The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Vicecannon set : any use ?

anathosdm
anathosdm
✭✭✭
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vicecannon+of+Venom+Set
Hi guys. I was wondering if this could be useful in PVP on a stam NB.
Thx for answers
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anathosdm wrote: »
    Thx for answers

It's great if you want to not be able to cloak or stealth during it's duration. Once it's been activated on a target it will not allow you to use cloak, and that's a big problem with it.

Past that it's a good heal, but has gone through "iterations" via patches. It used to work much differently than it currently does, it's current version is limited in it's usage, but has it's niche as opening damage and a heal.
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    Ok ty ;)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thx for answers

It's great if you want to not be able to cloak or stealth during it's duration. Once it's been activated on a target it will not allow you to use cloak, and that's a big problem with it.

Past that it's a good heal, but has gone through "iterations" via patches. It used to work much differently than it currently does, it's current version is limited in it's usage, but has it's niche as opening damage and a heal.

Its actually Sheer Venom thats breaking cloak not Vicecannon. Unless you can provide evidence to your claim.
    PS4 NA DC
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've used Vicecanon on my NB for awhile and not once did it break my cloak.

Anyway OP yes it is a very nice set for stamblade, that dot has a pretty high tooltip to keep the pressure on your opponent and its heals are nothing to be scoffed at even in PvP. It's nice outnumbered also as you can dot up multiple people for ALL the heals.

It's nice to run on your backbar with a bow so you can fit in another 5 pc set and a monster set of your chosing. GL getting that bow tho, it's rare as, at least where I am (PS4 EU)
    Edited by revonine on June 24, 2017 7:52PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok ty ;)

Go sheer venom you will love it
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    I've used Vicecanon on my NB for awhile and not once did it break my cloak.

Neither break your cloak. Sheer Venom breaks other players cloak which is unintended. Im not sure if Vicecannon does or not tho.

PS4 NA DC
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thx for answers

Its actually Sheer Venom thats breaking cloak not Vicecannon. Unless you can provide evidence to your claim.

I've never had sheer venom and I used vicecannon for a while and everytime the dot was up and the hot was on you it would break cloak. It also used to work while invis (not just stealth)... but it's been changed a few times. Still have set sitting in bank , can check it out when I get time.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the current version of vicecannon does not break cloak.

It can be applied while invis.

And it's not currently limited to 1 target.

So, it's possibly pretty good right now.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Has this not breaking cloak thing been confirmed for Vicecannon? If so...I want it! It's a great heal and DOT but I just don't know why this DOT wouldn't reveal ya...when others do. I've specifically avoided it because of this....
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has this not breaking cloak thing been confirmed for Vicecannon? If so...I want it! It's a great heal and DOT but I just don't know why this DOT wouldn't reveal ya...when others do. I've specifically avoided it because of this....

It no longer breaks cloak, There was a point where it was, that's no longer the case.

It also can be applied via invis and not just stealth.

It can also be applied to multiple targets, which is a little tricky in that you must crit with direct damage while invis (it won't proc off dots). [it does proc off poison injection's direct damage portion]

The dot doesn't crit (being a proc this is to be expected).

It's usefulness is hard to gauge, if you can work out a way to use shadowy disguise with it to get multiple dots up it's likely pretty good. It's not going to be a whole lot of damage in pvp, in pve it tooltips at about 16kish with a bit over 1k ticks. So at least half that in pvp.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Vicecanon on backbar and it only breaks cloak when it hits volatile armor...or at least it did before morrowind patch, but I haven't fought many DK's since then since they have seemed to become less popular post patch.

It's great for the heals mostly if your opening doesnt kill someone. It does okay damage, but I mostly use it for the heals.

However, it DOES prevent you from crouching into stealth if its hitting someone and you are within a certain range until the timer goes off.

The sustain heal is great for duels and can be used for 1vX as well if you can get the proc on multiple people. However, if you get this set you should make sure you have extra magicka and mag regen, since you will be cloaking more often to get the proc off.

I'm currently trying to decide if theres any other backbar set that would be better for sustain. I'm considering crusaders set but not sure if that would add to my overall survivability
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm it no longer breaks cloak huh? I'm feeling the urge to go for sheer venom + vicecannon and use the double dot poison. That will be some serious pressure, and easy to keep up if you have good regen. Only downside is your weap dmg will be quite low, which hurts your burst.

Still, I could place vicecannon on the back bar, use poison injection from stealth, switch to sheer venom front bar, proccing the dot from sheer venom when the first poison injection dot hits. Then I could run selene or velidreth and still have a chance at some decent burst, although unreliable. Sounds pretty evil when I think of it.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whipped out my VICECANNON last night (XBOX NA), and can confirm that this set is STILL garbo trash.

I'm not certain why people are reporting that it no longer breaks cloak, because it does... EVERYTIME! I turned on the numbers, and oddly enuff it actually looks like the heal componet is what breaks CLOAK. Just as annoying, it actually sems to break stealth/crouch too!!! Literally, when the heal tic hits, your character will stand upright from the crouch.

WTF?

Was it intended to work this way to prevent spamming multiple venom targets simultaneously? By sheer luck of the crit, in hours of play I managed by chance to get 2 venom targets active at the same time. With the proc breaking CLOAK, you absolutely cannot use the guaranteed crit cloak morph to proc this after the initial proc. Even tho the cloak skill says that the attack will be counted as a crit after cloak for 3 seconds, the process of cloak breaking prevents the attck from being considered a "crit" even if it happens 1 second after the cloak is used and breaks.

It's a set that sounds good, but the actual damage numbers and heal are poor even in PVP.. this is another junk set not worth anything really (low dot, and underperfroming heal).

Can somone summon GINA BRUNO to confirm that it's working as intended?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Sounds pretty evil when I think of it.

You don't even have to run it with multiple proc sets.

It quite possible to keep up the hot from it, the only question is do multiple hots stack (I'm guessing they don't). In pvp it ought be relatively easy to tag multiple targets with it.
    whipped out my VICECANNON last night (XBOX NA), and can confirm that this set is STILL garbo trash.

I'm not certain why people are reporting that it no longer breaks cloak, because it does... EVERYTIME! I turned on the numbers, and oddly enuff it actually looks like the heal componet is what breaks CLOAK. Just as annoying, it actually sems to break stealth/crouch too!!! Literally, when the heal tic hits, your character will stand upright from the crouch.

WTF?

Was it intended to work this way to prevent spamming multiple venom targets simultaneously? By sheer luck of the crit, in hours of play I managed by chance to get 2 venom targets active at the same time. With the proc breaking CLOAK, you absolutely cannot use the guaranteed crit cloak morph to proc this after the initial proc. Even tho the cloak skill says that the attack will be counted as a crit after cloak for 3 seconds, the process of cloak breaking prevents the attck from being considered a "crit" even if it happens 1 second after the cloak is used and breaks.

It's a set that sounds good, but the actual damage numbers and heal are poor even in PVP.. this is another junk set not worth anything really (low dot, and underperfroming heal).

On PC it's not breaking cloak that I can see. But, I didn't test it thoroughly.

The stacking it on multiple targets is mostly a timing thing though... if you play with it you will see it works. It doesn't matter if you crit from using shadowy disguise, you have to crit with it while invis.

The heal dot might be the problem with breaking cloak... I tested it pve and nothing was living long enough to hit me really. I didn't bother with pvp, but I suspect the heal dot will still break cloak. Thing about it is, if you are full health it doesn't tick on you.

I will break it out in pvp and see if it's still borked with the heal breaking cloak... which likely was always the issue with the set.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It quite possible to keep up the hot from it, the only question is do multiple hots stack (I'm guessing they don't). In pvp it ought be relatively easy to tag multiple targets with it.

WTF?

The stacking it on multiple targets is mostly a timing thing though... if you play with it you will see it works. It doesn't matter if you crit from using shadowy disguise, you have to crit with it while invis.

The heal dot might be the problem with breaking cloak... I tested it pve and nothing was living long enough to hit me really. I didn't bother with pvp, but I suspect the heal dot will still break cloak. Thing about it is, if you are full health it doesn't tick on you.

I will break it out in pvp and see if it's still borked with the heal breaking cloak... which likely was always the issue with the set.

Tested in PVE on some larger health targets, XBOX NA... Not only cloak breaking with the heals, but even being forced out of crouch!!!!... Which I didn't expect to see (everything still breaks cloak right?).

My crit is close to 70%, and only once or twice out of 2hrs of play did I see it proc twice simultaneously... Again the limiting factor seems to be that yer forced from cloak/stealth, and it's almost impossible to be in stealth, much less to score a crit while in stealth.

I look forward to some of the forum scientists (FOR SCIENCE!) running this set to ground, but as it stands it junk besides the opener in each engagement 98% of the time. Meanwhile my BC set will proc on anything and is up full time, all the time... with enuff enemies in the circle the heals can be massive.

So the question remains, was the breaking of cloak and crouch intended with this set (as a CD?)?

Edited by QuebraRegra on June 29, 2017 9:32PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm it no longer breaks cloak huh? I'm feeling the urge to go for sheer venom + vicecannon and use the double dot poison. That will be some serious pressure, and easy to keep up if you have good regen. Only downside is your weap dmg will be quite low, which hurts your burst.

Still, I could place vicecannon on the back bar, use poison injection from stealth, switch to sheer venom front bar, proccing the dot from sheer venom when the first poison injection dot hits. Then I could run selene or velidreth and still have a chance at some decent burst, although unreliable. Sounds pretty evil when I think of it.

sad to say it breaks cloak... try it and see.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sad to say it breaks cloak... try it and see.
    @QuebraRegra You see.. this is why I haven't bought vicecannon yet. There's just too much conflicting information on whether it does or doesn't break cloak.

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WTF?

Tested in PVE on some larger health targets, XBOX NA... Not only cloak breaking with the heals, but even being forced out of crouch!!!!... Which I didn't expect to see (everything still breaks cloak right?).

My crit is close to 70%, and only once or twice out of 2hrs of play did I see it proc twice simultaneously... Again the limiting factor seems to be that yer forced from cloak/stealth, and it's almost impossible to be in stealth, much less to score a crit while in stealth.

I look forward to some of the forum scientists (FOR SCIENCE!) running this set to ground, but as it stands it junk besides the opener in each engagement 98% of the time. Meanwhile my BC set will proc on anything and is up full time, all the time... with enuff enemies in the circle the heals can be massive.

So the question remains, was the breaking of cloak and crouch intended with this set (as a CD?)?

The only way you will see multiple procs of it reliably is through use of shadowy disguise.

Basically, you use shadowy disguise and then immediately use an ability while still invis. I was able to get it up on 3 targets at a time, but things weren't hitting me so the hot wasn't ticking. Compounding things is that I'm at CP cap, so finding something in pve that isn't going to die by accident for me proved daunting.

I haven't had time to test it in pvp. But it sounds like the hot will break invis on it's tick. Intended? Probably not, but the chances they "fix" it when it's been buggy like this since it came out is pretty low.

In truth, the only way this set is or will ever be any good is if the hot doesn't negate invis. It's only going to be useful for nightblades with shadowy disguise to boot. So even if fixed it's very narrow in how it can be used.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to break cloak for me some months back. If that has changed that's a deal maker. I think in general Burst Poison Damage is better but it's still a nice set.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF?

The only way you will see multiple procs of it reliably is through use of shadowy disguise.

Basically, you use shadowy disguise and then immediately use an ability while still invis. I was able to get it up on 3 targets at a time, but things weren't hitting me so the hot wasn't ticking. Compounding things is that I'm at CP cap, so finding something in pve that isn't going to die by accident for me proved daunting.

I haven't had time to test it in pvp. But it sounds like the hot will break invis on it's tick. Intended? Probably not, but the chances they "fix" it when it's been buggy like this since it came out is pretty low.

In truth, the only way this set is or will ever be any good is if the hot doesn't negate invis. It's only going to be useful for nightblades with shadowy disguise to boot. So even if fixed it's very narrow in how it can be used.

That was the idea exactly!!!! To use shadow to prompt a proc, however it doesn't work...

More testing last night, and things noted (that may have been obvious to others):
    1. shadowy disguise alone will NOT proc this, you MUST also be crouched to proc it.
    - you don't have to be unseen as long as you crouch, and use shadowy disguise it will proc.
    - the set has limited usefulness as the heals/proc active BREAK cloak!!! absolutely 100%
    - with micro timing, you can sometimes get off a fast attack from cloak before it is broken by an already active proc and have it proc again. One would almost need a macro to make this reliable.

As an opener, from shadowy disguise while crouching, would STEEL TORNADO allow for multiple procs initially? That's the only way I might see value in this set.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    It used to break cloak for me some months back. If that has changed that's a deal maker. I think in general Burst Poison Damage is better but it's still a nice set.

it breaks cloak on the current XBOX NA currently, making it less than useful. I'd get more confirmation before making any investment.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WTF?

That was the idea exactly!!!! To use shadow to prompt a proc, however it doesn't work...

More testing last night, and things noted (that may have been obvious to others):
    1. shadowy disguise alone will NOT proc this, you MUST also be crouched to proc it.
    - you don't have to be unseen as long as you crouch, and use shadowy disguise it will proc.
    - the set has limited usefulness as the heals/proc active BREAK cloak!!! absolutely 100%
    - with micro timing, you can sometimes get off a fast attack from cloak before it is broken by an already active proc and have it proc again. One would almost need a macro to make this reliable.

As an opener, from shadowy disguise while crouching, would STEEL TORNADO allow for multiple procs initially? That's the only way I might see value in this set.

You don't actually have to be crouching... I was able to get it proc on multiples with just shadowy disguise and poison injection.

It's a bit buggy to pull off. There was a small window on it, but certainly not macro required.

Moral of the story, set has always been buggy and continues to be.

Oh and it wouldn't apply the proc from a heavy attack with splash aoe. Didn't try anything else, but typically procs will only apply to the main target (but, who knows?).
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Played with this set in pvp a bit and it's 100% the hot that breaks invis.

It won't break it when you are at 100% health, but if it's ticking it's going to break cloak for the duration.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It won't break it when you are at 100% health, but if it's ticking it's going to break cloak for the duration.

I tested the other day on the target skeleton and I'm 100% sure that the hot was taking me out of cloak and stealth continuously (I was 100% health too).
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tested the other day on the target skeleton and I'm 100% sure that the hot was taking me out of cloak and stealth continuously (I was 100% health too).

Weird, I played around with a troll for a bit and I was able to get full duration cloaks.

The set used to break cloak immediately and for the duration no matter what you did as I recall.

The silly thing about it is that if worked properly it's still not that great a set, very niche.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, I played around with a troll for a bit and I was able to get full duration cloaks.

The set used to break cloak immediately and for the duration no matter what you did as I recall.

The silly thing about it is that if worked properly it's still not that great a set, very niche.
    Agreed. Since the DOT is halved in PvP the damage is marginal. It's a nice trolling set though. LOL. I kind of made some panic a bit but rarely did I ever get a kill with the DOT. Perhaps if it stacked and or had a greatly reduced time to administer the full poison and heal. I mean 9-10K over 15 seconds is just too much time to be of much use and the cloak breaking is a deal breaker.

Originally I thought the set would help with that last 20% of HP that seemed to be such a problem for killing players. It was only about 15 to 20 % effective though and I was not a fan of needing to break line of sight right away because of dropping stealth/cloak every tic.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

Agreed. Since the DOT is halved in PvP the damage is marginal. It's a nice trolling set though. LOL. I kind of made some panic a bit but rarely did I ever get a kill with the DOT. Perhaps if it stacked and or had a greatly reduced time to administer the full poison and heal. I mean 9-10K over 15 seconds is just too much time to be of much use and the cloak breaking is a deal breaker.

Originally I thought the set would help with that last 20% of HP that seemed to be such a problem for killing players. It was only about 15 to 20 % effective though and I was not a fan of needing to break line of sight right away because of dropping stealth/cloak every tic.

sooooo many executes to deal with that last 20% that VICECANNON would be hardly worth considering for an execute.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @QuebraRegra

Yes. Agreed. I was saying that that last 20% was NOT being covered by vicecannon as I'd hoped. That and the need to ensure a break in LOS or death had me shelving the set. My bad for not being clear.
    Edited by Vizier on July 8, 2017 8:10PM