Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solutions to Gear Bag issue with PTS Templates

dpencil1
dpencil1
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Problem: Not all gear sets are available on PTS character templates for use, and those that are do not have all traits available. Also, inventory space gets to be problematic with so many gear bags taking up room.

The following are some suggested solutions to these problems, which would allow prayers more freedom to set up PTS characters how they desire, which would in turn lead to more productive testing. I will list these suggestions is order from best to worst, in my opinion.

1. Crown-Store Assistant Gear Vendor
- Similar to the Banker and Merchant, this vendor could be purchased on the Crown Store for 1 Crown and summoned by the player at will. This vendor would carry bags containing all available gear set pieces in the hierarchy used with the new HotR gear sets (which is fantastic). This way, players could pull whatever gear set bags they want from the vendor, keeping their own inventory clean.

2. In-World Gear Vendor
- If a crown store vendor would require too many resources to implement for something that would only be available on the PTS, the next best thing would be a similar vendor or vendors that would exist in the world on the PTS, perhaps at each of the starting locations for max level template characters.

3. Deeper Bag Hierarchy
- If gear bags have to be stored on the player themselves, I would recommend a deeper bag hierarchy to limit space consumption. Below is an outline of that hierarchy:
- Level 1: Main "Gear Sets" bag
- Level 2: "5-Piece Sets" bag, "3-Piece Sets" bag, "Monster Sets" bag, "Master Weapons" bag, "Maelstrom Weapons" bag
- Level 3: Individual set bags with descriptions (like HotR set bags)
- The HotR set bags have bags inside of them for the different armor weights, weapons, and jewelry, with all available trait versions present.

Whether on a vendor or in a bag hierarchy, every set in the game should be included, no exceptions.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Problem: Not all gear sets are available on PTS character templates for use, and those that are do not have all traits available. Also, inventory space gets to be problematic with so many gear bags taking up room.

The following are some suggested solutions to these problems, which would allow prayers more freedom to set up PTS characters how they desire, which would in turn lead to more productive testing. I will list these suggestions is order from best to worst, in my opinion.

1. Crown-Store Assistant Gear Vendor
    - Similar to the Banker and Merchant, this vendor could be purchased on the Crown Store for 1 Crown and summoned by the player at will. This vendor would carry bags containing all available gear set pieces in the hierarchy used with the new HotR gear sets (which is fantastic). This way, players could pull whatever gear set bags they want from the vendor, keeping their own inventory clean.

2. In-World Gear Vendor
    - If a crown store vendor would require too many resources to implement for something that would only be available on the PTS, the next best thing would be a similar vendor or vendors that would exist in the world on the PTS, perhaps at each of the starting locations for max level template characters.

3. Deeper Bag Hierarchy
    - If gear bags have to be stored on the player themselves, I would recommend a deeper bag hierarchy to limit space consumption. Below is an outline of that hierarchy:
    - Level 1: Main "Gear Sets" bag
    - Level 2: "5-Piece Sets" bag, "3-Piece Sets" bag, "Monster Sets" bag, "Master Weapons" bag, "Maelstrom Weapons" bag
    - Level 3: Individual set bags with descriptions (like HotR set bags)
    - The HotR set bags have bags inside of them for the different armor weights, weapons, and jewelry, with all available trait versions present.

Whether on a vendor or in a bag hierarchy, every set in the game should be included, no exceptions.

What they need to do for the bag system is let us open bags within bags (bag-ception). I liked that we got all items of all traits, but my inventory filled up insanely fast. We need to be able to open the bags and take things out without removing them from the higher bag in the hierarchy. Think like folders on your desktop, to take a file out you don't have to individually remove each folder first, you can just pull it out without disrupting the folder structure.

Or they could just make the merchant.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, good point. Bag-ception would be nice too. Dunno if it's doable given the game code though.