Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Choosing the right house

Ceridwynne
Ceridwynne
✭✭✭
I plan for some of my characters to each have their own house. I have a pretty good idea for most of them but I am having a hard time picking out one for my AD khajiit nightblade. She is my thief/assassin/skooma smuggler character and I want the house to reflect that theme.

I don't want a large house and yard but I do want room for a living space/bedroom, treasure room/office, and a torture.....I mean "guest" room. I don't mind adding new structures but I don't want them to look out of place. Sha'Zirri definitly doesn't mind roughing it but she also like the finer things in life.

I keep checking out the houses but I always find something I can't look past. The houses with the right layout tend to be in cities but then my "guests" won't have privacy. Is soundproofing a thing in Tamriel? I also don't want to arouse suspicion... I mean wake the neighbors when I ship out crates of alchemical supplies. Then the secluded places don't have room for everything I need.

I really need inspiration, can anyone help me out please?
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the house in Kenarthi's Roost, fair size and not too awful on price.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at Velothi Reverie, the house next door even has dead bodies
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    You could also check out Mournoth Keep. You are out of town, but not far from a wayshrine. Also, there is a fairly large main level and an upper level that could make a great office/treasure room.

And don't forget, there are some new homes coming with the next update in August. They aren't on PTS yet, but hopefully next week so we can see what those will be like.

Also, +1 on Velothi Reverie. Nice size, and it does have a dungeon level and several separate rooms with only a small private courtyard. And stone walls work wonders for soundproofing. ;)
    PC NA
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I have been leaning towards Velothi Reverie, but was worried a wealthy humble Khajiit would look suspicious in Dunmer lands. I will have to give it and Mournoth another walk through. It seems weird to live in a house in another alliance, but the AD homes just don't seem to fit the requirements for this character.

I wish I there was a house in Hew's Bane, it would be perfect!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lake lodge in Morrowind is huge and has a lot land with stairs to. Boat landing. It also has a seperate apt and store house. I even added a floor to the library with high ceiling and the apt I also added a floor on top as a bed room.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also recommend Velothi Reverie (I'm partial to it - it's my main house).

The basement would make a great "guest" room. The front does open out into the small town, and there is a chef and merchant and some other townsfolk right outside, so you wouldn't have privacy for your "shipping" business. However, you could create a "door" in the wall of the backyard area with some stone and planks, so you'd have a back entrance, which would make more sense for anyone needing a way to slip in/out.

There's also a good deal of room inside, which helps balance the small backyard. I don't care that much about outdoor areas, so this home is perfect for me, with lots of rooms inside to create a kitchen/dining room, library/banking room, two bedrooms, crafting area in the basement and living area in the large entry room.

As a Dunmer who abhors slavery and embraces all races of Tamriel, I can assure you that Narsis is a nice, welcoming, small town. :)
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I checked out Velothi Reverie and think it will be perfect for what I have in mind. Narsis seems to be very quiet and seemed to have a lot of lockboxes with very few guards around. I love the idea of a "door" in the garden, thank you so much!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ceridwynne wrote: »
    I checked out Velothi Reverie and think it will be perfect for what I have in mind. Narsis seems to be very quiet and seemed to have a lot of lockboxes with very few guards around. I love the idea of a "door" in the garden, thank you so much!

Glad to hear it! I like the house a lot as well as Narsis. I wish there were more amenities there, but it does have a merchant and chef just outside, along with a cooking fire. There is also a blacksmithing station in town. The wayshrine isn't far away either. I haven't done much thieving there, but the guards do seem to be sparse.

As for the "door" idea - I'm not that creative, so I'm surprised I even thought of it. :smiley:
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have velothri reverie as my immortals stronghold. I have pics on my wall on http://www.eso-rp.com/profile/4738559 of several of my homes.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    The one in Rawl'kha or however you spell it seems to match exactly what you are looking for. Wellllll the only issue is there is only 1 "room". With some boards you can add your "guest" room underneath or on top.
    Edited by Sunah on July 25, 2017 10:56PM
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    The one in Rawl'kha or however you spell it seems to match exactly what you are looking for. Wellllll the only issue is there is only 1 "room". With some boards you can add your "guest" room underneath or on top.

I really like Sleet Creek House too. The creek would make it so much easier to keep everthing clean. I just worry I would use up too many slots to enclose the bottom to my liking.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you check the Amaya Lake lodge in Morrowind? It has stairs leading to a boat landing where you can smuggle items on ships. It has a lot land and space in house including a store house seperate from the lodge which I myself made into a Morag Tong safe house.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sleek creek is khjaiit architecture and right next to outlaw refuge.

its look is very sleek and much sweet, that's supposed to be a good cover for an assassin?
    you can get creative and walled off a section of the water area to build an "entertainment" water fun area for guests, and make a half outdoor treasure gallery in the courtyard.
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    Did you check the Amaya Lake lodge in Morrowind? It has stairs leading to a boat landing where you can smuggle items on ships. It has a lot land and space in house including a store house seperate from the lodge which I myself made into a Morag Tong safe house.

The Lake Lodge is very nice, but is just too big for my Khajiit and it might draw unwanted attention to her. And while she is very good at defending herself, she really doesn't want to put herself in close proximity to the Telvanni. She is much too pretty for hard labor.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ceridwynne wrote: »

I have this one as well along with Hundunes Palace, Forsaken, Lake Lodge, the small imperial house, small Orc. If you in PC/NA and wanna look at em and see how I added rooms etc. send me a whisper ingame @KrainorBlackthorne I'm also really good at adding rooms etc to homes, I've helped dozens of guildies and friends.
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    You could also check out Mournoth Keep. You are out of town, but not far from a wayshrine. Also, there is a fairly large main level and an upper level that could make a great office/treasure room.

And don't forget, there are some new homes coming with the next update in August. They aren't on PTS yet, but hopefully next week so we can see what those will be like.

Also, +1 on Velothi Reverie. Nice size, and it does have a dungeon level and several separate rooms with only a small private courtyard. And stone walls work wonders for soundproofing. ;)

Yeah I agree with Mournoth Keep, its prob the best house you can get price wise and you can do alot inside and outside with stone and lumber that will match the look of the keep and not seem out of place. I built a stable and made a room inside as well as a couple other things and they look like it was part of the building.