Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When proc sets get nerfed

• Ray Dm
    Ray Dm
    ✭✭
    I keep hearing about a nerf hammer coming to proc sets, and because I hear this from other players of eso, it may very well just be a rumor that started from some other eso player/s.
    Can anyone show me any evidence of this nerf please? Also, if this nerf really is true, how does zos plan to actually address the proc set issue exactly?
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Forum Proc set is OP, should be changed.

"Every 4 seconds, a person dies in Cyro, comes to the forum and complains about it. You have a 100% chance of this happening"

Tries to hide the proc meta with silly jokes
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    You and your ilk will find something else to cry about. Companies that cater to the vocal minority end up outputting water down generic MMO's that lack challenge and get most of their gasp moments from graphical improvements not challenging gameplay.

Proc sets do exactly what you apparently don't want. They water down the skill gap in the MMO so bad players can compete with the good. Resulting in an overall lack of a challenge because hey, you can just spam light attack and give off an instant 6k damage.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    My personal ideas for some of the proc-sets (because that´s what some sets needs: Individual treatment, not a global *** fix that won´t solve anything):

* Tremorscale: Rework so that players aren´t considered "tauntable". Increase the damage to compensate so that tremorscale can be somewhat viable in PvE for those tanks that want to do some damage.

* Viper: Make this set an actual proc-set (100% chance every 4 seconds isn´t a proc-set). Make it so that you have 8% chance to do X amount of damage on direct melee damage, can occur every 7-8 seconds.

* Selenes: Reduce the proc-chance and lower the damage significantly.

And what about RM, Veli, Skoria, Grothdar, Widowmaker, Pirate? Just the ones I can think of atm. @Qbiken
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    My personal ideas for some of the proc-sets (because that´s what some sets needs: Individual treatment, not a global *** fix that won´t solve anything):

* Tremorscale: Rework so that players aren´t considered "tauntable". Increase the damage to compensate so that tremorscale can be somewhat viable in PvE for those tanks that want to do some damage.

* Viper: Make this set an actual proc-set (100% chance every 4 seconds isn´t a proc-set). Make it so that you have 8% chance to do X amount of damage on direct melee damage, can occur every 7-8 seconds.

And what about RM, Veli, Skoria, Grothdar, Widowmaker, Pirate? Just the ones I can think of atm. @Qbiken

I think skoria is fairly balanced since you´re forced to run dots for it to proc (the design of how the procset work is balanced). If the damage is to high then it can be reduced I´ve no problem with that. Regarding the other sets that you mention I´ve no ideas/proposed changes to since I haven´t given them much thought. As I said in my original comment "my personal idea for some procsets",
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »
    1 v 1 procblades are manageable. Block their burst. if they fear break free asap and heal/roll dodge. it's quite difficult to fight more than one tho especially if ur not playing really tanky Proc stacking needs to be looked at though. The worst part is the proc stacking stamblades think they are good. I get tea bagged the most by these guys I don't even say a word to them or /emote over their bodies. EVER.

So when I do this successfully (hopefully fear doesn't bug out and I can CC break immediately), I sitting at about 2/3 health and 2/3 stamina on my stamplar, while the NB is setting up to run the combo again. The response prevents death, but you are still at a huge disadvantage.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 v 1 procblades are manageable. Block their burst. if they fear break free asap and heal/roll dodge. it's quite difficult to fight more than one tho especially if ur not playing really tanky Proc stacking needs to be looked at though. The worst part is the proc stacking stamblades think they are good. I get tea bagged the most by these guys I don't even say a word to them or /emote over their bodies. EVER.

So when I do this successfully (hopefully fear doesn't bug out and I can CC break immediately), I sitting at about 2/3 health and 2/3 stamina on my stamplar, while the NB is setting up to run the combo again. The response prevents death, but you are still at a huge disadvantage.

You are right. It's a matter of luck sometimes honestly. U should always be mostly or at full ultimate when wandering around so you can try ulti bombing or maybe even popping a lingering health pot (I actually found those to be super useful). Not a 100% success rate but I find my strategy to be most useful for myself.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right. It's a matter of luck sometimes honestly. U should always be mostly or at full ultimate when wandering around so you can try ulti bombing or maybe even popping a lingering health pot (I actually found those to be super useful). Not a 100% success rate but I find my strategy to be most useful for myself.

Which is a really horrible gaming experience and excruciatingly polarizing and induces pigeonholing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Scyantific wrote: »
    They either need to add a global cooldown to damage proc sets (because they better not touch stuff like Kena/Ravager), or they need to make all direct damage proc-sets work on a condition (i.e. must be using DoTs for Skoria, weapon skills for Red Mountain/Way of the Fire). As far as Tremorscale goes, pick either the damage or the snare, can't have both on the set.

I would like to add a condition to Viper stating that it only procs when the target is CC'd. This would not allow Viper to proc more than you can get CC'd and require impeccable timing.

Incapstrike (stun) > Viper > Selenes/Velindreth > Execute
    Still OP

That would be the point... You couldn't proc it again until the target could be CC'd. The burst is working as it should, the issue is the sustain.

70% of that damage is from armor sets, thats not how you should be killing people.

So when you run those vet pledges, I assume you're doing so without any armor on. Right? Because according to your statement, wearing armor gives you an unfair advantage.

Its not nice to be unfair.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoohoo4411 wrote: »
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Scyantific wrote: »
    They either need to add a global cooldown to damage proc sets (because they better not touch stuff like Kena/Ravager), or they need to make all direct damage proc-sets work on a condition (i.e. must be using DoTs for Skoria, weapon skills for Red Mountain/Way of the Fire). As far as Tremorscale goes, pick either the damage or the snare, can't have both on the set.

I would like to add a condition to Viper stating that it only procs when the target is CC'd. This would not allow Viper to proc more than you can get CC'd and require impeccable timing.

Incapstrike (stun) > Viper > Selenes/Velindreth > Execute
    Still OP

That would be the point... You couldn't proc it again until the target could be CC'd. The burst is working as it should, the issue is the sustain.

70% of that damage is from armor sets, thats not how you should be killing people.

So when you run those vet pledges, I assume you're doing so without any armor on. Right? Because according to your statement, wearing armor gives you an unfair advantage.

Its not nice to be unfair.

Armor doing dmg by itself is unfair.

Armor boosting your skills damage which you then use yourself is fine.

Currently on my stamina warden i invasion someone for 3k then 3.5-4k viper proc and a oblivion proc.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't nerf proc sets at all just remove them from pvp!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Honorable guy. I used to be like you, then I took a tripleproc to the knee. Now I emote them after their failed attempts to proc me down.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a DC nightblade wearing Selenes, Vipers, and Red Mountain using double poison enchants that hangs between Alessia Bridge and Sej all night popping people as they go by.

I bet he thinks he's actually good.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a DC nightblade wearing Selenes, Vipers, and Red Mountain using double poison enchants that hangs between Alessia Bridge and Sej all night popping people as they go by.

Do you ever stop to think that the player may be just enjoyimg himself roleplaying an assassin rather then thinking hes a good player? Like common.. do you really think this game takes skill? The only skill in this game is more so the know how and your ability to adapt every patch and still perform well... which still isnt all that hard.

Eso is not hard. Its mechanics are not even complicated compared to WoW raiding. Its pvp is just a blender compared to somthing like LoL or HotS where teamplay/soloplay are actually skill based.

That nightblade sounds like someone i would want to play with.

PS4 NA DC
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the base game actually takes quite a bit of skill and even in this current state there's big team play moments to be had. Play 1v1 against other good players with reasonable gear restriction, it's pretty much an entirely different (imo more fun) game.

The balance takes away from this though and makes this game mostly what you describe.

But yea there are a lot of egos built around viper Selene troll king etc. I've played with much humbler people in masters/GM overwatch etc. other really truly competitive games.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Aww did a proc sets touch you in the booty?

I'm kidding but just think about if they didn't exist in the current game. Who kills magsorcs most of the time? And why is it mostly just stamblades?

A sorc can outshield every other classes dps besides stamblade because they can fear them and burst their shields and MAYBE then kill them after that.

A world without stamblades running proc sets is a sorcs world until they nerf sorc.

and this is exactly what we saw in homestead^

Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »

I think skoria is fairly balanced since you´re forced to run dots for it to proc (the design of how the procset work is balanced). If the damage is to high then it can be reduced I´ve no problem with that. Regarding the other sets that you mention I´ve no ideas/proposed changes to since I haven´t given them much thought. As I said in my original comment "my personal idea for some procsets",

your right scoria required DoT, Red mountain requires weapon skills, viper requires melee, sheer venom requires an execute. They all require specifics to be met for them to work. Now what i think you mean is "Its a mag proc set so I'm cool with it" :wink::smiley:
    I'm just playing though, i don't see an issue with proc sets. @a1i3nz nailed it right on the head, with proc sets gone its a mag sorcs world.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you ever stop to think that the player may be just enjoyimg himself roleplaying an assassin rather then thinking hes a good player? Like common.. do you really think this game takes skill? The only skill in this game is more so the know how and your ability to adapt every patch and still perform well... which still isnt all that hard.

Eso is not hard. Its mechanics are not even complicated compared to WoW raiding. Its pvp is just a blender compared to somthing like LoL or HotS where teamplay/soloplay are actually skill based.

That nightblade sounds like someone i would want to play with.

yeah thats exactly what I think about everytime i see him.....same thoughts for those using crutch addons to tell them when to dodge my projectiles...even if they dont see them....
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think eso mechanics are really skillful as a base but it has been balanced to be an uneven Rock Paper Scissors. I still have fun though but hey guys good news, pts patch next week will it be the mythical proc set nerf?!
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like proc sets but why are people so concerned about them when there are much deeper issues happening. I will just leave this here:

Actually, it is cheat engine. Someone who shall remain nameless that I pvp with a fair amount told me exactly how it works, how easy it is to set up and how to remain under the radar. You can dial up any stats you want. We have seen popular streamers do this. Just imagine you have 30k health, 40k stamina, 40k magicka, 3k stam and magick regen and 6k health regen for starters. It would appear as though you take little to no damage and when you do your health pops back to full with a thrown in vigor etc. Check out twitch and you will see what im saying. Unkillable? certainly not ..... the unkillable guys are known as ragehackers and they usually get banned. But some of the people that we claim to be good and can 1vx vs 3-4 legit players (not potatoes) are absolutely cheating. It is absolutely going on and the most malicious ones are going under the radar as 'great' players.

Edit: I have since canceled my eso plus subscription in lieu of this information. I know I am behind the times as this has been going on for years but it has only recently come to light for me.

Edit 2: I cannot speak to the validity of the macros but I have had a few deaths with 5-6 skills seemingly going off within 1 second. I chalked it up to lag but who knows. There is just too much of this game on the client side I think.

And as far as botters go, yes they are an issue and mainly affect the economy. However, I have a far bigger issue with people exploiting pvp and maelstrom arena end game content.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rayste wrote: »
    I don't like proc sets but why are people so concerned about them when there are much deeper issues happening. I will just leave this here:

Actually, it is cheat engine. Someone who shall remain nameless that I pvp with a fair amount told me exactly how it works, how easy it is to set up and how to remain under the radar. You can dial up any stats you want. We have seen popular streamers do this. Just imagine you have 30k health, 40k stamina, 40k magicka, 3k stam and magick regen and 6k health regen for starters. It would appear as though you take little to no damage and when you do your health pops back to full with a thrown in vigor etc. Check out twitch and you will see what im saying. Unkillable? certainly not ..... the unkillable guys are known as ragehackers and they usually get banned. But some of the people that we claim to be good and can 1vx vs 3-4 legit players (not potatoes) are absolutely cheating. It is absolutely going on and the most malicious ones are going under the radar as 'great' players.

Edit: I have since canceled my eso plus subscription in lieu of this information. I know I am behind the times as this has been going on for years but it has only recently come to light for me.

Edit 2: I cannot speak to the validity of the macros but I have had a few deaths with 5-6 skills seemingly going off within 1 second. I chalked it up to lag but who knows. There is just too much of this game on the client side I think.

And as far as botters go, yes they are an issue and mainly affect the economy. However, I have a far bigger issue with people exploiting pvp and maelstrom arena end game content.

I duno about cheat engine though I just like... I've never ran into unkillables with strange resource management, maybe these guys only turn it on for potatos? Because I'm pretty sure the pvpers who really pay attention to everything (try hards like me basically) would recognize subtle things that aren't supposed to be happening. But I cyro and bg alot and duel random people including other try-hards some of who are better than me and none of them do anything I feel like I can't do myself with the sets they are wearing.

As for macros, I have a guild mate that is particularly good at this as he only plays stam DK and 1 variation of it and has mastered it to reflexes, and he can easily weave in 4 (sometimes 5) attacks in 1 second. Also if you pay REALLY close attention to the combat log you will see that this is indeed an MMORPG and that means some latency. What you see on your screen doesn't always reflect what you see on your screen because within 1 second there will easily be 4-5 heals and 4-5 damage effects that all tick within 1 second. Really good animation cancelling (and it IS a skill man I am by no means as good as my guild mate but he's been teaching me and I'm getting better through practice = definition of skill) exists, it's just hard to see today because proc meta = simple bar set ups and simple bursts that don't require good chaining of light attack, abilities and weapon swaps.
  • MikeMeezy77
    Are there any nightblades in BG that are not running Viper or Selene? Yea I get it you have to fight fire with fire, if they nerf proc sets it seems the nigntblade will be hurting significantly. I don't play a NB anymore but that's just my prediction.
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they never need anything again or mess with it any more. It's been years. It's time to lock the game. Could you imagine if the people that made mortal kombat were like "oh...sub zero and scorpion r op...nerf the ice and chains..." no because that's what would make the game suck just like the constant nerfs make this game suck, lock it in place before you screw it up any more. ZOS is clearly incompetent though so sigh I'm sure we r going to be dealing with more stupid decisions moving forward.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought of procsets as a counter for shield stacking. If they nerf procsets, I hope they tone down shield stacking as well.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think once proc sets are nerfed I will turn my attention to Eternal Hunt to stop stamblades running away from their failed ganks because they lost their proc sets.
    The future is looking bright my friends.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    Can't wait to see garbage tiers get instantly exposed.

Particularly joyful will be the "stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced" tears that are sure to come when you can't global 12k damage off an ambush

Share your hopes and dreams before they are dashed to the ground by ZOS

Don't worry. We will find at least 3 other ways of insta-kill 75% of players.
    Today we have more than one way of ganking.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers stoke my bike!
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »

Particularly joyful will be the "stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced" tears that are sure to come when you can't global 12k damage off an ambush

no, u wont...becuz they will also nerf sum of ur gank abilities, rightly deserved, u shouldn't be able to kill someone before he even sees u....
    my soorc will have a field day with you lot ...
  • firegodx
    firegodx
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    Nemeliom wrote: »

no, u wont...becuz they will also nerf sum of ur gank abilities, rightly deserved, u shouldn't be able to kill someone before he even sees u....
    my soorc will have a field day with you lot ...

They will nerf ganking? Or you hope they will lol. Any evidence to back up your claim?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced

that is very true, stamina nightblades really are weak, we die easy and we dont do alot of damage unless we hit you from Gank and do all we can in under 3 seconds.
    because as soon as people get out of our damage spam they heal up and kill us.

so your statement is true:
    "stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced"

That's only true in a heavy armor meta. against light or medium armor targets stamblades are very strong proc sets or not

and so funny and sad at once because heavya rmor meta expended while started proc sets meta ehh...and now because of this heavy armor meta rest players who not heavy armor are forced to use proc sets because as they dont have enough survivability ( except cloak if it work which you will see 95% medium armor players are just NB) and also they dont have enough damage with burst to kill heavy armored players and not die before :|