The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where is the AD "Refugee relief site" for turning in crafting writs?

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
Where is the AD "Refugee relief site" for turning in crafting writs? The quest description couldn't be more useless.
End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that's in Auridon in Vulkhel Guard, if not it's in Grahtwood outside Elden Root
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where you go to turn in a crafting writ depends on a couple of factors:
    1. Your proficiency level in that craft (by which I don't mean the level of your crafting skill, but rather the number of skill points you've put into the main passive ability for that craft skill: solvent proficiency, or metalworking, or tailoring, or potency improvement, or recipe improvement, or woodworking - the one that determines what level of item you can craft).
    2. How many ranks there are for that craft (most have 9 ranks, but alchemy and provisioning only have 6, so the distribution of writ turn-in locations is a bit different for them)
    3. Whether you've completed the portion of the main quest that sends you to Coldharbour after the 5th zone of your alliance (only comes into play if your crafting proficiency level is high enough that you should be turning in writs in Coldharbour, but the game thinks you don't have access to the zone yet)
    4. Whether your character level is below 50 (only comes into play if your crafting proficiency level is high enough that you should be turning in writs in Craglorn, but the game knows that you don't have access to the zone yet)

Now here's a list of the zones in which writs are turned in, based on crafting proficiency level. I've divided this into 2 lists: one using Enchanting as an example of a craft skill with 9 proficiency ranks, and one using Alchemy as an example of a craft skill with only 6 proficiency ranks. In all cases, the actual location to turn in the writ within the zone noted is somewhere on the outskirts of the "main" city for the zone.

So here's how Enchanting writs look:
    • Potency level 1: crafted item level 1-15; turned in in 1st alliance zone (Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls)
    • Potency level 2: crafted item level 10-25; turned in in 2nd alliance zone (Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan)
    • Potency level 3: crafted item level 20-35; turned in in 3rd alliance zone (Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen)
    • Potency level 4: crafted item level 30-45; turned in in 4th alliance zone (Malabal Tor/Alik'r Desert/Eastmarch)
    • Potency level 5: crafted item level 40-VR3; turned in in 5th alliance zone (Reaper's March/Bangkorai/The Rift OR Coldharbour if you have access to Coldharbour)
    • Potency level 6: crafted item level VR3-5; turned in in Craglorn
    • Potency level 7: crafted item level VR5-7; turned in in Craglorn
    • Potency level 8: crafted item level VR7-10; turned in in Craglorn
    • Potency level 9: crafted item level VR10-14; turned in in Craglorn

Now compare that to how Alchemy writs, with fewer levels for an alchemist to invest in, look:
    • Proficiency level 1: crafted item level 3-10; turned in in 1st alliance zone (Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls)
    • Proficiency level 2: crafted item level 20; turned in in 2nd alliance zone (Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan)
    • Proficiency level 3: crafted item level 30; turned in in 3rd alliance zone (Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen)
    • Proficiency level 4: crafted item level 40; turned in in 4th alliance zone (Malabal Tor/Alik'r Desert/Eastmarch)
    • Proficiency level 5: crafted item level VR1; turned in in Coldharbour
    • Proficiency level 6: crafted item level VR5; turned in in Craglorn

If the game determines that you haven't progressed enough to get to Coldharbour or Craglorn, rather than making you turn in writs of those proficiency levels in lower zones, you won't be asked to craft items of those proficiency levels - instead you'll be asked to craft the highest level of items that can be turned in in one of your alliance's zones.

Hope this helps.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Where is the AD "Refugee relief site" for turning in crafting writs? The quest description couldn't be more useless.
    Select the quest and then press whatever your "Show on Map" is bound to. It will open the map and show you exactly where you need to go ...
    smile.gif
  • SlingDash
    SlingDash
    Soul Shriven
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Select the quest and then press whatever your "Show on Map" is bound to. It will open the map and show you exactly where you need to go ...
    smile.gif

Hi. New player here.
    I'm having a real problem with this too. The 'Show on Map' system seems completely broken to me. If I click 'Show on Map' to find the location of a drop-off point for crafted items, it just shows me my current location every time. I've tried it inside cities and outside in the middle of nowhere, and it still doesn't work. It's really annoying me now as I enjoy crafting and doing the writs, but spend most of my time searching the internet for drop-off locations.
    It seems to have worked a couple of times (showing me the correct location), but when I use the map marker option on the map which pops-up when showing me the correct location, my map marker just stays in the zone I'm currently in - even though it supposedly is at the drop-off location!
    The whole system seems completely broken and is annoying and confusing.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭

@pecheckler The refugee relief site is in Greenshade, Marbruk, where the fighters guild building is, across from the horse stables.

So, it's the second to last map for whatever your alliance is, if you aren't AD.
    Edited by nexxus_ESO on December 10, 2016 4:25PM
  • navra1ub17_ESO
    Sorry, although the map indicates it's in Grahtwood, it is actually in Marbruk (Greenshade).
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    I drop all of mine off in Craglorn, near the Belkarth shrine. Once you get all of your writs up, you will only have to make 1 stop to drop off ALL 6. It is so nice not to go to multiple locations to drop off writs.