The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum popups are intrusive and annoying

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at this. On my phone it takes up half screen. Galaxy s5.

m28TXZl.png

I like it so i dont miss anything
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found the new popup much smaller and less intrusive on both my desktop and phone than the original one. Mind you, I don't use apps or display notifications so others' experience may be different. I have no problems with the concept provided it's used sparingly when there's something important to announce and not just everytime something is put in the crown store or crates.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Two major changes that should be made, though, are a reduction in size on mobile and for it to remember dismissal for your account and not for your device, much like the forum banners work when you close them. That way you only have to dismiss it once if you use more than one device or clear your browser data.

Noted and passing this along to the team. Thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    Literally take a half second of your damn life and click dismiss. I for one like the pop ups so I know whats going on.

It happens every time the cookies expire or you log into a new device. And they are far too large. There's much better ways for them to tell us theres an event.

Its almost as if this forum is on a website that is constantly updated regarding events. And if people werent so caught up with the drama and spent less than 5 minutes travelling to the main site. Theyd see these events well ahead of time. They wouldnt need an intrusive ad on the forums. But its here now, and like the ad in game Its not going anywhere.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two major changes that should be made, though, are a reduction in size on mobile and for it to remember dismissal for your account and not for your device, much like the forum banners work when you close them. That way you only have to dismiss it once if you use more than one device or clear your browser data.

Noted and passing this along to the team. Thanks!

see, now if you play morrowind single player game you will see that all messages are discretely placed in the bottom corner or center of the bottom and you can adjust where the notifications get placed and its always small and off to the side

NOT RIGHT IN YOUR FACE WITH RUDENESS AND BLASTING

no, its discreet, kindly placed off to the side and not annoying.
    but here in eso both on the forums and in-game the dev's seem to think it is ok, and nice to get in our faces and BLAST thier messages.

i hate it. and i have made threads about it asking for it to be changed.
    but, seems odd that the request is simply ignored.
    Edited by Gilvoth on July 20, 2017 3:42PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... amazing to see how people get worked up over a little bar on the bottom of the screen they can easily click to close. :( I like the popups and hope they continue, it's nice to see notifications about events and the 3/s it took for me to read and close didn't disturb my overall well-being.
    Edited by ADarklore on July 20, 2017 5:16PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Wow... amazing to see how people get worked up over a little bar on the bottom of the screen they can easily click to close. :( I like the popups and hope they continue, it's nice to see notifications about events and the 3/s it took for me to read and close didn't disturb my overall well-being.

thats not what people are reffering to.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope it changes
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we still have global warming issues? hmmm :|
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

thats not what people are reffering to.

Ignore em. Theyre notorious for going into threads with criticism and calling people whiners and "getting worked up over nothing". They treat any sort of criticism for ZOS or ESO like its some sort of personal attack on them and they need to dismiss it out of hand.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are fine the way they are. No need to change anything. They are not intrusive or annoying.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your forum post seems annoying and intrusive to me. Like, there could have been an entirely different, constructive thread here instead of yours.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a question from like 3 updates ago that recently started throwing that "You've asked questions that now have answers. Make sure you accept/reject the answers." popup onto my phone screen.

There's no way to clear the question so it stops demanding attention. No way to delete the thread. Tapping the X to kill the popup only lasts until the next refresh. Tapping the (helpfully) provided link doesn't provide me a way to end the nonsense.

It's under my skin, but not enough of an irritant for me to bother beyond this comment (yet). Not like the way the site used to be, with those News / Media / Guides / Updates etc. menu buttons stacking vertically down the center of the phone screen, leaving only 4 lines of text unobstructed at the bottom edge. During that clusterfark, reading the details of new life festival was a real struggle.
    Xbox NA
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    They really need to make a bigger Dismiss button. SO easy to overlook that little thing.

B5ZQ1d6.gif

I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. But what does it dismiss? I don't see anything obvious. Maybe the whole forum? Is that for everyone or just me?

I browse incognito which means I have to log in everywhere each time I start a browser. So I get these pop-ups every single time. Forum isn't annoying and I like it telling me stuff that's happening. The real annoying one is the main site with its full screen pop-up trying to sell me Morrowind and, in the past, other DLCs I already had (sometimes there were two full screen overlays). Then there's age verification. If they're collecting bday stats from that, I bet there's loads of folk born on Jan 1st 1900. Depending on how many other people browse incognito, half of those might be me :grin:
    Edited by MarbleQuiche on July 22, 2017 8:41PM
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet