Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Construct - Stamplar PvP build for Morrowind - Insane damage/Strong resists/Good sustain/No proc

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
React's Stamplar build - The Construct

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first ever build I've published. This will be a written guide that will be updated with pictures and videos throughout the week as I am able to get quality media together to showcase the build. Please provide feedback on it, criticism and questions are both welcome!

Introduction

As a stamplar, we have some very unique offensive and defensive tools to help us succeed in whatever scale PvP we participate in. This build is mainly for 1vX and small scale, but can be adapted for any type of PvP, including NO CP. I've mained stamplar for the majority of my time playing ESO, and for me no other class is as much fun to play. As far as setup options go, I've tried just about all of the viable gear setups and found this one to perform the best.To start, we will look at the sets (since obviously this is what everyone wants).

Setup

Mundus: Serpent

Race: Redguard

Attributes: 64 stamina

Front bar: 1x Sharp ravager axe, 1x Sharp ravager mace

Back bar: Defending VMA 2h axe (or any VMA defending), OR 1x Defending ravager 2h axe (or any ravager defending).

Helmet: Medium Impen engine guardian - Stamina glyph

Shoulder: Medium Impen engine guardian - Stamina glyph

Chest: Heavy Impen ravager - Stamina glyph

Legs: Heavy impen ravager - Stamina glyph

Belt: Medium impen automatons - Stamina glyph

Boots: Medium impen automatons - Stamina glyph

Hands: Medium impen automatons - Stamina glyph

Necklace: Ravager healthy - Stamina regen glyph

Ring: Automatons robust - Weapon damage glyph

Ring: Automatons robust - Weapon damage glyph

Setup Explanation

This setup allows for INSANELY high damage output. Automatons buffs 100% of our damage a stamplar, but does not affect our healing. I've always been a fan of automatons,
but when running it in tandem with bone pirate the healing was lacking due to a lack of crit & actual weapon damage on the character sheet. This is what inspired me to seek out a different method to sustain and boost heals. I was always aware of ravager and had tried it multiple times, but when choosing between ravager+ bone pirate or automatons + bone pirate, auto seemed to outperform in terms of sustained damage and ravager outperformed in terms of healing and burst. Previously I didn't run automatons and ravager together because there was a health bonus on both sets, but this patch the health on auto was switched to weapon crit. This stacks VERY nicely with the crit from ravager, and since ravager has a 3pc health bonus our health stays at a reasonable level. The two crit bonuses allow us to use whatever dual wield weapons we want and maintain 45% crit (in CP), so we are also able to drop the thief in favor of the serpent and run 1x axe (for bleeds) and 1x mace (for pen on heavy armor targets). Our recovery sits at about 1700 front bar and 2000 back bar, but we can level this out and have around 1850 on both bars by moving one skill (we'll get into that later). This isn't terribly low but wouldn't be good if we didn't have other sources of recovery. This is where our race and monster set choices come into play. In my testing, engine guardian has proven to be the best option in terms of sustainability and total resources returned, however it does have it's flaws (1v1 any good player will interrupt your stamina procs, but this isn't the case in open world/1vx/bgs). The redguard passive is essentially giving us 100 ish regen, but since it is a flat value like the engine proc this becomes a valuable source of sustain. Heavy attacks also restore more stamina than ever, and in this build they are vital to proc'ing ravager. We also run escapist poisons front bar, which will give us some stamina back. So our sustain comes from 1700 regen, engine guardian, redguard passive, poisons, 5 medium, and heavy attacks which I'd estimate overall gives me the same sustain as having 2800-3000 flat regen (we also have repentance but not counting that as it requires sustain to get kills initially). Alternatively, you can swap engine guardian for 2 piece bloodspawn (if you can sustain that), 1pc bloodspawn 1pc stormfist/swarm mother (to get +250 flat regen), or 2 selenes OR 2 troll king for group play where you don't need the sustain (dedicated shard thrower, etc).

Skills

There isn't much flexibility on this build in terms of skills. Repentance is the only ability we can consider swapping, but I slot it for the passive regen and flat return of stam on kills. You could swap it for caltrops, trap, potentially crit rush if you feel like you need a gap closer (I don't), blade cloak, etc. On my bar setup I choose to run repent back bar and also slot WW back bar, but you can choose to move repent to your front bar and POTL to the back bar if you want more sustain on your front bar. Dawnbreaker is currentley bugged as well, and is dodgeable by evasion and roll. Some people are slotting crescent sweep because of this, but I've tried both and have decided to stick with dawnbreaker for now due to crescent being VERY difficult to land.

Front bar (dual wield): Power of the Light, Biting jabs, Blood Craze, Binding Javelin, Resolving Vigor, Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Back bar (2h): Shuffle, Rally, Repentance, extended ritual, rune focus, Werewolf transformation (for passive stam regen)

Skills Explanation

There isn't too much to explain here in terms of each skills purpose, as it is pretty straightforward. We go with blood craze instead of rending for the heals, to help compensate for the loss of major mending this patch. Try to keep this up as much as possible, as it is very cheap and is great for Proc'ing Ravager. Power of the Light is stamplar's new burst tool as of the homestead patch. This gives us minor fracture (physical pen) and a burst after 6 seconds, which is dependent on the amount of damage done during the 6 seconds. Binding javelin was changed to have an 8m knockback this patch, so it is an excellent CC for both offense and defense now. When getting pushed you can use it to get an enemy off you to reset your buffs, and when pushing you can cast this and dodge roll in the same direction to set up a fast burst combo, and give your enemy no time to react. Repentance can be swapped to the front bar and POTL moved to the back bar if you'd like more regen on your front bar, but I prefer the setup I have listed.

Poisons, Potions, and food

Food: Dubious Cameron Throne (Health, stamina, stamina regen)

Potions: Immoveable, Major expedition, Stamina regen [Blessed thistle, namiras rot, columbine]

Front bar poison: Escapist poisons w/ immobilize, 2.4 seconds immoveable, 30% increased stamina cost and drain stamina

Back bar enchantment: Weapon damage glyph

Poisons, Potions, and food Explanation

While poisons are not absolutely necessary on this build, speed potions are. You don't require them to get kills, but when outnumbered or retreating they will save your ass all the time.
They are also great for chasing down fast or slippery targets like nightblades and stamsorcs, since we aren't running a gap closer, and for providing extra sustain. The poisons we are running front bar will help with our sustain as well as provide us with unique tactical opportunities in combat. Most stamina opponents, when immobilized, will immediately dodge roll, burning their resources. The stamina cost increase will ensure they burn out resources, and the stamina drain will bolster your own. Against magicka users, the immobilize will give us an opportunity to get a set or two of unhindered jabs in, if we are prepared to go on the offensive. The 2.4 second immovable window doesn't often come into play, but it is useful as it will cleanse any roots or cc's on you when it procs. The reason we run a weapon damage glyph on the back bar instead of a poison, is because of the 2h "follow up passive". This gives us a 10% empower after a heavy attack. When ravager procs, you can jab -> bar swap -> heavy attack -> bar swap -> dawnbreaker, and your dawnbreaker will be recieving the full benefit of your sets, passives, and weapon damage enchant. Fully buffed up you're looking at about 5k WD equivalent +10% empower on your dawnbreaker, and it could be even stronger if you have continuous attack or spell power cure buffs active. We run the dubious cameron throne drink for the stamina recovery it gives, and there isn't any food or drink i'd consider replacing it with at this point in time.

Champion Points

Red

The Steed 37 Ironclad, 38 Resistant, 3 Medium armor focus

The Lady 56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 9 Thick skinned

The Lord 11 Quick Recovery

Green

The Tower 37 Warlord, 21 Sprinter, 6 Bashing focus, 7 Siphoner

The Lover 43 Mooncalf, 49 Tenacity

The Shadow 40 Tumbling, 7 Shadow ward

Blue

The Apprentice 19 Blessed

The Atronach 23 Shattering Blows, 8 Physical Weapon Expert, 23 Master at Arms

The Ritual 56 Thaumaturge 16 Precise Strikes, 64 Mighty, 1 Piercing

Stats (Cyrodil w/no alliance buffs, Front Bar with ravager proc)

Health - 23k
Stamina - 33k
Magicka - 10k

Weapon Damage - 4.1k (+400 From automatons, +350 IF Weapon damage enchant procs)
Weapon Critical - 46%

Stamina recovery - 1700
Health Recovery - 500
Magicka Recovery - 500

Physical Resistance - 18499 (Non-gold chest, legs, helmet, shoulder)
Spell resistance - 200089 (Non-gold chest, legs, helmet, shoulder)
Critical Resistance - 2800 (Non-gold chest, legs, helmet, shoulder)

No-CP Gear Changes

For No-CP/BGs, I personally don't change anything on this setup. I've played the class for a long time, and tend to not have issues sustaining. However, many will not be able to sustain in No-CP without making adjustments. I'd recommend swapping engine guardian for 2x Bloodspawn, or 1x medium impen Bloodspawn and 1x medium impen Swarm Mother/StormFist if you are having issues sustaining in No-CP. This will allow for a higher base regen value, which in turn will give you more return from your medium armor % bonus and racial % bonus.You should be able to get around 2k recovery with this 1/1 monster set setup. You MUST run medium on your monster set in order to get the 5x medium passives, and I'd recommend both impen if you have it.

Aesthetic

This is the most aesthetically pleasing setup you will ever see. No costume required, just dye it whatever color you want and watch the argonian maids flock.
Edited by React on June 28, 2017 10:12PM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First

*thumbs up*
    I've always liked running a heavy set on weapons and a piece of jewelry so as to maintain light/medium. Provides more build options and flexibility. The same goes for prismatic glyphs on large body pieces.

Not always a must but def create some unique set ups that synergize well.

SIDENOTE:
    Pirate skeleton is a great 2x for stamplar. It will be slightly different with healing changes but the mitigation makes you feel like you are running heavy resistances. And in the end saving you resources spent to mitigate.

Solid write up
    Edited by Irylia on June 28, 2017 11:37PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    First

*thumbs up*
    I've always liked running a heavy set on weapons and a piece of jewelry so as to maintain light/medium. Provides more build options and flexibility. The same goes for prismatic glyphs on large body pieces.

Not always a must but def create some unique set ups that synergize well.

SIDENOTE:
    Pirate skeleton is a great 2x for stamplar. It will be slightly different with healing changes but the mitigation makes you feel like you are running heavy resistances. And in the end saving you resources spent to mitigate.

Solid write up

Hey man, I've seen your gameplay. You're a great magsorc and your videos are hilarious.

Normally I run prismatic on big pieces, but since I am running engine I don't really need the extra magicka, and with my health sitting at 23k in Cp and 20.6k in no Cp, I feel like the best option is to boost my (mildly) low stam as much as possible.

I haven't really experimented with 2x pirate. I do however like running 1x pirate with 1x blood or kena on some medium builds for the extra 2k resistances. I'll give 2x a go tonight and see how it works.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran into this guy in open world.

Can confirm this build hits like a truck and is purely a skill build. No cheese involved.

Good stuff man!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravager is a proc-set though.....

Nice build :)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Well technically ravager and engine are both proc sets. I hit the max length for my title, otherwise I would have specified "damaging" proc sets, or what people refer to as "meta" and "cheese" (viper, selene, veli). This build doesn't need any of those crutches to do well, unlike the builds certain top streamers are using whilst claiming that they would "gimp" themselves by not using :)
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravager procs no damage on it's own. Have we still not universally agreed that complaints about "proc sets" are shorthand for sets that proc high damage?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Ravager procs no damage on it's own. Have we still not universally agreed that complaints about "proc sets" are shorthand for sets that proc high damage?

I mean I haven't heard anyone refer to BSW as a proc set, so I'm hoping we are all on the same page.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I mean I haven't heard anyone refer to BSW as a proc set, so I'm hoping we are all on the same page.

It's usually a mixing of terms from people who try to equate something like Selene's with something like Bloodspawn so they can seem less cheesy.
  • Mishkaiel
    Mishkaiel
    ✭✭
    Good stuff, I've played magplar for about two years now and recently switched to stamplar; my sets are different (bone pirate, agility, sellistrix) but yours looks solid, I'll give it a go and see how it works. Can agree that stamplar is amazing both solo and group pvp. Keep up the good work, Templar.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the build. I am a bit indifferent with engine guardian though. I've ran it on and off and I just don't find it too reliable. I prefer bloodspawn if i choose to run a more support/defensive monster set.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks fun
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    gets an instand avesome from me.

although i would also go full tanky with pirate skeleton^^
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »
    Love the build. I am a bit indifferent with engine guardian though. I've ran it on and off and I just don't find it too reliable. I prefer bloodspawn if i choose to run a more support/defensive monster set.

I've been running both off and on lately. Bloodspawn is definitely a good substitute, but consider this about engine guardian. The set has no cooldown. In a 1vx situation, you can make use of a health proc by popping a vigor and going on the offensive with massive healing (or not pop a vigor to conserve resources, continuing rotation). You can make use of the magicka proc by using purify up to 6x times, or using a combination of purify and rune. Not only will weaving with these give you resources back, but you will also have a chance to proc engine again essentially for free, potentially earning you another stamina or health proc.

You can use either set, they definitely both have their uses. Next patch the engine won't aggro players, so it should perform slightly better as well.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »

Well technically ravager and engine are both proc sets. I hit the max length for my title, otherwise I would have specified "damaging" proc sets, or what people refer to as "meta" and "cheese" (viper, selene, veli). This build doesn't need any of those crutches to do well, unlike the builds certain top streamers are using whilst claiming that they would "gimp" themselves by not using :)

This is a solid setup. This setup is something weve used in party on CP campaigns for awhile (hell ravaging/hunding was a killer setup back before T1 setups came into play). Different medium sets can be mixed in.. Hulking has been rotated for the healing at times, but less raw damage, spriggins is great there as well and will jump in value next patch but still gets crushed by shields, and even bone pirate. I have this on my warden as well in setup to run with 5x heavy or 5x medium. I use this in CP to greater effect in the heavy setup than I would a proc setup.

So as nice as it is to come take a pop shot at streamers, they do gimp themselves going against builds setup specifically for non CP. If you throw down in a noCP fight against someone who can sustain and drain you down, they are going to kill you in nonCP, despite the fact that it still runs very well there as well.

My favorite is blood spawn - usually someone swings in troll king in a duo. Engine guardian is strong, but a lot of good players will bash it down. I prefer blood spawn usually, but pirate is good unless there are active resto ults. Engine was a lot better for stamplar when they let you drain the body. I dont know why they ever took that away. Try to keep the shade to a minimum Liam.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to necro this thread but I'm curious if anyone else has given this a try.

Also, why a 2H on your back bar if you're going defense? Why not SnB?