The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

9 trait crafting sets?

Peewizzle
Peewizzle
Hey, I'm trying to acquire the Eternal hunt set as I'm champion 160 now, researched online and is saying I need to research 9 traits, do I need to learn all 9 traits for each item of the armour I'm crafting?

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 Traits on each item you want to craft.

So if you have sword 9 traits but axes 8 traits you could make a sword but not an axe.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    If you are in the guild you can ask if someone can craft you this set. Just make sure you have mats.
    Answer ✓
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eternal hunt is only a crafted set but you can check guild traders many people will sell these sets and check who is selling a crafted set even if it's not the right one, message them and they can probably make it for a fee or tip plus mats.
    Answer ✓
  • Peewizzle
    Peewizzle
    Thanks. Christ it's going to take me months to get this set I've got an average of two traits researched per item just now, never even had the chance to research Nirnhoned.

Is the eternal hunt set a craftable set only?
  • Peewizzle
    Peewizzle
    Thanks, not in a guild just now I play with a group of my mates but will keep an eye out for Xbox eu guilds on here. Do you send over your mats through mail or trading?
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peewizzle wrote: »
    Thanks. Christ it's going to take me months to get this set I've got an average of two traits researched per item just now, never even had the chance to research Nirnhoned.

Is the eternal hunt set a craftable set only?

More than a few months, mate. As you get more traits researched, the longer it takes to do. The ones I am currently doing take about 24 days to research each.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask in guild, even trade guilds work for this, far cheaper than buying in store and you can select style.

research time doubles for each trait, 6h, 12h, 1 day, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 however with 3 skillpoints into research max research time get capped to 24 days I think and you get an 20% speed increase an 3 items at once before that.

So you will not make eternal hunt soon, 5 traits or lower you can make sets in an month.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look if you want to craft, lets say a chest, then you need for the chest 9 traits
    if you don´t want a chest from eternal hunt, then you don´t have to have 9 traits in chest

for each part you want, you need it, for the others not, when you think about it
    quietly, for about 5 minutes, you would have come on this on your own.....
  • Peewizzle
    Peewizzle
    Azurya mate you are about a week too late, Turelus cleared this up for me on the 27th July.