdoor the keeps on the right side of the map... only to be wiped repeatedly by us. AD ended up gaining ground as no one was slowing down the AD from pvdooring while we were slowing down the EP's pvdoor progress.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on July 31, 2017 6:41AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I remember the days when the scrolls were worth something. And then there was this inexplicable change in the scoring that standardized everything to the same value.

Also, the scrolls being worth zero AP (unless you happen to have a quest) is just bizarre.

It wasn't inexplicable. When scrolls were worth more points, one faction would typically 'night cap' scrolls during low population periods which would have a big impact on scoring. There were other issues too. Now it's no big deal.

It was a half-assed solution, but the result has been more competitive scoreboards.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

It wasn't inexplicable. When scrolls were worth more points, one faction would typically 'night cap' scrolls during low population periods which would have a big impact on scoring. There were other issues too. Now it's no big deal.

It was a half-assed solution, but the result has been more competitive scoreboards.

So instead of nightcapping scrolls, people just nightcap keeps and resources. The scrolls being worth more isn't what caused the nightcapping to happen--nightcapping is something that just happens when a campaign can't maintain balanced populations at all hours.

Back in those days, we had more campaigns, and people were spread out more. Since then, the closure of a lot of campaigns and the funneling of people into a single main campaign has helped a lot with maintaining better population balance throughout the entire day. And that is what has stopped nightcapping in the main campaign. The scoring changes just happened to coincide with the campaign consolidations.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bailed on the event after 3 days. Just wasn't fun. Might have made me give up on Cyrodiil altogether apart from leveling skill lines and getting skill points. I was having much more fun before event doing Morrowind content.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Can confirm, the scoreboards are very competitive in PC EU Vivec.