Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS: Crown-exclusive dyes should unlock permanently upon dye stamp purchase

bottleofsyrup
bottleofsyrup
✭✭✭✭✭
I always found it strange that there was no way to gain access to these store-exclusive dyes other than one-time use Dye Stamps. Perhaps when these limited time dye stamps come out with non-obtainable dyes, have it unlock the dye permanently? Would be awesome for armor dying, too. Current example would be the Red, White and Blue dye stamps for the upcoming U.S. holiday. If it means paying a little more for that dye stamp, then so be it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror

[Edit to remove bait]
Edited by [Deleted User] on July 1, 2017 5:25PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep if you buy something you should be able to use it more than once , this format stops me from buying more
  • FLL200C
    FLL200C
    ✭✭
    The dyes are not store exclusive; you can get any of the colors via achievement awards in game; with ESO+ you can dye your armor/costume as much as you want with any color combination you want. For ESO+ members there's no need to buy dye stamps from the store :-)
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLL200C wrote: »
    The dyes are not store exclusive; you can get any of the colors via achievement awards in game; with ESO+ you can dye your armor/costume as much as you want with any color combination you want. For ESO+ members there's no need to buy dye stamps from the store :-)

During the Witches Festival there was an exclusive orange color that could not be obtained in-game, Jester's Festival an exclusive purple, an exclusive gold recently and right now exclusive white, red and blue dyes.

[Edit to remove flame]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 1, 2017 5:26PM
  • FLL200C
    FLL200C
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, didn't realize they'd changed the formula with the dye stamps, when they first came out there were no exclusive colors. l and I don't even bother looking at dye stamps since there are more than enough colors in game to keep me busy. There are 176+ dyes available in game; Im sure you can approximate the look of the "exclusive" dyes in the crown store without wasting real life money. Besides, chances are the "exclusive" dyes are simply dyes renamed to make them "exclusive". Patriot's blood is probably Pact blood red, immaculate white is probably Julianos White, and True Blue probably Covenant Blue..... or close enough that the human eye could never tell the difference.

[Edit to remove reference of removed content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 1, 2017 5:27PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO plus members get monthly crowns that can be used to buy the dye stamps; non members buy crowns separately. These exclusive crown store dye colors aren't any different than buying any other limited time recolored item in the crown store.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • DahliaNight
    DahliaNight
    ✭✭✭
    How about no, just like eveyone else I think eso plus members should buy and use those dyes separately. Maybe it would've be better if you said "When you buy dye stamps eso plus members or otherwise we should be able to use those dyes separately and keep them unlocked. And to be quite Frank eso plus members get much more than thay deserve with eso plus seeing how you get the 1,500 crowns back anyway.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That Immaculate White looks brighter than any of the whites I have unlocked. I'd like to be able to use it on all my equipment and costumes. I'd pay up to 1500 crowns for it.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I agree. That Immaculate White looks brighter than any of the whites I have unlocked. I'd like to be able to use it on all my equipment and costumes. I'd pay up to 1500 crowns for it.

Indeed! The blue appears to be the most vibrant blue too.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove/alter some content due to baiting and flaming, which are both against the Forum Rules. For the continuation of this thread please be sure to remain civil and respectful towards your fellow community members to avoid derailing the thread with unneeded insults.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would pay to unlock Patriots' Blood permanently. We finally get a red dye that's actually red, and it's locked behind a dye stamp..ugh.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do dye stamps work? Can we just use one color from a stamp or does the stamp work as one unit, dying all your armor/clothes at once?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    How do dye stamps work? Can we just use one color from a stamp or does the stamp work as one unit, dying all your armor/clothes at once?

They're one-time use and fill all 3 dye channels. They also can't be used for armor.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're one-time use and fill all 3 dye channels. They also can't be used for armor.
    That sucks. Thanks, you saved me some money.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hm...thanks.

guess i'll have to pass on that one. :/
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree to purchaseable dyes that are permanently unlocked after buying them. I thought Crown Store dyes worked like ingame dyes, but nope. They're one-time use and not for armor, so I will never be buying Crown Store dye stamps.

I really like the red, white, and blue colors up for sale now. The red and blue are really vibrant, and there's finally a white that's a truer white without gray tints. I'd buy them without question if they were permanently added to my ingame dye pallete, and they worked just like ingame dyes, so I could dye armor as well as clothing.

ZOS, make dyes like this, and you can have more of my $$$$$$$.

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Dye stamps are a complete waste of money as they are now
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i bought a couple of "stamps" not realizing it was a 1 time use. I'm not even sure its mentioned in the description of the item, anyhow i bought 2 stamps thinking i could die my armor a combination of the colors... boy was i wrong and disappointing on so many levels.

I would mind a temporary "well" that you put the stamps in that you could use in any combo for a week. but that pre-stamped bit is BS IMO and its really the only thing i have NOT enjoyed in the CS.
  • JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    Hello
    Since this thread was mentioning dyes, I thought I would explain my anger at ZOS. I am annoyed!
    I do not spend crowns much but thought I would get into the Halloween spirit. I purchased the Pumpkin Spectre for some fun, next to it ZOS offers an orange dye. It says for 'Hats and Costumes' so to the average individual with common sense (not something most academics have) I purchased this thinking I could dye my pumpkin head orange instead of the yellowish colour it comes with.
    Also thought I could dye the whole character with it.
    The purchase in no way whatsoever said you need eso membership to use this at time of purchase. Since my purchase, I have also learnt that even if I could have used the dye I could only use it once! WHAT!
    In addition, I accidentally purchased it twice!
    Therefore, 400 crowns wasted on a colour dye x2 sitting in my inventory unusable.
    Sorry ZOS but this really has to be against trading standards.
    ZOS seem to operate like no one can touch them!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnDoggett: yes, dying costumes is a feature only for people who subscribe with ESO+. At least you can put the dyes in your bank and save them for if you ever decide to subscribe. Also, on a rare occasion, ZOS decides to give people free ESO+ access for a while as a promotion, to encourage people to subscribe. When this happens, you'll be able to use those dyes for your costumes during the promotion, so you might want to keep them for another few months in case they do a free ESO+ week again.
  • JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    JohnDoggett: yes, dying costumes is a feature only for people who subscribe with ESO+. At least you can put the dyes in your bank and save them for if you ever decide to subscribe. Also, on a rare occasion, ZOS decides to give people free ESO+ access for a while as a promotion, to encourage people to subscribe. When this happens, you'll be able to use those dyes for your costumes during the promotion, so you might want to keep them for another few months in case they do a free ESO+ week again.

Thanks for the advice appreciate it. Feeling a bit swindled at the moment.
    Regarding ZOS, I am still shocked that they can openly sell stuff like this without any confirmation next to the product to make sure you understand the products intended use. 'Hat and Costume' to me just meant what my character is wearing.
    Yes, I have heard people saying that all is written in the patch updates, but it is not correct having to read patch notes to protect you for future purchases. I do not read patch notes, as frankly they have no use to me, I just play the game whatever. Therefore, when this happened I must say I feel I want to publically shame ZOS. I am sure if trading standards new this they would force ZOS to correct and make sure info and warnings are where they should be!
    I wonder what else I might purchase that I can't use!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m of the opinion that anything purchased with real money for cosmetic enhancements, shouldn’t be a one time use item.
    I agree, however, the way it’s setup, it may be more appropriate to ask that the crown dyes are palette unlocks for armor and costumes based on the ingame pallets at dye stations.

This may make the feedback more likely....hopefully
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    I find the bigger issue isn't that the colors are only crown exclusive, but moreso that they are stamp exclusive. If the color you want is paired with ones you don't, or you use multiple different colors throughout your costume/hat setup you're kind of screwed. I'd like access to the nice orange, purple etc without having to use the other colors they are paired with. Not particularly concerned with how that would happen.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sgtmeg wrote: »
    I find the bigger issue isn't that the colors are only crown exclusive, but moreso that they are stamp exclusive. If the color you want is paired with ones you don't, or you use multiple different colors throughout your costume/hat setup you're kind of screwed. I'd like access to the nice orange, purple etc without having to use the other colors they are paired with. Not particularly concerned with how that would happen.

I'm sure this may be part of it BUT....we know the colors exist so even if they aren't show on the default palette, in some way, they should be made available. Ideally the pallete design isn't worth a dang anyways.

PC is better than console but for me trying to match existing colors is a nightmare in how it makes you go back and forth...and back and forth but you can't do this using a random without removing a prior. Its would benefit from an overall redesign with this included.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got stamps with a set of items (starters package maybe). Tried them though I didn't like the colors much. But it made me aware of how they work, and as such made sure I would never buy any ever.

Luckily I found it out soon enough to warn a friend I just got talked into joining the game, not to spend her 500 new account gems on a stamp. She was all excited to get a cool orange. Her enthusiasm froze when I told her how the stamp work. And now she still has the 500 gems. I know if she bought it and tried it on her only costume and it worked as it does, she would gotten off on a bad start into the game, disappointed, as costuming and dying gear is one of her favorite things in an mmo..

The way they work is not intuitive. Most people I spoke unknown with them seem to think that at that price they must be permanent unlocks, but for costumes instead of gear. Reading the inscription carefully. So you have a way to dye costumes as non eso+ and it would actually make sence for the amount of crowns they cost. Unfortunately no.

I think ZOS should put in bold letters, one time use consumable, costume only also for non ESO+ with it to avoid disappointed and annoyed/angry costumers.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a dye once too, mistakenly believing that I'd be able to use it repeatedly. Lesson learn't.