The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Using Poisons AND Weapon Enchant on Bow bug/exploit

Own
Own
✭✭✭✭
When you put poisons on your bow bar you can still proc your enchantment that is on your bow.

step1: light attack with your bow
step2: weapon swap
Your weapon enchant goes off ignoring the fact that it is suppressed by poisons.

Why this is a problem:
You can double light attack/weave poison injection and proc your poison, then weapon swap making your Oblivion/Disease/Whatever enchant on your bow go off, then gap close/continue attack with the free weapon enchant damage.

So why not run poisons on a bow bar? If you want to use the enchant, just weapon swap.

Please fix. Thanks!
Edited by Own on July 30, 2017 2:01AM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    When you put poisons on your bow bar you can still proc your enchantment that is on your bow.

Your weapon enchant goes off ignoring the fact that it is suppressed by poisons.

Why this is a problem:
    You can double light attack/weave poison injection and proc your poison, then weapon swap making your Oblivion/Disease/Whatever enchant on your bow go off, then gap close/continue attack with the free weapon enchant damage.

So why not run poisons on a bow bar? If you want to use the enchant, just weapon swap.

Please fix. Thanks!

Also I'm sure this works with destroy staves. Not going to go into testing this any further.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why this is a problem:

Please fix. Thanks!

I would like to aska question because you mention double light attack at one point

are you describing A or B

A
    i have a bow on front bar with poison and an OD enchant suppressed
    i fire bow procing poison
    i swap to backbar which has bow with enchant OD
    i fire bow on backbar procing enchant while poison is still in runtime or cooldown

B
    i swap to backbar which has bow with enchant fire glyph
    the act of swapping procs the enchant OD from the front bar

A is and has always been how things worked. (they might have added some thing for poisons on both bars but not sure) It worked that way for enchants too, a different enchant on the second bar could fire off while the first was in cooldown.

B would be a bug.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Why this is a problem:

Please fix. Thanks!

I would like to aska question because you mention double light attack at one point

are you describing A or B

A
    i swap to backbar which has bow with enchant OD
    i fire bow on backbar procing enchant while poison is still in runtime or cooldown

B
    i swap to backbar which has bow with enchant fire glyph
    the act of swapping procs the enchant OD from the front bar

A is and has always been how things worked. (they might have added some thing for poisons on both bars but not sure) It worked that way for enchants too, a different enchant on the second bar could fire off while the first was in cooldown.

B would be a bug.

(A) has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

No. You fire bow on backbar. the poison proc's however you want. You fire another light attack and swap weapons. The Enchant on the bow goes off ignoring the poison suppression.

Alternatively, you can fire a light/heavy on your bow bar that has a poison on it, then swap weapons to proc the enchant.

(B) This is correct, but you only need one bow. it doesn't matter what weapon you are swapping to.

Just get a friend/mob/target skeleton. put poison on a bow. light attack then swap weapons before the attack hits the target. it will not proc the poison and it will proc the weapon enchant.