Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happens to DLC skills and benefits if you let ESO Plus expire?

tinydog
tinydog
✭✭
For example, I put skill points in the Thieves Guild line, and I have Pirharri the Smuggler. I am currently an ESO Plus subscriber, and I haven't purchased the Thieves Guild DLC outright. If I let my ESO Plus membership expire, will I lose the benefit of Thieves Guild skills such as Swiftly Forgotten and Haggling, and Pirharri? If so, will I also effectively lose the skill points I allocated in that skill line unless I choose to reset ALL of my (hundreds of) skill points?

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all.

Absolutely everything you earn in the zone is yours to keep, including every thing you've mentioned...the smuggler, thieves guild passives, gear, whatever. Access being turned on and off does nothing to any skill points spent. You'll see them in your menu exactly the same as you see them now. The whole thieves guild skill line stays open. You can spend additional skill points in there, recast and take them out, put them back again, whatever.

What you can NOT do is level the main thieves guild skill line, since that requires completing missions in that zone. So if your sub lapses and you're at thieves guild 7, you have no way to level it to unlock a passive that requires thieves guild 8. But the system retains where you're leveling is at, and if younsub again in the future so you have Hews access you may pick up where you left off.
    Edited by davey1107 on July 19, 2017 10:43PM
    Answer ✓
  • tinydog
    tinydog
    ✭✭
    Excellent. Thank you!