Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear mayhem achivments

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah see idk what I wanna use ideally blending my dunmer vampire and dragonknight abilities to the right synergy......
    But as more of a mental want I want to be able to make and use a full set akaviri medium and duel wield some soul shriven katanas...
    As I've capped my smithing and clothing, my ardent flame, my one hand and shield, my duel wield, and restoration staff, medium and heavy armors,capped vampire and have loose points into some legerd/ thieves/assassins stats for sneaking stealing etc earning gold when not in a hard long questing kinda mood
    I know exactly how you feel and I truly wish I could be a Nightblade with duel wield/bow and destruction magicka (like my previous TES characters) but this games systems are so crippling if you go down that path.

Your character is perfect for being a fire mage, and there is no reason that if you get enough SP you can't pick up some medium armour skills as well and switch over to that set when you're sneaking around. The problem will come from when a skill has a stamina or magicka morph and you have to make the choice.

I in the past was able to be a tank and magicka DPS Nightblade with full crafting, it's possible but you need a lot of those skill points (which at least is content to do).

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Yea my big thing is I'm a more beat it in the face till it dies guy vs hurl spells I mean as is I do decent PvE damage but I understand the more you wanna play it like a single player game the more you hurt later on lol.
    I just have this whole I want to melee fight build in my head but idk its not like I can change classes in game sooo yea...
    currently I'm between 5 pieces impregnable, 3 warrior poet, 1 necklace of potentate, and rest cowards gear all medium armor all my impreg I tried to buy with impen for crit resist the rest is more mixed batch I think I've got coward reinforce boots infused something else and a sturdy for blocking (that was prolly more an impulse cheapo buy to get a full militant ordinator style set)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to get 44 player kills, 1 imperial city district capture and 1 battlegrounds win.
    I'm a dunmer vampire dragonknight ebonheart pact member my whole PvE build is next to trash in PvP and I'm wondering if there is anyone who could actually help me get these achievements I can't solo a district I can't get a win in battlegrounds and the clock is ticking to the end of the event sad face: (

Gt LastAyleidKing
    Xbox one Player

For the 44 player kills: run siege (particularly coldfire ballistas/trebs, oils during keep defenses and be patient. Drop meteor on low health, retreating enemies in big fights.

For the imperial city district capture: Grab a buddy and do this, or just hang out in the sewer base until you see an EP group flipping flags in a district and jump there.

For battlegrounds win: Either change your build to pull your weight, or endure misery until you luck out and get OP teammates.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    The hard part of seiges is usually they turn into zerg trains either for or against ya......usually one side always severely lacking in numbers
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hard part of seiges is usually they turn into zerg trains either for or against ya......usually one side always severely lacking in numbers
    That's actually where siege is king. When you hit a zerg there is always people who don't bring heals/shield and are too far away from a healer so just fall over.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    a lot of magicka DKs run heavy armor and are close up in melee range in PvP. You do not need a resto staff for your heals. You got Flame Lash proc, Burning Embers and Dragon Blood. I use resto staff only on backbar because I got a vMA one and it restores magicka each tick of mutagen.

go S/B, 5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium (if you have undaunted passives). backbar also S/B or Resto/Destro (depending on what you want to do). Slot Leap as ultimate, use it as executioner or opener.(damage shield and stun). Get Bloodspawn or Skoria as monster set. With S/B (you can of course also use Dual Wield, but you wont slot any skills of it, shield gives better protection). Get one decent sustain set, one damage set (e.g. shacklebreaker and seducer, all impenetrable of course at least purple, maybe some robust, weapons in gold) on top of it. Stats all in magicka. get enough health that you are at or above 25K-30K health and minimum of 2000 magic damage.
    as a vampire, use elusive mist to get out of trouble and bat swarm can be a decent ultimate beside Leap.

builds like that are (if well played) pretty strong in a roaming scenario. in a keep siege you can use a staff to shot at people or better use siege. If you want to go the glass cannon route go 5L/1H/1M or 7L. there are lots of interesting sets available. Spinners is decent overall for penetration (could become even better next patch), also Silk of the sun (if you focus on your flame skills and flame staff) and/or burning spellweave. Desert Rose is nice for sustain (but there are plenty of choices).

one way or another, DK (in any spec) are just mediocre at the moment and outclasses in terms of damage and survivability by pretty much everyone (ofc unkillable DK tank can still work versus bads but you wont get your kills there). see shield stacking sorc with 20K damage Overload Ultimate Light attacks + Mages Fury, lol...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is good it's a YouTube video I just saw.....idk lol it's a stam build idk maybe some thoughts on it lol?

https://youtu.be/byUbk27MsFc

And yeah assume once you start getting super technical ya lose me I prolly need more in game person to person teaching to really understand complex builds haha
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is good it's a YouTube video I just saw.....idk lol it's a stam build idk maybe some thoughts on it lol?

And yeah assume once you start getting super technical ya lose me I prolly need more in game person to person teaching to really understand complex builds haha

Can't watch the video with sound where I am so I am not sure how good it is, however the clips I watched it seems like they have good skill set ups.

If you're looking for some beginner guides to learn basics try the MissBizz link in my signature. There are also some basics videos on YouTube for the base mechanics etc.
    Just watch stuff, skip around to videos which you understand and slowly start absorbing information. ESO can be complex at first once you get the basics in your head it's pretty easy to understand.

Just by focusing in one attribute and using sets/skills which work well you'll see massive damage changed and will probably feel a lot better about your gameplay. You also only need to invest as much as you feel comfortable doing, if you want want to animation cancel then don't you should still be able to get 15k-20k DPS without doing so and that's enough for most the games content.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's hard to absorb info being up all night though seeing someone skill set ups and morphs makes more sense to me lol.

I do want to have a custom armor set and possibly weapons which might throw off that videos synergy.....buuut hopefully it's still stronger anyway than my rookie mixed build

Btw how do I look at your signature recommendations Turelus?
    Edited by LastAyleidKing on July 28, 2017 1:34PM
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Got kills wasn't easy but it's all done......sigh
    Another day another in game goal reached revamped my whole class trying new and different skills hopefully it works out