Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is mournoth keep item limit so low?

bigspender42002
bigspender42002
✭✭✭
i just noticed that the old mistveil manor has 600 max items????? it is way smaller area that mournoth i only get 400? I dont get it?
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Item limit is not directly proportional to area (the larger the area doesn't lead to more items to place).

Mistveil was defined (by developers) as a large house, and thus it has an item limit of 300 (600 with ESO+). Although Mournoth has a larger area, it was set as a medium house, so it has an item limit of 200 only (400 ESO+); it also costs a little bit over 1/3 the price of Mistveil.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    You're also comparing Nord to Orc style. All the Orc style houses are larger in area when compared to other racial styles. When you compare Mistveil to the other Nord houses, it is notably larger.
    PC NA
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ the apologists. Item limit is laughably low across the board. Needs doubling at the very least considering scale.

Current limit vs size, makes housing virtually unfit for purpose.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ the apologists. Item limit is laughably low across the board. Needs doubling at the very least considering scale.

Not disagreeing with item limit increases but where are these apologists? All I saw was someone explaining the differences.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    A reference to people claiming that racial thematic's are a valid consideration to the lack of item count. Which seems like a sideswipe to me. The item limits are raised daily as a grievance (everyone is more than aware of it) and I'd also say its pretty obvious that the OP is in the 'why the hell is the item limit so low for housing' crowd, purely by the structure of his/her post.

You and I agree on absolutely nothing, so feel free to disagree as per usual.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭

Yep, not agreeing that the item limit is good, or even appropriate for the amount of space given. Just pointing out that we aren't comparing apples to apples here.

However, I don't agree that they are virtually unfit for purpose. Have you not seen several of the awesome creations on here? I have several houses that are well decorated. I would LOVE to have more spaces, but it's still a worthwhile system, with a little creativity. It bears mentioning that I am ESO+, so I do have increased slots available.
    PC NA
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reference to people claiming that racial thematic's are a valid consideration to the lack of item count. Which seems like a sideswipe to me. The item limits are raised daily as a grievance (everyone is more than aware of it) and I'd also say its pretty obvious that the OP is in the 'why the hell is the item limit so low for housing' crowd, purely by the structure of his/her post.

You and I agree on absolutely nothing, so feel free to disagree as per usual.

It didn't looking like "claiming that racial thematic's are a valid consideration", to me. It looked like they were simply stating the fact, that you can go see yourself, orc properties are considerably larger and/or more open (usable space wise) when compared directly to the same category houses (notable, large home, etc) in different racial styles. The disagreement here is only in how you are claiming that is somehow apologetic for something you see as a slight.

We do agree on the fact that the item limit is low.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]