Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will you kill me?

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have moved this thread to the RP section of the forum where it can better be enjoyed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! I will kill her and see my comments why...
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    As a werewolf, I'm supposed to kill vampires, and vice versa. But I have spared more than one vampire in my in-game quests, because I believed that their hearts (albeit cold and dead) were in the right place. I expect that a reasonable vampire would show me the same courtesy. But then, I also wouldn't put it past one to lie to my face then stab me in the back. Such is the nature of many vampires after all.

Do you think they had their hearts in the right place genuinely? Or was it all just an act?

See, a smart vampire removes their heart, keeps it in a jar, and then buries that jar someplace no one will ever find. Makes staking them much harder. :p

Joking aside, the vampires vs. werewolves thing really isn't an Elder Scrolls thing, and doesn't exist (much) in the setting. There are groups that focus on one monster or the other, and individual werewolves (and other lycanthropes) are very dangerous to... well, anyone, they encounter, including other members of their own kind, from different packs. Similarly, vampires from different clans (and sometimes even from the same clan) can be immediately hostile to one another. But, there isn't any unified Underworld/World of Darkness style Vampires vs. Werewolves war in TES.
  • themotherconfessor25
    the whole bit about your thralls be treated well, yeah, that made me want to kill you. you may feed them and hand out chores but what you've done and what you are is irredeemable in my book. i'd put flame against your fur and be happy to know that there is one less vermin on nirn.
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    My name is Buffy and, long ago, I was blessed and cursed by the Queen of Twilight – Azura – as a Slayer. I suspect part of why she chose me is that I can both travel the currents of time and respawn if vanquished.

My first encounter with a vampire that I chose not to slay was named Janus and he was the Count of Skingrad late in the 3rd Era. It was roughly two centuries later in northern Skyrim where I encountered another – named Serana – that I aided in completing a noble quest. Over time we became quite close.

So I have learned that, indeed, a small number of vampires are able to earnestly control their abilities and, sometimes, even use them to good purpose. In return, I have learned how to control my own primal nature to indiscriminately destroy them. I will, in fact, give vampires that I now encounter an opportunity – albeit a brief one – to convince me that they have control of and reject their dark nature.

"Chose not to slay"? Janus Hassildor would have rekt you with his OP wizardry :p
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on July 10, 2017 9:20AM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    NO! I will not kill her and see my comments why...
    My journey has just begun. I have one horse. My friend is sick and his speech was speechless. The vampire is intelligent, knows a lot. It will be useful until I get to a large city and I find a doctor. Horse? No, I'm sorry, it's for my friend. Vampire is tough. Chain? Yes, I'm sorry, but it's for you, but it's not heavy. Vampire is wise but dangerous.
    Come on. Here's my bag. My hands should be free. The way to us is quite long. Do not lag behind.
    Edited by markdeloma on July 11, 2017 9:40PM
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry, and I am sure your heart may be in the right place, or so you think. However, I did not become a vampire hunter for nothing. You do not need to be bored with my own story, just suffice it to say, I have dealt with your kind many times, and while the remains of mortal within you considers herself a good person, the curse will never allow this. Understand, you are not the same creature you were, and the truth is, even though you still hear and speak the goodness of the Khajit you once were, it is but an echo of the mortal. You now belong to Molag Bal, your creator, and no good comes from the Prince of Slavery and Domination. Coldharbour is a real place, and it is also real in each of you, his children. I could let you live, and hope for the best, but I learned that lesson already. Your disease will spread whether you wish it or not. I would say pray to whatever god you think you serve, but it is only Molag Bal awaiting you. You belong to him.

(from the perspective of a vampire hunter, as you asked. It seems some misunderstood, and thought you were asking for the perspective of their character, but I think you wanted the perspective of a vampire hunter. Still, interesting posts, and enjoyable all the same. Also it was a good story. It captured the "innocence" of the vampire, not seeing that she was actually reflecting Molag Bal in keeping of the enslaved thralls.)
    Edited by Krist on July 15, 2017 2:08AM
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MAY BE I will kill her or MAY BE not -- I have no idea... (See my comments)
    Why do you ask questions of your food?

Your consideration is an affront to Lamae Bal and the superiority granted you. Return to the fold. It cannot be a worthy life running from princes and dirty mer alike.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    I am sorry, and I am sure your heart may be in the right place, or so you think. However, I did not become a vampire hunter for nothing. You do not need to be bored with my own story, just suffice it to say, I have dealt with your kind many times, and while the remains of mortal within you considers herself a good person, the curse will never allow this. Understand, you are not the same creature you were, and the truth is, even though you still hear and speak the goodness of the Khajit you once were, it is but an echo of the mortal. You now belong to Molag Bal, your creator, and no good comes from the Prince of Slavery and Domination. Coldharbour is a real place, and it is also real in each of you, his children. I could let you live, and hope for the best, but I learned that lesson already. Your disease will spread whether you wish it or not. I would say pray to whatever god you think you serve, but it is only Molag Bal awaiting you. You belong to him.

(from the perspective of a vampire hunter, as you asked. It seems some misunderstood, and thought you were asking for the perspective of their character, but I think you wanted the perspective of a vampire hunter. Still, interesting posts, and enjoyable all the same. Also it was a good story. It captured the "innocence" of the vampire, not seeing that she was actually reflecting Molag Bal in keeping of the enslaved thralls.)

My point made sharp. Mer hunters think we are of Molag Bal. Such ignorance. When I turn this one and his eyes open wide when standing before the profaned shrine of Molag Bal, I think then I shall end his existence. Simply not worthy of our power.
  • Hawkeye0099
    When were nords known to be slavers and she has slaves herself. better safe then sorry khajiits are known to lie and vampires are known to be monsters.
    Edited by Hawkeye0099 on July 15, 2017 6:30PM
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to be bitten so I would anger her then get bitten
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How could a khajit live as an enemy of the warm sun? Such monster deserves death, for the gods demand it.
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|512:439&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C512%3A439&background-color=black
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .. but she has sweetrolls! :)
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    I would like to be bitten so I would anger her then get bitten

We Don't get angry we get hungry
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • solvaring
    solvaring
    I would not cuz vamps are t3h sechsy

On a more real note, the content of ones character is shown through one's deeds and your have been very kind in your unlife.

If you really were a monster though I doubt you'd put pen to paper about it, so maybe this is an elaborate ploy because the hunters are banging down your door?

Hmmmmm
    - Solvaring Encelembras
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    Even though it is my duty as a vampire slayer to get rid of the vile creatures known as vampires I will spare this one for her deeds only helped the people and she did not do any harm. I'll let her of the hook this time.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    If I'd be a regular hunter, I would not think if that moose is good or evil, I would kill the moose.
    If I'd be a fisherman, I'd catch the fish without thinking about how good or evil fish has been.
    And if I'm a vampire hunter, I would kill the vampire without hesitation. Good or evil, it doesn't matter.

sounds like hircine got to you. hunt this hunt that. just relax and smoke a torchbug pipe ;) live and let undead....live?
    Edited by TheNuminous1 on September 1, 2017 9:24AM
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not because you are a vampire, but because you brutally murder slavers who are merely doing their jobs.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because of this reason...

77fd459c75c5874540fddbec32fb4530.jpg

..however if you end up looking like this .. then yes :D

EdwardCullen.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• ArgonianDovah
    ArgonianDovah
    Soul Shriven
    My character tends to try to see the good in people, especially when it comes to fellow beast races. She'd probably let her go, but maybe give her a talking-to about enslaving thralls.
    Azeez-Ei | @ArgonianDovah | Xbox NA | Templar | Healer/Crafter

Guildmaster of the Saxhleel Stronghold, the guild for all Argonians and friends of the Argonians.
    Active exploring, item-sharing, trading, and everything else in between. No dues necessary.
    Click here to join our kaj-uxith, clutch-mate!
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a vampire, but nevertheless have lived a long life after being cursed with Immortality. My little friend, you may need to consider not having any thralls. Look to Verandis Ravenwatch. He will help you with your plight.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • shredingmetal41
    shredingmetal41
    Soul Shriven
    MAY BE I will kill her or MAY BE not -- I have no idea...

As you and I are Khajiit, that is my first reason for a need to contemplate your continued survival, second would be the report, thought they are your own words, of fair and civil treatment of your thralls. Third is my own belief that each being is to be judged by their actions, thus I would need to investigate and observe before I could in good conscious end your existance.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you are indicted.
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    I am also a morally good vampire. Just because you're a vampire, doesn't make you evil.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|512:439&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C512%3A439&background-color=black

The Blackmarrow revives this thread as we approach the launch of the newest DLC!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Dear Vampire Hunter,

This one knows that you have taken a sacred vow. However, before you do anything rash, please consider what this Khajiit has to say. Not all vampires are blood thirsty, evil beings. Some of us use our curse as a blessed gift.

This Khajiit has used her gift to help several families over millennia. The first case is the Argonian sisters who lost their family due to Dunmer slavers. This one gave them top notch education and special training in the field that they were most interested in. In addition, they also received a warm bed and food.

The most recent way this Khajiit was kind was in helping a family with a young Nord girl whose parents were slavers. This one had to stop the slavers in order to protect a Bosmer village. However, in doing so she had to kill the slavers, but she spared the little Nord. The Bosmer village took in the Nord. Also, this one did offer education to the young Nord and her adopted Bosmer sister.

This one keeps records from the many millennia that she lived. If the kind Vampire Hunter killed the helpful Khajiit then countless first-paw records will be destroyed and lost. History is very important, yes?

This one does have thralls, but she treats them very well. In fact, she treats her thralls better than some non-vampires treat their employees. They have warm beds, good fresh food, and no fear. After they do their daily chores around the home, they even have free time to do as they want to for a few hours before going to bed.

Concerning that this Khajiit is good vampire, the kind Vampire Hunter will not kill her, yes?

--

You, the reader, are the vampire hunter. I am wondering if you will kill her or not.. In addition, I will love to hear your comments if you like or dislike the story and why.
    Very touching story, Even the wolf within my Orcish visage is touched considering vampires are a werewolves natural enemy, (but not mine, hatred to vampires is based on the "head" vampires motives and moral scale.)

I may be a Were-Warden (It's Hrokku Gor Bear by the way, aptly named based on the mixture of Orcish dialect and the name from the fifth aspect of hircine known as Hrokkibeg.) but I am no Vampire hunter (With exceptions.)

Over the coming years as a Lycanthrope, I have learned to control my lycanthropy through inner spiritual companionship, thus becoming a pack master of my own caliber from which by treating my spirit wolf with respect, compassion, nourishment and much more, I, in turn, could stay in werewolf form indefinitely and thanks to my heightened senses, added strengths(both within and outside werewolf form) and extended lifespan (the lifespan of the wolf and myself become one on a spiritual aspect.) I, no... we had no problems finding vampires and other such bad people/creatures.

however, I picked up a few things along my journey including a unique quotation from what some call, "The Golden Eye." from which there was a paragraph that said this exact quotation: "Knowledge is only as wicked as the one who wields it." which proves one of my theoretical claims to be truthful and oh so solid, that not all creatures and daedric beings (Namely Vampires and Werewolves ) are not bad, but caution is always advised when choosing friends amongst the supernatural, just as no two snowflakes are alike, the same can be said for the human/elven/Argonian/Khajiiti and supernatural minds as well. (that and there is this: you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.)

not to mention vampires maybe a creation of the daedric prince of domination, but some may forget that when new vampires are inducted into the fold and "created", it is done so through the one person who Hates Both Arkay and Molag Bal alongside four ancient vampire scions: Lamae Bal (her hatred is directed to Arkay as the divine turned his back on her for the being she was turned into, and at the same time, her hatred is directed to Molag Bal because of what the prince of lies did to Lamae to begin with, as told by an ancient manuscript in the Inacubalian libraries of Hermaeus Mora's Domain as well as some parts of tamriel.) as new vampires are brought into lamaes fold, not only do more vampires come into existence through this method but at the same time, Lamaes power becomes exceedingly stronger in the process until the eventful day when she calls upon all of her vampire kin to take up arms and go to war against the one who turned her into what she is now, but only time will tell when that day shall come.

but either way, there is no good or bad when it comes down to the supernatural, whether one is seen as good or bad is entirely up to the people around the supernatural, and to see or even hear of a vampire/werewolf doing their best to improve and help the people of tamriel is a good thing in my books, a thing so good that it makes certain religious factions question themselves as to what is truly good and bad, SPOILER ALERT AHEAD:
    just like how the fighters guild made Sees-all-colors the advisor to the new head of the fighters guild as her actions were just as she served a daedric prince who hated molag bal from which they called "Meridia" as this daedric prince is not coherently evil due to her hatred towards all manner of undead life.

In short: nice to see a Khajiiti vampire better the lives of others, kinda like myself from a moral aspect(as I am a werewolf who has learned to accept myself and the spirit wolf within in an effort to live out a good long life helping others.)
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    We who serve the Lord of the Wheel of Life are tasked with protection of the souls of all mortals, both bound and unbound.

For there are those in Tamriel—and from beyond Tamriel—who prey upon the souls of others. Heretics would divert the souls of the dying to unlawful destinations. Necromancers would bind the souls of the dead to an afterlife of eternal slavery. And Daedra Lords feast upon the souls of mortals like ravening wolves.

All these we abominate, and drive them from the realms of decent folk with fire and hammer. And to aid us in this, our great work, Arkay has given us his Three Consecrations:

Arkay's Grace, which we bestow upon birth, to protect the souls of the innocent until they are old enough to exercise their own volition.

Arkay's Blessing, which we bestow upon the dying, to prevent their souls from being used without consent.

Arkay's Law, which we bestow upon the deceased, that their corporeal forms may not be raised to unlawful servitude.

There is no more sacred trust than that of the order which you enter today, novice. Be strong, and waver not, for the enemies of life are ever watchful, ready to punish negligence with swift and ruthless cruelty.

~~~~
    Thus Stendarr looked upon the world of mortals, and he found it afflicted by Abominations. And he made it known unto his priests, resolutes, and templars, that these unnatural profanities are abhorrent in his sight, and are to be exterminated by the Righteous without halt or mercy. For these Abominations are each and every the eternal enemies of the mortals of the Mundus, and shall not be suffered to abide among us.
    And these Abominations are four in kind, and may be known thusly:
    —The DAEDRA, those unworldly horrors that are not of the Mundus, but come from Oblivion to inflict cruelty and death upon the mortals of Tamriel.
    —The MANBEASTS, those mortals who through traffic with the bestial Hircine do change their skins for those of animals, preying thence upon the innocent.
    —The RISEN CORPSES, those restless undead whose rotting bodies persist with loathsome and unnatural vigor, sowing fear and agony among the living.
    —The DEATHLESS VAMPYRES, who feed horrifically upon honest citizens, regarding righteous mortals as mere cattle to sate their unholy hungers.
    Know these Four Abominations, O ye righteous, and gather to slay them where're they appear.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to always remember @OfTheEight

There will come times where even both Divine and Daedra must change their own doctrines, where they themselves must change certain aspects of themselves and their beliefs based on the things that they themselves see as well as their worshippers, servants, etc. just look at sotha sil, he knows that regardless of the knowledge this tribunal god possesses, there is always more to learn in the long run.

In a way, no mortal/immortal/ammortal can truly know everything.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being evil or not is determined by ones deeds, not by what they are.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    To the Dark Brotherhood, vampires are priced assets. So long as you do not attack me, I see no reason to turn you into a pile of ash. Sithis, though, if he orders then as a Shadowscale, I must obey.
    Edited by Kierro on February 8, 2018 7:11AM