The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please add more furnishing slots for my large home. 700 is not enough.

aegisfire1975
aegisfire1975
✭✭✭
Thank you for adding the housing category by the way. Very helpful. I need about 1000 spaces. My house is so empty. Plus you keep bringing out more furnishings that I'd like to add but have no available slots for, it's like torture. I keep editing items but I'm not at all happy that I have to remove my little dice that I stole because they don't have the impact to warrant a slot. I like the little details.

Thank you
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so here's something... did you build a bunch of stuff? Like platforms on water, big outdoor mazes, climbing walls? Or did you decide to decorate with all tiny house items? (like wallpapering one room with 500 seashells? seen it btw)

I have several large homes, and 2 notable homes. None feel empty, and I'm only using 400-500 slots. I do have to be careful how many small and tiny items I use, and try to use large items whenever possible. It's not ideal, but this is ESO Housing, not Minecraft.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 26, 2017 6:08PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to leave a prissy comment bossing you around and telling you how to play the game. Ha...just kidding...I totally understand your post. Housing should give you the ability to decorate it thoroughly, and if the slots aren't getting you to that point, they're not enough.

I own the island, which offers the same measly 700 slots. I removed the 100ish rocks and kelp it came with to pare down. Then I've decorated around with some minor shipwreck beach stuff, and added more broken statues and shields and banners to give it a more ruined feel. My major addition is the "pirate deck," a stone patio I built waaaaaay up in the cliffs in the back of the island, with piles of treasure, a maps section, and a party section with grills, couches, etc.

I'm at like 500 slots, and I haven't decorated any of the roms yet. AND I'd love to build a pirate tall ship out of furnishings. So 700 feels very limiting.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the homes regardless of size need to have item limits doubled, at the least.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so here's something... did you build a bunch of stuff? Like platforms on water, big outdoor mazes, climbing walls? Or did you decide to decorate with all tiny house items? (like wallpapering one room with 500 seashells? seen it btw)

I have several large homes, and 2 notable homes. None feel empty, and I'm only using 400-500 slots. I do have to be careful how many small and tiny items I use, and try to use large items whenever possible. It's not ideal, but this is ESO Housing, not Minecraft.

I have the cavern for a guild hall, after building a platform for the attunable stations and Munday stones I'm pretty low on space. The biggest problem is how we have to decorate and not so much the item limit. If I could get premed platforms instead of having to use 50 orchish platforms, then maybe when you have all 3 attunable stations have the count as 1 item.
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't built anything at all sadly. I have the Matthison Manor and it's a rather large space. There are so many things that I'd like to do but can't. I've been able to decorate the inside nicely but was unable to do any landscaping at all due to space limitations.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if you don't build anything, it's hard to decorate a large house with 600 items. Creating a lush garden requires A LOT of trees and plants. If you go for a lush outside, your indoors will be bland. If you go for a "lived-in" feel inside, your garden will look empty.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 27, 2017 4:55AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have not used anything small at my house the daggerfall outlook and I have 700/700 the upstairs is empty the hall ways are empty the dinner area in front of the throne room as just a large table and 6 chairs...

My out side looks lush and pretty and full of like with trees and plants and statues but inside just feels empty.

I need at least 200 more slots to be able to finish my house and I keep buying the new stuff every weekend but I can't use it. It's really sad.

Please ZoS and more slot or sell slots in crown store
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not used anything small at my house the daggerfall outlook and I have 700/700 the upstairs is empty the hall ways are empty the dinner area in front of the throne room as just a large table and 6 chairs...

My out side looks lush and pretty and full of like with trees and plants and statues but inside just feels empty.

I need at least 200 more slots to be able to finish my house and I keep buying the new stuff every weekend but I can't use it. It's really sad.

Please ZoS and more slot or sell slots in crown store

I find that the people who think 600 or 700 items is enough haven't seen what a "lush" garden looks like. :p

I didn't realize how bland my garden was until I saw an example of a beautiful garden and I realized how much more I could do.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to have to make a choice between inside and outside.

We should be able to do both in a home that has rooms to furnish and grounds to make into a garden.

@ZOS please raise the item limit.
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm commenting to show my support of this topic just as I do every time I see it. My house is full, but I have so much more I want to do. and can't.
    8dhmxufhkf4a.png
    9m4l6ldzcjnv.png
    r2yw537icn11.png
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped decorating my house because it's full 700/700 slots. It's super frustrating and I can't even buy new furniture with crowns because I can't fit it in the house.

It's sooooooooo frustrating.

So instead of happily decorating my home while I wait for long cyrodill and group finder ques, I login to the forums here and create a headache for zos by complaining about everything I'm unhappy about. Lol
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you don't build anything, it's hard to decorate a large house with 600 items. Creating a lush garden requires A LOT of trees and plants. If you go for a lush outside, your indoors will be bland. If you go for a "lived-in" feel inside, your garden will look empty.

yes it is difficult. I have a nice garden at Quondom Indorilla, PLUS a nicely lived-in interior. Still not at max. It IS possible, but you have to limit yourself to a certain style, e.g. how NPC buildings/homes are decorated.
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I would also like to leave a prissy comment bossing you around and telling you how to play the game. Ha...just kidding...I totally understand your post. Housing should give you the ability to decorate it thoroughly, and if the slots aren't getting you to that point, they're not enough.

Wow, did know tyring to be helpful was "bossy."

Guildies bring me into their homes sometimes to ask how to make their spaces less "empty" - These are the things that I see most of the time. You want to build an elevated 3 story maze complete with trap doors and oubliettes at Hundings Palace? Cool. Don't expect to have slots for the inside too. Someone was complaining they could only decorate 1 room at Mathiisen Manor... that one room had 500 seashells as wallapaer and a bed.

There are several other posts listing why there are item limits and why they seem so low. When I explain to people that using single planks to make walkways instead of platforms is eating up slots, guess I'm still too bossy for you.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 27, 2017 9:55PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have *just* managed to get the Ebonheart Mansion to a place where I am happy with it but I had to cut a lot of corners to do it.

I couldn't have my initial idea of a book room with all the available books stacked around the place as that ate up too many slots.

My garden is manic and strange which was what I wanted but it uses a lot of my item slots to achieve it.

I have just barely made the inside look like a place people might actually live but the cost in slots of scattering things like cups, plates, bottles, tables and chairs around the place makes it hard to not leave it looking sparse.

Overall I don't think I need the limit doubled but going from 700 to 800 would be great, 1000 would be ideal.

If I ever get as creative as some of the 'builders' then even that would be a problem.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could easily use up 100 slots just properly laying a table for say 8 to 10 people, if you consider all the crockery, cutlery, glassware, lighting and other sundries. What about the rest of the house and garden? So I don't think an extra 100 slots would go very far!