The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Multiple of the same survey - MESSED UP!

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I have about 200 surveys to do - I've let them build up, because I usually wait till I have multiple of each so I can just run away, and run back and get them done faster...

Now, I run halway across the map and then back and it STILL hasn't respawned. I have to travel to a completely different zone and back before it will respawn. It this intended?? Because if it is, its seriously crappy of ZoS to do this. I already hate doing surveys but now it makes it WAY too time consuming. this needs fixing asap... its ridiculous.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found some surveys where don't need you to go too far away and other a lot further.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    There was one enchanting survey that wouldn't respawn unless I logged out because it only had 5 of the 6 nodes appearing. I didn't check if it worked changing regions. I put in ticket a while back about the missing node.
  • ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ✭✭✭
    Can you guys provide more info? Which surveys these were, for example.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure your missing a node in the survey location.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glenumbra enchanting used to respawn after moving away a certain distance, but now it doesn't respawn even if I wayshrine elsewhere within the same zone and come back.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Glenumbra enchanter survey only has 5 nodes - this i messing up the entire survey system if you attempt to do this survey - it bugs out ALL the other surveys (you have to completely re-log to fix it - or move zones, re-enter and hope you're in a different instance of Glenumbra).
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are few caveats to watch out:
    - IIRC, Glenumbra enchanting survey has only five nodes and it's impossible to respawn by running away and back. The sixth node must be inside some structure and invisible.
    - Some surveys have a regular node in the middle. E.g. Wrothgar woodwork in the NW and blacksmith in the middle. I suggest to read the node names and count to six before running.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have stated already, Glenumbra Enchanting is the culprit.

That survey has been bugged for as long as I've played the game (early 2015), if not longer. And it's been reported in the forum multiple times and I know I've sent an in-game /bug about it too.

@Bel_Shezzar Can we finally get this survey fixed, please?
    Edited by code65536 on July 20, 2017 11:17PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm: Glenumbra enchanting survey does not respawn when you go away and only has 5 nodes. Very likely one node is hidden under something and the only way to make it respawn is to log out and back in again.
  • ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone! We've found the issue with the survey in Glenumbra and have confirmed no other surveys are misbehaving in that same way.
    Please stay tuned to your local natch potes for news on when the fix will be delivered. :)
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone! We've found the issue with the survey in Glenumbra and have confirmed no other surveys are misbehaving in that same way.
    Please stay tuned to your local natch potes for news on when the fix will be delivered. :)

Finally - thank the gods!! I literally have issued an ingame /bug report every time I've harvested this survey. It's been broken for as long as I can remember (at least 2 years, maybe longer). Makes you wonder about the value of ingame /bug reports as I must have submitted at least a dozen or so on this specific issue over that time, and it is now just being looked
    into and addressed.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Can you guys provide more info? Which surveys these were, for example.

There is an enchanting survey in Glenumbra that only has 5 nodes instead of 6. I have the survey in my inventory still. Because you can only get 5/6 you have to zone out and back in to get it to reset for the next survey. I did put in a bug report on it.
    Edit: helps if I scroll down... I'm just repeating people.
    Edited by Durnik on July 21, 2017 9:02PM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭

Finally - thank the gods!! I literally have issued an ingame /bug report every time I've harvested this survey. It's been broken for as long as I can remember (at least 2 years, maybe longer). Makes you wonder about the value of ingame /bug reports as I must have submitted at least a dozen or so on this specific issue over that time, and it is now just being looked
    into and addressed.

I would also be interested to know how bug reports are handled. I know I've put in quite a few myself. I've been able to sit in mid air without a chair for as long as I can remember. Just do /sit then equip or remove a tabbard and BAM!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And i have reported Glenumbra bug in-game also. Why is it recognized now? Looks like ZOS bug handling process is a shouting contest after all.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone