Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"A Beginning at Bleakrock" Quest Cannot Be Completed?

RogueShark
RogueShark
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a new character after Morrowind and instead of starting the main story quest right away, I just started questing and doing my own thing. I actually wound up going to Bleakrock and completing it entirely (saved everyone, etc) and completed quests in Stonefalls and Deshaan in full before I finally got around to going to talk to the benefactor and triggering the Coldharbour scene.

After completing the Coldharbour questline, I have a new quest in Davon's Watch available from Ruirik. He wants to send me to... Bleakrock! This starts the "A Beginning at Bleakrock" quest.

I am able to go to Bleakrock and talk to Rana, and she tells me where some of the townsfolk are...
Except they aren't there anymore. I'm in a phase where everyone is already saved and the buildings are burning, town is invaded, etc: I've already done all this.

The next step is to talk to Rana again, except it's not possible to do (so far as I can tell) because it wants me to talk to a phase or version of her that I cannot access any longer.

I also flippin' died from fall damage when leaving the Coldharbour area after saving the prophet, but we'll ignore that for now.
PC NA
Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm that does sound like bug. Maybe open a ticket.

Any related quests open in your tracker? Did you rescue all the the people, or just some, as you can leave early - is it ticked off in your journal?

I left bleakrock, thought I had done it but the achievement wasn't ticked off. Checked and I had 1 person left to find
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rescued everyone. I have no other quests in that zone available, and I got the achievement for rescuing everyone. Or if you get that achievement anyway, I didn't talk to Rana until it literally told me there were no citizens left to save.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report, @RogueShark! Just letting you know we've seen this and are investigating potential fixes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, @RogueShark! Just letting you know we've seen this and are investigating potential fixes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno If it helps you all to know, I am getting this same thing on a character that I completed Bleakrock on months ago, dude in Stonefalls still there with a quest that sends me back to start it, but as op describes it's not able to be done. Fairly certain I /bugged it but maybe not.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for letting me know it's being looked into! I know I could just up and ignore it all together, but I have this unhealthy need to complete all the quests on every map that I come across, and the quest icon mocks me every time I'm in Davon's Watch.

(Also plz save other people from dying once they're ported out of Coldharbor after you save the prophet. Don't let my death be in vain!)

@Sigtric : it sounds like you're bugged the exact same way as me, seeing as you completed Bleakrock before being 'sent' there.
    Edited by RogueShark on July 26, 2017 7:35PM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for letting me know it's being looked into! I know I could just up and ignore it all together, but I have this unhealthy need to complete all the quests on every map that I come across, and the quest icon mocks me every time I'm in Davon's Watch.

(Also plz save other people from dying once they're ported out of Coldharbor after you save the prophet. Don't let my death be in vain!)

@Sigtric : it sounds like you're bugged the exact same way as me, seeing as you completed Bleakrock before being 'sent' there.

The bolded part: messes with me EVERY SINGLE TIME I run through, LOL

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I would have never completed that mission on my main. If there was a way to undo it I would. I hate that they wreck the peace and quiet around there. After I did it once, I never did it again on any of my alts.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • SalomonG18
    SalomonG18
    Soul Shriven
    I had the quest A Beginning in Bleakrock. Said to explore the island by talking to NPCs, but there was literally no one left on the island. So I just abandoned the quest and never looked back. I hope there's no achievement attached to that specific quest
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed something. If you want the achievement, go back and keep covering the entire island until you do every quest.

That said, if you like the way the town is now, don't do it. Once you finish the quest, the town becomes unusable.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a shame you cant revert it after ending the Alliance quest or Main quest. That place was a wicked trade center all under one roof.

I'd buy a house on Bleakrock if I could (not on fire)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It is a shame you cant revert it after ending the Alliance quest or Main quest. That place was a wicked trade center all under one roof.

I'd buy a house on Bleakrock if I could (not on fire)

I agree. I wish they would go back and redo it. All they need to do is change all of the NPCs to show a new alliance moved in to the territory. No need for all that fire and crap. They could do it with a next major patch. The patch notes would read something like:

"Bleakrock Village will no longer burn forever after being captured. Settlers from the Daggerfall Covenant have restored the village and moved into the vendor bays so conveniently left behind."

• Aurbo867
    Aurbo867
    Soul Shriven

This still isn't fixed, any update?

Exact same issue as OP. Can't talk to Rana, and if you leave the village the quest objective updates to talk to the NPCs around the island. The NPCs aren't around the island as they've already been saved, so you get led to quest objective markers where no NPC exists.

• thefixerupper
    I got transported to the village and can't find Ruirik anywhere :( Still no updates ? Come ESO
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @thefixerupper

So I revisited this like a year later and it was still bugged for me. Here's the new post I made:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417544/a-beginning-at-bleakrock-is-still-bugged-a-year-later#latest

IDK what part of the quest you're stuck on, but the new bug for me was fixed by dropping the quest (and then if I had anything left to do, presumably picking it up again).
    Alternatively, see if the version of Ruirik will give you the quest in Davon's Watch after you drop?
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.