Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addable water as a furnishing for pools and other things

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Either as a writ item or a crown store item idc I just want to put water in my home. many homes lack water for my master angler boat and having it as a option would be an amazing thing to have. they can come in different sizes and can allow for so many possibilities. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water requires physics. You wouldn't be able to place it using the housing editor.

Unless you just mean actual furnishings with water in them, like above ground pools.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 28, 2017 1:10AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water requires physics. You wouldn't be able to place it using the housing editor.

is that 100 percent confirmed?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

is that 100 percent confirmed?

Water abides by in-game physics in all modern video games. I doubt there would be any way to code it into the housing editor, especially not with ESO's graphics/physics engine (water is more than just a static 3D model). You'd need a more malleable engine, like Source to do something like that (and even then, I'm not sure it's possible).

Maybe someone with a working background in programming can confirm, but that's how I understand it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 28, 2017 1:43AM
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    Either as a writ item or a crown store item idc I just want to put water in my home. many homes lack water for my master angler boat and having it as a option would be an amazing thing to have. they can come in different sizes and can allow for so many possibilities. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

There are plenty of houses with water, use them to show off your boat, or get creative:

-The nords use them for housing

-Build some scaffolding and drydock your boat for repairs upgrades

-There are plenty of cultures that used their boats for inland burials, and plnety of furnishing items that could make this look great.

-Use google images and the phrase 'repurposed boats' for other ideas

-Put it on its side, throw some vines and a few wyrdstones about or such and start ranting about the great inland sea that used to exist!

Plenty of things to do with a boat when you're inland.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »

There are plenty of houses with water, use them to show off your boat, or get creative:

-The nords use them for housing

-Build some scaffolding and drydock your boat for repairs upgrades

-There are plenty of cultures that used their boats for inland burials, and plnety of furnishing items that could make this look great.

-Use google images and the phrase 'repurposed boats' for other ideas

-Put it on its side, throw some vines and a few wyrdstones about or such and start ranting about the great inland sea that used to exist!

Plenty of things to do with a boat when you're inland.

I want a pool
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then buy Hunding's Palatial hall, which has one of those large round pools found in the game's desert towns. And a beach.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Then buy Hunding's Palatial hall, which has one of those large round pools found in the game's desert towns. And a beach.

I don't want hundings, I want a pool in my Amaya lake lodge
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

I don't want hundings, I want a pool in my Amaya lake lodge

Amaya lake lodge has water
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight