The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Grim Focus

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Aside from the fact I firmly thing this needs to go back down too 4 light attacks to get it to proc, Like really, it's so painful in PvP and annoying in PvE. WHY DOES IT HAVE A CAST TIME? and the projectile moves so slowly. Sounds like this skill should not be dodge-able, no? @Wrobel
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not as good as it should be,4 LA would suffice
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, it should just recast itself when you use the proc, similar to how Rally reapplies itself after you heal with it.

Anything else & it's a clunky mess to use.

At the very least, it should keep a count of how many hits you had towards the next proc when you recast it (while it's still up, not if it runs out) & continue from there.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how are we still complaining about such a strong skill. This thing alone hit me for 12.5k... come on.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Tbh, it should just recast itself when you use the proc, similar to how Rally reapplies itself after you heal with it.

At the very least, it should keep a count of how many hits you had towards the next proc when you recast it (while it's still up, not if it runs out) & continue from there.

@Wrobel
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I removed grim focus and siphon strikes from my skill bar since last updated , thz zos for endless nerfing
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    I removed grim focus and siphon strikes from my skill bar since last updated , thz zos for endless nerfing
    You have no idea what you are doing.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tell all the time they need to make that skill like cyrstal frags...when it procs just shoot it
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting if they removed the cast time, I often bug it out because of that - especially in pve.
  • Zendran
    Zendran
    ✭✭✭
    As a magblade main, literally the only problem with assassin's will is that it the proc disappears and doesn't shoot if you animation cancel the cast or get stunned when you try to shoot it. As hilarious as I think it would be if it got buffed, it's not really a good idea.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zendran wrote: »
    As a magblade main, literally the only problem with assassin's will is that it the proc disappears and doesn't shoot if you animation cancel the cast or get stunned when you try to shoot it. As hilarious as I think it would be if it got buffed, it's not really a good idea.

It needs help. By the time I finish every fight, I can't use it because I'm done fighting and have nothing to shoot at
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is an addon on pc which does exactly what you want.
    I think the name is Combat action reminder but I'm not 100% sure
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT

I rather think @DDuke meant that it saves the amount of casts so it doesn't start anew and you get a guaranteed proc. Similar to how Rally works.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @BohnT

I rather think @DDuke meant that it saves the amount of casts so it doesn't start anew and you get a guaranteed proc. Similar to how Rally works.

Ahh yes didn't read it right, that would be very awesome.
    But well i guess we'll never get this changed just like this bug where one fully charged heavy attack counts as 2 light attacks
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should work completely different. Either auto attack after 4th light attack (the person you attacked last), or reduce light attack count to 3/make heavy attack count 2. Another way to make it useful is that after usage it auto rebuffs.
    Edited by Enslaved on July 31, 2017 11:17AM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT

Correct.
    Enslaved wrote: »
    It should work completely different. Either auto attack after 4th light attack (the person you attacked last), or reduce light attack count to 3/make heavy attack count 2. Another way to make it useful is that after usage it auto rebuffs.

Tbh, I'm not on board with reducing the amount of light/heavy attacks required for the proc - the skill is already extremely strong damage wise (deals more damage than an Incap), so making it almost spammable with 3 light attacks required only could be detrimental to both PvP & PvE.

Auto rebuff after proc cast is absolutely the way this skill should work.
    Edited by DDuke on July 31, 2017 11:57AM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT

Correct.
    Enslaved wrote: »

Tbh, I'm not on board with reducing the amount of light/heavy attacks required for the proc - the skill is already extremely strong damage wise (deals more damage than an Incap), so making it almost spammable with 3 light attacks required only could be detrimental to both PvP & PvE.

Auto rebuff after proc cast is absolutely the way this skill should work.

Right now it takes 5 light attacks, which takes 5 seconds to do. I just want it reduced back down to 4 like it used to be.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's exactly what I thought all the time. This gives you a 20 second window per activation and safes a ton of clunky recasting, making it way more intuitive. Let's see what they come up with this update. Probably nothing lol :disappointed: