The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to have a chance on past Crown Store/Crate items?

SeleneXIII
SeleneXIII
✭✭✭
I am sure everyone has their missed items wish list from past crown store/crate items, costumes, pets or mounts. So I wanted to give a constructive feedback and learn what do you guys think on this suggestion?

Besides the epic/legendary/common etc categories for crown crates, ZOS adds a permanent throw-back/nostalgia category where they keep circulating a set of the old items from old \\popular items pool every week constantly. It may add to the chance of it coming out of the crates, or simply be purchasable with crown jewels only to keep RNG pool as is, so people would not cry on getting old items.

It would both encourage crown crates (make ZOS happy), make people who missed items happy, knowing it will eventually make it back and keep them engaged.

I don't believe it would be hard to implement either as these items are already in game, and purchase data must be easily accessible too to identify a pool of popular items from both crates and crown store. @ZOS_GinaBruno

P.S. Please try to be constructive and try not to answer like "no we have many bugs/lag to fix first" etc as we all know that. They are not goi@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by SeleneXIII on July 19, 2017 3:59PM

Would you like to have a chance on past Crown Store/Crate items? 42 votes

Yes, I want to have a chance to buy old crown items and this sounds good.
85%
nexxus_ESOk9mousejcf190b14_ESOHanokihsAlienSlofNebthet78vrineNerouynIdinuseStravokovkimaerilLylithmakerofthingsBindiPC0523MenegrothCadburyVoodooPlatypusLadyNalcaryaKrainor1974 36 votes
No, I do not agree this suggestion.
11%
FrozenAnimalAdernathBalibeSirGabenOfSteamiaKale38 5 votes
Other suggestions?
2%
menedhyn 1 vote
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭
    And apologies for typos and trying to link and fail Gina, posting first time in forum :) I tried to write

"P.S. Please try to be constructive and try not to answer like "no we have many bugs/lag to fix first" etc as we all know that. They are not going anywhere"
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got no problem with people getting a crack at old crate items, but rare hunters will be thoroughly miffed, just as they were when things limited time items (like the dro-m'athra senche) came back in crates.

Maybe they should be a few magnitudes more expensive, or only offered as "limited time gem exchanges" so that those fancy-pantses in every town square can stay happy.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how GW2 handles limited time sales and IMO it's much more palatable.

Yes there's some anxiety to buy while it's available but if you happen to miss it, it's not gone forever. Nor do you have to take up gambling to get it. You just need to wait long enough for it to make a re-appearance.
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    ....rare hunters will be thoroughly miffed, just as they were when things limited time items (like the dro-m'athra senche) came back in crates.

That's an entirely valid point. The flip side is you don't want new players seeing things they can never have. That doesn't make them more likely to stick around.

I had to disappoint such a person this week. He was admiring my elk and asked me where I got it. I had to explain that it was a horrendously overpriced limited time sale from last year and those are almost never repeated. The zombie horse is the only exception I'm aware of. So maybe in a couple of years the elk will turn up in the gamble boxes.

For my part the glow kitty is the only one I missed out on which I might be tempted to buy now. It would suit several of my sorcerers at least. But I can live with out it. I've a camel for my Khajiit. An elk for my elves. A guar for my Argonian. I'm not opposed to buying more but with my current stable, I have an easier time looking at new mounts and saying, "not worth it."
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I do not agree this suggestion.
    I think the main reason why people always get so mad over what they think is one-time available costumes and mounts getting put into crates is because many of us feel forced or urged on to buy things we think are never gonna return to the crown store.
    To have them return as an RNG 'possibly-spend-only-400-crowns-on-a-single-crate-to-get-it' is pretty much just a kick in the face to people who bought them for, what's usually, a ridiculous amount of crowns.
    Same goes for anything else to reappear on the store as a standalone purchase, even for any amount of time, especially if the crown cost was not mentioned before its initial release. Being put on the spot for only a few days to spend over $80 on a house is bad enough.
    Edited by SirGabenOfSteamia on July 20, 2017 12:14AM
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of in-app purchases is exactly this. You have one shot, that shot. That's how you end up making impulse purchases. Plus, knowing their are available only for a very limited amount of time adds value to it, making it very exclusive: I know I am one of the very few that has it. None else will in the future We all know it sucks when everyone has the same thing.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I've got no problem with people getting a crack at old crate items, but rare hunters will be thoroughly miffed, just as they were when things limited time items (like the dro-m'athra senche) came back in crates.

Maybe they should be a few magnitudes more expensive, or only offered as "limited time gem exchanges" so that those fancy-pantses in every town square can stay happy.

Crown crate exclusives and (one time) limited items should never have been introduced in the first place. The whole gaming industry is broken.
    Edited by Skjoldur on July 20, 2017 11:58AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they can go away for ever.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjoldur wrote: »
    Crown crate exclusives and (one time) limited items should never have been introduced in the first place. The whole gaming industry is broken.
    Economically it's the fact that they are limited in time, and thus availability, that makes them profitable. Which in turn keeps the show going on. Many people would not make a purchase IF those specific objects were not now or never.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    Yeah I wish we could, there was a week free trial on XB1 in late April and I tried it, fell in love with it straight away and bought it after a couple of days. Then I see people with this personality, so I check the crown store but its not there.. Later find out it was the jester personality, obviously missed out on it and I'm still heartbroken. I would pay any amount of money to have that, but it sucks because it will probably never be added again:(
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I wish we could, there was a week free trial on XB1 in late April and I tried it, fell in love with it straight away and bought it after a couple of days. Then I see people with this personality, so I check the crown store but its not there.. Later find out it was the jester personality, obviously missed out on it and I'm still heartbroken. I would pay any amount of money to have that, but it sucks because it will probably never be added again:(
    They've kept the Jester's Festival tents in the game, which makes me think they're planning on bringing back the Jester's Festival again next year. Maybe they'll bring that personality back, too.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjoldur wrote: »
    Economically it's the fact that they are limited in time, and thus availability, that makes them profitable. Which in turn keeps the show going on. Many people would not make a purchase IF those specific objects were not now or never.

The impulse buyers would likely quit buying, but then again, maybe ZOS'd do better just leaving things in the store so more players can get them. When the most coveted things are both limited-time and super expensive, there are always those who lament missing out because the timing is just too inconvenient.

I've been on both sides of the fence; I've bought limited-time items on day one, and I'm also glad the ones I missed have showed up in one Crate season or another, but they'd have made a lot more money from me had I been allowed to buy them at full price when I first wanted to get them. Stockpiling gems is fairly easy with the amount of Crate trash we get per pull (in search of other things), and that basically makes the mounts all but free.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. It's incredibly discouraging as a new player to see really cool stuff that I can *never* have because it came and went before I even heard of the game. It's not like knowing about a game is a special achievement that takes dedicated in-game work, so it's not stepping on anyone's accomplishment to offer those again.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just three word: Dark Shaman Costume
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    No, I think they should put past Crown crate exclusives in the Crown store. I don't categorically dislike gamble crates, but I think that offering a second chance at a chance for something is unimaginative. Also, the Crown store already feels like it is being overlooked for new content in favor of the more lucrative crown crate section- at least by putting the old gamble crate stuff in the shop, we have a choice to gamble to stay on the ESO cosmetic bleeding edge, or wait a few months when the items are no longer "hot."
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impulse buyers would likely quit buying, but then again, maybe ZOS'd do better just leaving things in the store so more players can get them. When the most coveted things are both limited-time and super expensive, there are always those who lament missing out because the timing is just too inconvenient.
    I don't have access to ESO's data, but overall, the people that invest money into in-app goods represent between 2 to 5% of the whole population. Once you make a purchase, statistically, you are very likely going to make more and more. These people want exclusive items. Having an item available for a very short time at an intermediate-high price make it very exclusive. If it were there for a longer time, it would be less profitable.

I've been working in the video game industry, I know this from data. And I am sure ZOS knows this as well.

• Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only on non apex mount items. The gem store should retain all gem items from previous packs.