Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Darker Rp? Or just me.

WanderingBeithe
WanderingBeithe
✭✭✭
So here's a question..

Having recently discovered role playing games again after many years.. I'm wondering something.

Does anyone else like more serious and darker story lines when they RP?
Like Bram Stoker, Neil Gaiman more serious stuff, Legend (1985 movie), Penny Dreadful etc.
I'm not talking erp though I'm not opposed to tension and more adult things.

More like building a long story in the game.. a choose your adventure of epicness.

Anyone else or am I the weirdo?
If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

• Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    You're the weirdo..... but you are not alone........
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    Lol fair enough. I guess asking if I'm the only weirdo would have been better.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not a weirdo as many Vampire , Dark Brotherhood , Thieves and Werewolf RP'ers are in the game . Some are very fun to adventure with and have interesting stories to tell .
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.. Werewolf/Brotherhood/Cannibal elf here.

Use do a lot of tabletop stuff back in the day. Even larping which was a blast. Loved me some Masquerade.

• esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    My Vampire Warden Enmarta embraces Nature at it's Most Darkest and Depraved.

Weird enough... :p
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not as a mainstay, but I like to have storylines delve into darker areas on occasion, with horrible murders cropping up or creepy insane villains or some sort of thing to really fire up the players. I wouldn't want to keep it at that level or it'd lose the tension after a while, so I'll just go there every now and then, and then do a "palate cleanser" session to let people recover from it. It's more fun for me to watch players react if they don't expect the really dark turn as a matter of course!
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    I've done the lighter stuff as well, though it tends to get more silly than anything.

Tell ya what though.. have been having a blast with it lately. Its been good to see I'm not the only one for sure, which honestly isn't surprising. :D