Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Magicka Sorc pvp build

Nerd_Herder
Nerd_Herder
✭✭
Hey all! New to Eso, and in particular Eso pvp.
I just recently started venturing into Cyrodil, running with zergs and tagging everything I can, but I was wondering what a good build would be for a mag sorc using a destro staff. What kind of off hand should I use? I'd rather not use pets either.
Edited by Nerd_Herder on July 16, 2017 1:05AM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're just zerg surfing, then you can just focus on the good old Haunting Curse -> Crushing Shock -> Endless Fury -> Crystal Frags combo. The rest is self buff and defense. Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Healing Ward is your shield stack. Streak and Boundless Storm for mobility. Dark Conversion for when you're safe and need more magicka. Power Surge and Inner Light if you don't want to bother drinking potions for the Major Sorcery and Prophesy buffs.

Gear-wise, get some Shacklebreaker and Seducer to start off. Both are crafted sets, so no farming necessary. Just get a friend or guild mate to make them if you don't have a crafter yourself yet. Then you can farm Lich or Amberplasm, which should replace Seducer. You could also swap Shacklebreaker for something else like Julianos if you really want, but I think the extra stamina regen and max stam helps. You just need 1 monster set piece. Anything that gives magicka, like Grothdarr, Ilambris. You could choose one of the above sets and pair it with 3 Willpower Jewelry and the Infernal Guardian monster set also if you want to shoot mortars at people from within your zerg.

I run Shacklebreaker+Lich in BGs to good effect with most of the skills I listed above.
  • Nerd_Herder
    Nerd_Herder
    ✭✭
    That's just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help! I'll give it a go.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    If you're just zerg surfing, then you can just focus on the good old Haunting Curse -> Crushing Shock -> Endless Fury -> Crystal Frags combo. The rest is self buff and defense. Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Healing Ward is your shield stack. Streak and Boundless Storm for mobility. Dark Conversion for when you're safe and need more magicka. Power Surge and Inner Light if you don't want to bother drinking potions for the Major Sorcery and Prophesy buffs.

Gear-wise, get some Shacklebreaker and Seducer to start off. Both are crafted sets, so no farming necessary. Just get a friend or guild mate to make them if you don't have a crafter yourself yet. Then you can farm Lich or Amberplasm, which should replace Seducer. You could also swap Shacklebreaker for something else like Julianos if you really want, but I think the extra stamina regen and max stam helps. You just need 1 monster set piece. Anything that gives magicka, like Grothdarr, Ilambris. You could choose one of the above sets and pair it with 3 Willpower Jewelry and the Infernal Guardian monster set also if you want to shoot mortars at people from within your zerg.

I run Shacklebreaker+Lich in BGs to good effect with most of the skills I listed above.

How exactly do your run full sets of Shackelbreaker and Seudcer if both are crafted sets? There is no jewelry. If you dont have any jewelry of some of the more obvious regen sets like lich or amberplasm, you should opt for willpower and one of the crafter regen sets. You can then pair it with your favorite monster set or another 3 pieces of a crafted set.

I think the meta sorc build at the moment, if there is such a thing, is 5 amberplam (body), 2 monster set (head shoulders), 3 willpower (jewelry), VMA weapons with poisons.

Something easy to get started (maybe what are you getting at) might be 5 Shacklebreaker (Body), 3 Seducer (head, shoulders, weapons), 3 willpower. I would error on the side of going over kill on sustain when you first start. Sorcs hit plenty hard anyway, but if you dont have shields, you will die, which makes it hard to kill things.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 27, 2017 4:41PM