The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Using the 2H Forceful Passive on a bow attack Bug/Exploit

Own
Own
✭✭✭✭
If you weapon swap after a bow light/heavy attack onto a 2H bar, the forceful passive is applied to the bow attack allowing it to also hit nearby targets.

Easy enough

Please Fix. Thanks!
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    If you weapon swap after a bow light/heavy attack onto a 2H bar, the forceful passive is applied to the bow attack allowing it to also hit nearby targets.

Easy enough

Please Fix. Thanks!

Also I'm sure this works with destroy staves. Not going to go into testing this any further.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been the case for a VERY long time mate. It's an extremely minor bug imo, literally only affecting like groups of pve trash mobs when questing.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    This has been the case for a VERY long time mate. It's an extremely minor bug imo, literally only affecting like groups of pve trash mobs when questing.

1. I know it has been around for a while. I was tempted to put the fact that I reported this a very long time ago, and actually forgot about it until testing a poison bug.
    2. It is not a "minor bug". My forceful tooltip copies 68% of damage. Bow heavy attacks can hit for a lot, this is obvious from gankers charging up bow attacks as the opening attack. So yes, hitting an AoE bow attack into a group is a big deal.
    3. WHY are you posting something in a bug thread in support of a bug, or at the very least in a negative aspect towards me? How does your post actually help this thread? You actually came into this thread and posted that a bug is not a big deal? No matter how big or small, it is a big deal and can be fixed.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too complex for ZoS to care. It is mechanic since beta, all attacks copy passives or proc enchants from active weapon on hit
    (anyway interesting calling heavy attack hitting for 68% damage some group ... big deal)
    Edited by SodanTok on July 30, 2017 5:59PM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Too complex for ZoS to care. It is mechanic since beta, all attacks copy passives or proc enchants from active weapon on hit
    (anyway interesting calling heavy attack hitting for 68% damage some group ... big deal)

On a 5k bow heavy that's 3400 damage. It's a big enough free hit to matter. That's probably 15% of someone's health.

But I get why it's not a big deal to a lot. I see things maybe to a little more small scale than most.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a big deal for some because we have become so used to all that free damage floating around. When thinking about bugs like that you almost say: "Well at least he had to push a button and bar swap for the free damage..."
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It's not a big deal for some because we have become so used to all that free damage floating around. When thinking about bugs like that you almost say: "Well at least he had to push a button and bar swap for the free damage..."

It's great that it's not a big deal to some. I'm glad. But saying that you're used to it doesn't make any point. It's still a bug that can be fixed.

Thanks for your feedback.