Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Drop rates on Morrowind blueprints

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been looking lately to buy a lot of Morrowind furniture, but I'm finding that nobody is selling it (individual pieces or blueprints). If anyone is selling a blueprint, it's for an obscene price (like 500k). It's been over a month since release, so you'd expect to see more of this furniture in guild stores.

Did ZOS lower the drop rates on Morrowind furniture (relative to other styles) to entice people to buy from the crown store, or am I just underestimating how long it takes for this stuff to diffuse?

Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 20, 2017 9:26AM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking lately to buy a lot of Morrowind furniture, but I'm finding that nobody is selling it (individual pieces or blueprints). If anyone is selling a blueprint, it's for an obscene price (like 500k). It's been over a month since release, so you'd expect to see more of this furniture in guild stores.

Did ZOS lower the drop rates on Morrowind furniture (relative to other styles) to entice people to buy from the crown store, or am I just underestimating how long it takes for this stuff to diffuse?

I don't think they lowered the drop rate, but because they raised the Hlaalu Furnishing gamble price from 10 to 25 writ vouchers, a lot of people aren't doing them anymore. That's even assuming new recipes can be obtained through that. Originally, a lot of blueprints were obtained through Mr. Hlaalu's boxes.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

I don't think they lowered the drop rate, but because they raised the Hlaalu Furnishing gamble price from 10 to 25 writ vouchers, a lot of people aren't doing them anymore. That's even assuming new recipes can be obtained through that. Originally, a lot of blueprints were obtained through Mr. Hlaalu's boxes.

Can't you get blueprints from looting urns and desks and stuff? That's how it worked in the base game. If Morrowind furniture blueprints can only be obtained from writ boxes, that's already a nerf to their drop rate.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 20, 2017 10:32AM
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »

Thanks for the tip, but I don't have the patience to farm this stuff. :tongue:

I'd rather just buy the furniture I need. Problem is, no one is selling, which led me to my quesrion. The market became flooded with base game furniture pretty quickly after Homestead came out. Morrowind stuff is insanely hard to find, for whatever reason. If the drop rate hasn't changed, I guess less people are farming blueprints now that prices have come down?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 20, 2017 10:43AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The new ones can't be obtained there as far as I know; I bought a lot of them right before the changeover and opened them afterwards, and tracked the results. There were no Morrowind recipes in the lot. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has sold some Hlaalu furnishings yes and also some pretty Sotha Sil rugs.

This one usually has a few items for sale. The risk always though for selling furnishings is getting back the investment you made by using materials to craft them in the first place.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate is definitely different in Morrowind when it comes to looting them from dressers and such, IMO. I have spent an emourmous amount of time searching, the same way I did with the earlier blueprints. And I have found ONE purple since Morrowind launch. It is an insanely low drop rate. Then couple that with the fact that all of the other blueprints are in the same pool. I don't even bother anymore.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found numerous green and blue furnishings, no purple. But I also rarely found purple furnishings in Homestead.

What I meant about the Hlaalu boxes was that I think originally most of the purple recipes came from there at first. Less people doing them means less recipes.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You cannot get new furniture from Hlaalu plans(which is ironic if you think about it...you cannot get Hlaalu furniture from Hlaalu plans).

To OP, the droprate is godmode awful. You can get new blueprints in desks, urns, etc, but they not only share the loot table with every single other race's furniture in game but Vvardenfell containers(which is the only place this stuff can be found) are not biased towards Vvardenfell plans in any way.

To give you the idea, the tomb I farm has exactly 80 urns. I run it 4 times in a row(on 4 toons) usually, so that's 320. I'll do several runs like this a day usually, maybe up to 10(yes, I have a lot of free time lately), so that's maybe ~3,200 urns a day. I usually find 1-3 purple blueprints a day and maybe 1 new purple blueprint a week. 3,200*7=22,400. 1/22,400=0.00004464=0.004464%.....now I'm not claiming these numbers to be accurate, I don't farm same amount of time every day plus rng is rng, but the ~once a week is how often I feel I find them assuming I farm daily. Even if it's me being unlucky and maybe more like twice a week, that's still north of ten thousand urns for one new purple recipe. This may definitely be off, but this should give you the idea.

500k is cheap for this. The only duplicate I got I sold for 700k and I'm selling blues for 45-95k each. I'm not greedy but frankly with droprates like this, that's what fair prices look like :/ Blues are slowly dropping due to people finding them, but purples aren't gonna drop any time soon unless the droprates are majorly buffed. As far as I can tell purples also don't even get sold on traders much because at that level of rarity you can simply find highest bidder in zchat/guildchat.
    Edited by Magdalina on July 21, 2017 11:29PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2dyr8q900bt5.gif
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 21, 2017 10:16PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

You cannot get new furniture from Hlaalu plans(which is ironic if you think about it...you cannot get Hlaalu furniture from Hlaalu plans).

To OP, the droprate is godmode awful. You can get new blueprints in desks, urns, etc, but they not only share the loot table with every single other race's furniture in game but Vvardenfell containers(which is the only place this stuff can be found) are not biased towards Vvardenfell plans in any way.

To give you the idea, the tomb I farm has exactly 80 urns. I run it 4 times in a row(on 4 toons) usually, so that's 320. I'll do several runs like this a day usually, maybe up to 10(yes, I have a lot of free time lately), so that's maybe ~3,200 urns a day. I usually find 1-3 purple blueprints a day and maybe 1 new purple blueprint a week. 3,200*7=22,400. 1/22,400=0,00004464=0,004464%.....now I'm not claiming these numbers to be accurate, I don't farm same amount of time every day plus rng is rng, but the ~once a week is how often I feel I find them assuming I farm daily. Even if it's me being unlucky and maybe more like twice a week, that's still north of ten thousand urns for one new purple recipe. This may definitely be off, but this should give you the idea.

500k is cheap for this. The only duplicate I got I sold for 700k and I'm selling blues for 45-95k each. I'm not greedy but frankly with droprates like this, that's what fair prices look like :/ Blues are slowly dropping due to people finding them, but purples aren't gonna drop any time soon unless the droprates are majorly buffed. As far as I can tell purples also don't even get sold on traders much because at that level of rarity you can simply find highest bidder in zchat/guildchat.

I don't even want the blueprints. I just want the actual funishings. But no one is selling either. :(

I notice a lot more listings on EU TTC, but that's probably just a function of them playing the game more than NA.

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of the drop rate. That explains the scarcity. :(
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 21, 2017 10:28PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To give you the idea, the tomb I farm has exactly 80 urns. I run it 4 times in a row(on 4 toons) usually, so that's 320. I'll do several runs like this a day usually, maybe up to 10(yes, I have a lot of free time lately), so that's maybe ~3,200 urns a day. I usually find 1-3 purple blueprints a day and maybe 1 new purple blueprint a week. 3,200*7=22,400. 1/22,400=0,00004464=0,004464%.....now I'm not claiming these numbers to be accurate, I don't farm same amount of time every day plus rng is rng, but the ~once a week is how often I feel I find them assuming I farm daily. Even if it's me being unlucky and maybe more like twice a week, that's still north of ten thousand urns for one new purple recipe. This may definitely be off, but this should give you the idea.

I don't even want the blueprints. I just want the actual funishings. But no one is selling either. :(

I notice a lot more listings on EU TTC, but that's probably just a function of them playing the game more than NA.

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of the drop rate. That explains the scarcity. :(

I've been able to buy some furniture I wanted(PC NA), I think people generally sell what they find(furniture that is) but with droprates like this I don't think we've even found all the recipes between all the people on the server so far so something will be completely unavailable. I also suspect some recipes, like with base game, may not have been added despite them being in the game's data(according to Craftstore addon) :/ I'm having a hard time believing NOT ONE PERSON on both NA and EU PC found Hlaalu floral tapestries so far given it's a blue quality recipe, for example. Only way that seems possible is if the recipe simply doesn't exist.

Also I feel they actually nerfed the recipe droprate (from urns at least). I definitely seem to be finding a lot less blueprints last few days, so either rng gods REALLY hate me lately or ZOS figured 1/22k droprate was too high and wasn't providing enough incentive to buy the new furniture at Crown Store for 500 crowns each>.<
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems like TTC is unable to index certain items...

I saw this bug before with base game furnishings too. For example, "Redguard Bed, Full Lattice" wouldn't get indexed by TTC (as well as a few other furnishings). They just show up as no listings on the site, even though they are listed in traders.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 24, 2017 4:21AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    <snip>

Also I feel they actually nerfed the recipe droprate (from urns at least). I definitely seem to be finding a lot less blueprints last few days, so either rng gods REALLY hate me lately or ZOS figured 1/22k droprate was too high and wasn't providing enough incentive to buy the new furniture at Crown Store for 500 crowns each>.<

I was thinking that exact thing. They know people want the new furniture and they want people to be so frustrated trying to get it in-game that they will just drop crowns on it instead. It would stand to reason that they would make sure it stays rare. >_<

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been able to find a number of the Telvanni furniture for sale (bed, chair, stool, bookshelf, lamps, game table) and a bit of the other Hlaalu/Dres/Indoril/Redoran furnishings (canopy bed, secure chest, dividers, double bed, kitchen tables, trestles, one rug, some decorative items (urns, etc.), low sideboard, cabinets, etc.).

I'm on XB NA and there are a few traders in Mournhold that seem to have regular stock. I've found some off of other traders, too, but it's usually only been one or two pieces.

Yesterday, I found the thread about farming these, so I started this morning (only had time for a few runs before work) and found a couple of the green MW ones (which I already had) and a couple base game blue ones. It'll take a while before I find a many of the MW blue/purple plans, I suspect. I've looted exactly 2 purple MW plans, from justice containers, and they were the Redoran floral plate and the Redoran plate, meal - so not that fantastic. I've also looted a few blues ones, but mostly green ones. I've been able to find a few blue plans on traders sub 40K, but that was rare.

So, I've taken to buying from other players, which is great for those who've been lucky to loot these desired plans. I'm glad they're making furniture, as with the drop rates on plans, buying finished products from other players seems to be the only way I'm going to get Ald Velothi furnished.

I want to purchase Amaya with gold, but I just don't know if I'd be able to furnish it for a very long time. I only have less than half the gold purchase price, and once I save up enough to buy it, I won't have any left over to furnish it for a while. Just have to stop buying furniture for Ald Velothi I guess.

Edited for grammar.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 25, 2017 4:53PM