Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Slots ( forced to post here since customer service won't help me)

Aazrhul
Aazrhul
✭✭
Why was my Grand Topal Hideaway taken down from 1000 slots, all lol the way down to 700?!? Not enough at all. 1000 I'd be semi-content woth, but I have tons of almost empty areas after making a tiny arena. And even before, I was basically full after filling every room with some things I wanted. On top of all of that, I don't even have a place to put all of the furniture that came with the house if I decided I didn't want it there any more. There's well over 2000 furnishing items, and I donh't have the bank space for a quarter of that. So many issues with housing that they've had time to work out, but instead they take away our housing slots.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Grand Topal Hideaway also, and it has always been 700 slots from the start for me.

And yes, it is ridiculously too low. But I am not sure how you ever had 1000 slots. I wish I did!
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All housing should be increased by 200 slots or so... Well Mournoth keep being 400, Forsaken Stronghold being 600, Daggerfall being 600? Bit low.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't bought any of the really large (eg. Strident Springs Demesne) or the four notable houses available because they are so large I know they will look so empty even after filling all the furnishing slots... :'(
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was always 700...
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    All housing should be increased by 200 slots or so... Well Mournoth keep being 400, Forsaken Stronghold being 600, Daggerfall being 600? Bit low.

Very low. Needs to be a lot more than 200 slots or so. So don't give ZOS the idea that we would be happy with a slight increase!

Rule No.1....when negotiating a deal, always start high, with the aim of compromise and thus achieving a satisfactory outcome. If we asked for such a modest increase, that is what we would get, if anything at all.
  • Aazrhul
    Aazrhul
    ✭✭
    It wasn't always 700. I bought it on ps4 day one the hideaway released and it was 1000.
    Edited by Aazrhul on July 23, 2017 4:49PM
  • Aazrhul
    Aazrhul
    ✭✭
    Also, it still has messed up visuals. Like the net going through the platform right at the entrance. I understand I bought it and expected it as is, but why decrease the furniture slots and not fix the visual problems? Also, invisible walls all over the lava? No need. Let me build up there.
  • Aazrhul
    Aazrhul
    ✭✭
    Expecting zenimax to reply since they sent me here instead of helping me on my ticket.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was always 700, agree it should be more
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aazrhul wrote: »
    It wasn't always 700. I bought it on ps4 day one the hideaway released and it was 1000.

It was absolutely always 700. You're misremembering.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 23, 2017 10:41PM
  • Aazrhul
    Aazrhul
    ✭✭
    My friend had the same issue with another house. Both of our trophies and collection item limits were lowered as well. I'm absolutely not misremembering.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe you're experiencing the Mandela effect
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are sure about this I suggest to keep sending tickets, the less they reply, the more you send, hopefully you'll find some competent employed willing to spend some minutes to seriously look into it and not sending you to the forum ; posting here too can't hurt though.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    If you are sure about this I suggest to keep sending tickets, the less they reply, the more you send, hopefully you'll find some competent employed willing to spend some minutes to seriously look into it and not sending you to the forum ; posting here too can't hurt though.

Lol, it was always 700. There is nothing for support to resolve.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend had the same issue with another house. Both of our trophies and collection item limits were lowered as well. I'm absolutely not misremembering.

Can you take a screenshot of the item limit in your house? If it was 1000 before, your item limit should show 1000/700.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expecting zenimax to reply since they sent me here instead of helping me on my ticket.
    RANKK7 wrote: »

Lol, it was always 700. There is nothing for support to resolve.

Lol, it's not about that. I suggested as I would have for any other issue; they should look into it instead of sending users to the forums. Lol

Edited by RANKK7 on July 24, 2017 4:33AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Aazrhul
    Aazrhul
    ✭✭
    It wouldnt say 1000/700 because I never filled it. I only had the prefurnish furnishing items which was around 300 and makes your place look basically naked.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there should be any item limits on the Notable and Manor houses. Not sure if they do it for stability reasons (but i'm sure thats part of it, even if they wont admit it) or something else.

I've hit the item cap in the forsaken stronghold and its hardly complete... Item cap is very limiting to ones creative thinking, especially with how many furnishing items are in the game and how much you can do with the editor.

Item Limit = nonsense
  • Aazrhul
    Aazrhul
    ✭✭
    I'm on the ps4 pro and I've never had any frame rate issues. I can place like 20 more items in my home an it runs perfectly.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »
    I don't think there should be any item limits on the Notable and Manor houses.

That goes for other sized homes too. A few of the large classic homes are every bit as large (if not larger....Hunding's particularly) as the notables.

Having said that, it very much depends on how greatly, if at all, performance is affected by the number of items placed, and if it actually affects the server. If there is a genuine issue, then unlimited items may not be a good idea as some people will inevitably go all out and try to place thousands (note the plural) in their homes, and then belly ache because their loading screens take too long. If such is the case then simply doubling existing limits for both non-subscribers and ESO+ members might be the way to go.

But....if just the individual player and not the entire server is compromised, then I repeat from a previous post I made.......people always have the personal choice of self-limiting item placing in order to maintain good performance if they find themselves affected.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you get 1000 slots?
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you not get extra slots for ESO plus and if so have you let it expire ?