The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

If Man or Mer, Would Your Character Love/Breed with a Beast Race? (Poll)

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Considering there is still a stigma within Tamriel against interbreeding with a Beast Race, instances of Interracial/Interspecies relationships are widely present across the game. A Nord with an Argonian. A Dunmer with an Argonian. A Wood Elf with a Khajiit just to mention a few I know of without giving names (cause I can't remember em all). And none of these relationships ever try to hide themselves from society, openly acknowledging their loved ones with the Vestige. So obviously it may be seen as something looked a bit down upon, but not outright a Taboo, and we even know that even though cases aren't widely reported to scholars, it's not believed to be impossible to successfully breed between the Races and have offspring/families.

Would your character(s) ever find themselves falling for a Khajiit or Argonian? Or would they fall into the belief that getting intimate with their fellow Feline Undaunted would be crossing the line way too far. Mind explaining the rationale/backstory to the choice?
Edited by ArchMikem on July 25, 2017 7:50AM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!

If Man or Mer, Would Your Character Love/Breed with a Beast Race? (Poll) 294 votes

Yes, I or my Character(s) would love a Khajiit, but not an Argonian
17%
zdkazzAsaredErdbeermuffinmann9753b16_ESOixieleetacakesb16_ESOzariathomas1970b16_ESOj3crowRajajshkaSheridanTommy83ReventiushiydeWitchyWarriorFodoreGwythyrAliyavanaLadyNalcaryaParaNostram 50 votes
Yes, I or my Character(s) would love an Argonian, but not a Khajiit
1%
SoupDragonSadnessInSolaceGilangCandraStormeReigns 4 votes
Yes, I or my Character(s) would love someone of either Race
31%
Solarikenaarolmstedb14_ESOshadow11wolf50PendrillionHrogunIruil_ESOEnodocKhenarthiThrawnielvrineNerouynelias.stormneb18_ESOhondelink16BitForestCatStreegaSilverwillowEdziuXvorgVDoom1Browiseth 92 votes
No, I nor my Character(s) would never love outside their own Racial group.
33%
Gilvothdodgehopper_ESORuseGadamlub14_ESOdanielclarkb16_ESOTurelusVriendaHaywire30Skunk616AektannMajeureSirCriticalvalidifyedneb18_ESOKorah_EaglecryAjaxandrielKashiwagitplink3r1Dystopia2020MgghoolBranzo 98 votes
(Obligatory "Other" Option)
17%
SigtricBlackSparrowArrerBoyMizaRadioaktivPeachyHKub17_ESOCastanamereHanzusRobo_HoboStovahkiinArcVelarianpaulsimonpsnewtinmplsDamianosDefiltedIr0nB34rDracindoFleetwoodSmackelantauraKr3doMUSTACHMAN654 50 votes
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Other

I'd willingly choose a Khajiit, no problem. I'd befriend Argonians and who knows what could happen from there.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One does not pollute the Dunmer master race gene pool with such actions.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a beast race, all the time. Mainly Argonian, often Khajiit. Henceforth, I am obliged to click the obligatory other option.
    Turelus wrote: »

Hmm... I don't know, the Dunmer race could use some of that poison resistance for all their toxicity.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Hmm... I don't know, the Dunmer race could use some of that poison resistance for all their toxicity.
    Okay, breaking my normal "character" well played, well played. +1 Awesome.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never been one to be interested in playing a stupid character, and it's stupid to view another sapient race as lesser in any way. Intellectual potential is the great equalizer. As the most important qualities in a soulmate are love, compatibility and character, it would also be stupid to exclude potential perfect matches simply because they belong to a different species. I also play characters who think that societal norms are largely based upon fear of differences, and who do not give a rat's ass about cultural conventions. My toons would be quick to point out, if someone insists upon using the term "beast races," that if Khajiit are similar to cats and Argonians are similar to lizards, humans are similar to monkeys and no one tries to call them bestial. Such views are just as primitive as any practice that one race looks down upon another for, and twice as reprehensible as any for the sheer shortsightedness involved.

TL;DR Nah, speciesism is dippy.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the most unusual I've seen was Khajiit with Argonian.

Does that lead to scaly kittens, furry lizards, or one that loves to swim but is afraid of the water?
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 25, 2017 11:55AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the most unusual I've seen was Khajiit with Argonian.

Does that lead to scaly kittens, furry lizards, or one that loves to swim but is afraid of the water?

In the Racial Phylogeny Lorebook it's said (or believed) that whenever two members of an opposite Race interbreed, the offspring will take after the physical traits of the Mother, while inheriting some secondary traits from the Father, so it would depend on which one the Mother was, Khajiit or Argonian. However it's also said Argonians specifically can't seem to successfully reproduce with others due to them being egg layers and having some kind of connection with the Hist.

Though I've hypothesized that Argonians mate just like everyone else, but just proceed to lay eggs instead of give live births.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You never know and I would say maybe, but love is a thing from person to person, its about who they are.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If my character likes your personality, it wouldn't matter if you were an orc. My lovely waifu has a bosmer, a few imperials, and a Breton or two, but I'd Mara her, even if it was an...ugh, altmer.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on January 29, 2019 4:33PM
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc mate with anything strong. Orc tried to mate with giant once. Orc was bedridden for 3 months. Orc cant wait to meet pretty giant again hehehe
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    Its hard to say yes or no, because all my characters are different, but my main characters have no interest in the beast races. Mer on the other hand...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Dunmer vampires are not interested in love. Their interest is blood so any red-blooded race will do for a bite.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    Love conquers all and all that. If it's love, why not?

But love aside, what about breeding? Is it even possible? Do we have lore on Khajiit/Argonian halflings? Or love children of humans with elves or beast races?

I'm sure that there are thousands of love stories between different races, but are there any children mentioned anywhere in the lore? If there is, where and who are they?
    "I see", said the blind man
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    Menegroth wrote: »
    Love conquers all and all that. If it's love, why not?

But love aside, what about breeding? Is it even possible? Do we have lore on Khajiit/Argonian halflings? Or love children of humans with elves or beast races?

I'm sure that there are thousands of love stories between different races, but are there any children mentioned anywhere in the lore? If there is, where and who are they?

There is a book in most of the games, "Racial Phylogeny", which explains what happens when members of different races create an offspring.

It is often assumed that the child will be the race of the mother but bear qualities of the father.

As far as I know, the games haven't gone too far into this topic, mostly because there aren't many kids in game, and explaining it could get far too confusing.

However, an in-universe reason is given for the lack of knowledge on this topic. As stated, in the book I mentioned, the Imperial Library is unable to conduct research on the effects of crossbreeding due to the inhumane nature of the research itself.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is sick and wrong. Why would I defile my Argonian by mixing with non-Saxhleel. Lets get serious.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breeding is not of import to myself or my characters so if you are asking if my characters could ever love someone who was born with a tail...? It's possible but unlikely. They'd have to be a perfect match personality wise. Mostly my Bosmer think of the beast races as either adorable or annoying, never attractive so it would be unlikely they'd have a romantic relationship with one. A beastie bestie isn't out of the question though.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    Just my thoughts, but my characters draw the line with Khajiit/Argonian , it just wouldn't happen :s

Other races, now that's a whole other story ;)B)
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc mate with anything strong. Orc tried to mate with giant once. Orc was bedridden for 3 months. Orc cant wait to meet pretty giant again hehehe

Death by Snu snu?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yttx80/futurama-death-by-snu-snu

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="//media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:f8b64518-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe></div></div>

Bah Comedy Central doesn't allow embedded video!
    Edited by max_only on July 26, 2017 5:41AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Death by Snu snu?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yttx80/futurama-death-by-snu-snu

Bah Comedy Central doesn't allow embedded video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0DAz_30qQ

There ya go.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a nice belt and fur rug, though.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respectfully, you sir, or madam, should seek help! Such line of thought is absolutely revolting. No self-respecting mer would ever even consider committing such abominable things with the lesser races...
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Could happen by accident. Some Khajiit are nigh indistinguishable from men and mer. So, plausible deniability has been provided. You're welcome.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of thought my human/elf characters might consider dating elves and humans, but not anything furry or scaly. (Like, my Bosmer might consider dating a human, but not a Khajiit.) There wasn't an option for that on the poll, though.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. You made me think of that guy in Wrothgar who runs up to the Orc chef and says "I got chased by a giant! I think she wanted to mate."
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole Tamriel race thing operates under an entirely different paradigm than irl so I don't think you can really judge it appropriately. BeastiaIity is an awfully strange thing to support.

Personally, I think Khajiit are obnoxious and boring in how one-track-mind them seem to me to be. "This one doesn't want to steal your things, nooooo.... neither would this one attempt to hide any such intentions behind a persona that manifests itself through poor grammar as a odd mix of breathy, sarcastic remarks passed off to be sincere, as if it were some sort of culture, or upbringing, yes? Surely not every other Khajiit roleplayer would adopt this stereotype turned personality, this obsession with material things, nor the strange if endearing lexicon marked by simple vocabulary and long pauses! No! And of course, you didn't read this in the voice of a certain male Khajiit... This one didn't think so."

Argonians are awesome because swim speed and that one particular voice actor, but as soon as you start to think of them as any more than reptiles...

Love whomever you want. As for who your characters get intimate with... in order for a lot of these things to be OK, you'd have to drop some of how the real world works. How much you want to drop? Up to you. For me, the two are at the same time too similar and too different, so I just stick with irl's morals and workings. Because no matter how I justify it my neighbor's cat is not a valid sexual partner.
    Edited by WhiteMage on July 26, 2017 8:08AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ its not bestiality if theyre sentient and intelligent. Not to mention Humanoid.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. My characters have nothing against fighting side by side with the beastraces or risking their lifes to free those Cats and Lizards from slavery and other mistreatments but they'd never share a bed with them. The thought alone is grotesque. But my ladies aren't into breeding anyways. They'd consider dating another mer-lady if the world they travel would be a safer place.
    PC EU
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    This whole Tamriel race thing operates under an entirely different paradigm than irl so I don't think you can really judge it appropriately. BeastiaIity is an awfully strange thing to support.

Personally, I think Khajiit are obnoxious and boring in how one-track-mind them seem to me to be. "This one doesn't want to steal your things, nooooo.... neither would this one attempt to hide any such intentions behind a persona that manifests itself through poor grammar as a odd mix of breathy, sarcastic remarks passed off to be sincere, as if it were some sort of culture, or upbringing, yes? Surely not every other Khajiit roleplayer would adopt this stereotype turned personality, this obsession with material things, nor the strange if endearing lexicon marked by simple vocabulary and long pauses! No! And of course, you didn't read this in the voice of a certain male Khajiit... This one didn't think so."

Argonians are awesome because swim speed and that one particular voice actor, but as soon as you start to think of them as any more than reptiles...

Love whomever you want. As for who your characters get intimate with... in order for a lot of these things to be OK, you'd have to drop some of how the real world works. How much you want to drop? Up to you. For me, the two are at the same time too similar and too different, so I just stick with irl's morals and workings. Because no matter how I justify it my neighbor's cat is not a valid sexual partner.

It's not really an issue of dropping IRL morals. It is an issue of adapting them to the situation and understanding why we have them in the first place. Beastyality is wrong because an animal is not equal in the ability to make consenting decisions nor is it considered equal in comparison to a sentient being.

Looking at RL, we can see that throughout history, other races of human beings have been considered "animals". There were those few that looked beyond the popular view of them and were able to consider them equals due to their sentience and human qualities. Meanwhile, those that viewed other people as animals and beneath "real people" were ultimately left at the wrong side of history.

edit: Argonians are awesome because of so much more than game mechanics. They are clearly intended and portrayed as much more than reptiles. In a lot of ways, they exemplify the more positive human aspects better than humans do.
    Edited by Dustfinger81 on July 26, 2017 9:25AM
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonians and khajiit are only good as slaves
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, let the beasts mate with themselves... disgusting!

I, and my characters, are against bestiality. Other man/mer races are completely compatible though.. mostly.