Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS it's time to raise the player caps in housing AND...

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
... change the way you allow visitors. Designating ONE primary residence that your guilds and friends can visit even when you are offline is not good enough. We need to be able to do this with ALL the houses we own. We also need to be able to create exclusive guestlists from our friends list. Also, please double the player caps now. At the very least. You can even announce that you are doing it as a trial run, to be rescinded if it causes problems. Those HUGE notable residences feel empty even with 24 people in them when they can EASILY accommodate 48. Same for the 12 player cap homes that can easily hold 24. We spend a ton of money on this purely social perk. Please finally make it worthwhile.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    Yes -please- add this. I want people to be able to visit all my homes as I have made them glorious. Not just one. ><
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm sick of seeing the luxury item vendor bring stuff every single week and I'm like "wow that's pretty neat, but I wont buy it because I have nowhere f**king* put it!
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Yes. I'm sick of seeing the luxury item vendor bring stuff every single week and I'm like "wow that's pretty neat, but I wont buy it because I have nowhere f**king* put it!

I feel your pain on that score. Didn't mention the "up the item limit!" because there's already some current posts on that which I don't wish to detract from. Still, it'd be nice to have an option to say, fill a wine rack with bottles and then select "make placement permanent" which would then make the bottles part of the wine rack so they'd quit taking up individual slots. Same with books in bookcases!

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My primary is the guild hall - I can't change that, we have crafting stations and combat dummies there.

Do I want to be able to set a secondary and tertiary home (and possible more?) YES ABSOLUTELY!!!

I want to be able to set other homes as places people can visit without having to tp to me.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    My primary is the guild hall - I can't change that, we have crafting stations and combat dummies there.

Do I want to be able to set a secondary and tertiary home (and possible more?) YES ABSOLUTELY!!!

I want to be able to set other homes as places people can visit without having to tp to me.

Yep, being able to set guest lists from your friends and guild lists would be an incredible boon. I want this so much I can't even tell you! Well... since I made a forum post about it I guess I can. lol Being able to designate a residence as a "guild home" for specific guilds has been one of the #1 requests even before housing went live. It'd be nice to see ZOS finally honor THAT request as well.
    Edited by MornaBaine on July 11, 2017 10:34AM

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in the same boat. And no ZOS, the answer it NOT to just sell us more houses. I have no interest in buying more, even with the glorious ones coming up, until their actual functionality is improved.

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This totally - the cap needs raising soon - I was expecting it to be with this DLC, but nothing in the patch notes :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was also expecting the item limit to be raised. I think it's time to accept that housing was nothing but a fast cash grab and they are pretty much done with it.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way any of us can ever possibly see improvements to housing, is by no longer spending cash on them, cash on furnishings, or cash on more houses.

People were swooning in another thread over some lifeless, soul shriven, husks that just stand there and take up space. And because ZOS are showing with those how easy it is to make money on housing, why would they need to actually improve functionality?
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way any of us can ever possibly see improvements to housing, is by no longer spending cash on them, cash on furnishings, or cash on more houses.

People were swooning in another thread over some lifeless, soul shriven, husks that just stand there and take up space. And because ZOS are showing with those how easy it is to make money on housing, why would they need to actually improve functionality?

I always hope the company will take the high road and actually revisit things they know players want improved and fixed. But it seems anything cash store related is ignored once it's out there. As evidence I present the many costumes that distort our characters' bodies. ZOS is aware of this issue but has done nothing to correct it. Just once I'd like them to surprise me.

• AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I stopped with the housing cause of player limit and space, I won't touch it til they fix this
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and increase the items limit
    add storage
    fix the bugs (missing items, etc)
    allow us to place NPC inside (our other characters)
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they allowed you to designate 1 as a guild hall and another as your primary that would be more than enough. TBH they need to double the capacity at, a minimum, in your primary residence and triple it in the guild hall.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they allowed you to designate 1 as a guild hall and another as your primary that would be more than enough. TBH they need to double the capacity at, a minimum, in your primary residence and triple it in the guild hall.

At a MINIMUM, yes. But I STILL want to be able to at least designate specific people from my friends and guilds lists to be able to be visitors in any of my houses whether I am online or not. Further, I'd like anyone THEY are grouped with to be able to come in as well.

• nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get proper Guild Housing?
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

At a MINIMUM, yes. But I STILL want to be able to at least designate specific people from my friends and guilds lists to be able to be visitors in any of my houses whether I am online or not. Further, I'd like anyone THEY are grouped with to be able to come in as well.

Agreed, but the minimum really needs to be the iterative step if they are worried about server performance as they've stated in the past. Not doing anything is really getting old.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to setup traveling to a players primary residence. Traveling to a choice of multiple residences of the same player is more compelled.

Games that have had this have limited housing choices and Have done significant UI development for these purposes.

Not suggesting Sos should not implement this. Merely stating it's not a simple change.
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭

I feel your pain on that score. Didn't mention the "up the item limit!" because there's already some current posts on that which I don't wish to detract from. Still, it'd be nice to have an option to say, fill a wine rack with bottles and then select "make placement permanent" which would then make the bottles part of the wine rack so they'd quit taking up individual slots. Same with books in bookcases!

That is an outstanding idea! Perhaps go even farther and bundle several items together to form one item (and once bundled, they can't be undone, so be sure you want those items together). This could go a long way towards managing item limits. The only thing I could see as a potential problem would be, would this cause a strain on the servers due to an increase in the number of individual IDs for these items?

For instance, you had a wine rack, and three different types of bottles in them. You bundle them up, and now it's one, new, item, but one with its own unique ID. Add all the players in the game doing this, the number of unique IDs could get massive. Would this cause problems?

Still, something for Zeni to keep in mind, I think.
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they had data saying this was worth the effort you would see expansions and additions in the crown store by now. You have no hope to see it free
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, but the minimum really needs to be the iterative step if they are worried about server performance as they've stated in the past. Not doing anything is really getting old.

Yes, the not doing anything is getting really old. They are going to be presenting us with some more wildly expensive houses in the near future and yet not a word about actually improving them in any of the ways players have most loudly requested. It's very disappointing.

• chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to stop buying this stuff until the quality of life improvements on limits is improved and keep
    telling ZoS exactly why in forum posts like this.
    Edited by chess1ukb16_ESO on July 24, 2017 11:29AM
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to stop buying this stuff until the quality of life improvements on limits is improved and keep
    telling ZoS exactly why in forum posts like this.

Problem with that is the dissatisfied people are likely far out numbered by those satisfied. Forum threads are hard to draw a conclusion from (more will complain than will post positive things, positive players just keep playing). Nobody I personally play with has an issue filling out their houses nicely with the caps except for one non-ESO+

Have to take into account ZoS intentions in housing too. They made housing for player to decorate a house. It's unlikely they account for people wanting to write their names in candles with giant letters or strange floating arenas.
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late to respond to one of the OP requests, but they did make so you can visit houses other than the primary. This addon (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1758-PorttoFriendsHouse.html) will allow you to do just that.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, this needs to be done asap. I was surprised that they didn't come out with item & visitor increases long before now. It's pretty frustrating. I have a half finished house because I'm very near my item limit (I try to save a few spots for "gotta have lux vendor stuff"). Please, Zos give us an update on housing soon!!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit late to respond to one of the OP requests, but they did make so you can visit houses other than the primary. This addon (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1758-PorttoFriendsHouse.html) will allow you to do just that.

Very interesting addon.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh this is fantastic! Thank you for sharing! Just to be clear... does it allow you to port to someone's non-primary residence even if they are not online?

• MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭

But is there any way for us console players to go to houses that aren't primary?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »

But is there any way for us console players to go to houses that aren't primary?

Sadly, no. Which is why Add-ons aren't really the answer and why Zeni needs to step up their game and address these issues.

• Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why so this can be the next thing that crashes the servers all the time like this Holiday Mayhem event? The game can't handle it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »
    Why so this can be the next thing that crashes the servers all the time like this Holiday Mayhem event? The game can't handle it.

Then they need to fix the game, now don't they? But I rather thought that was already obvious.