Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've been told that Templar is the worst class for PvP...

• kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    pc eu no cp: top 3: sorc, nb and warden lol. then sorc and another nb, then 2 templar wow. then 2 nb, sorc, dk, and woohoo another templar. overall gotta say surprised that in top 100 there is 19 templar. more than i expected.

Everybody who play 24/7 can climb to Nr.1 of the PvP Leaderboard... Isnt important, which class he plays. For sure sorcs and nightblades can maybe do easier solo AP, but Templar are strong in groupplay!

yeah. as an healbots.

climbing leaderboards, so. top 100, i would argue they all play pretty competively there the easiest ap making classes will be on lead, and on pc eu and na sorcs and nb:s dominate. both trigger potential being so fecking high while being near unkillable and cheese beyond swisscheese level.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys, why Grothdar over Skoria?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc eu no cp: top 3: sorc, nb and warden lol. then sorc and another nb, then 2 templar wow. then 2 nb, sorc, dk, and woohoo another templar. overall gotta say surprised that in top 100 there is 19 templar. more than i expected.

Everybody who play 24/7 can climb to Nr.1 of the PvP Leaderboard... Isnt important, which class he plays. For sure sorcs and nightblades can maybe do easier solo AP, but Templar are strong in groupplay!

yeah. as an healbots.

climbing leaderboards, so. top 100, i would argue they all play pretty competively there the easiest ap making classes will be on lead, and on pc eu and na sorcs and nb:s dominate. both trigger potential being so fecking high while being near unkillable and cheese beyond swisscheese level.

Best AP you do in a fast smallscale group with a light armor weared Magicka Templar. You can heal your buddies and do damage to your opponents. You can do most AP...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to hit all spears on the enemy
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    it's not like radiant destruction has completely gone away...
    RV8GgsW.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get kills with any character. Why people call magplars the weakest is bcz; (excluding wardens bc I know very little about them)

they fall behind sorcs, magblades, and all stamina classes in burst.

Their passives are just as bad if not worse than dragon knights

They have the worst ultimates for pvp and solo play.

They have no real way to disengage a fight.

Once Templars are fighting they don't have any skills that immediately help them with resource management. Soo if you get into a good 1v1 fight, as a templar you are at a disadvantage bc of attrition.

Most the things that they can do, sorcs can do better. Usually when I play my templar I start the day/night off with every intention of solo play but after awhile i usually end up just following a group and being a back row beamplar healer.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on July 2, 2017 4:43PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem i see with magplars are the skills are so expensive and do much less damage compared to other classes so you really have to keep the pressure up.

Sweeps is a great skill, but if your fighting a root spammer then you just lost your main dps skill.

Dark flare does some great damage, but is slow, interupptable, and you will never hit a good player with it unless they are in the middle of a group. The time it takes for dark flare i can get off a reflective light and 3 force pulses so its just not worth the time for something that will probably miss.

Dont get me wrong i love my magplar, but it just gets harder for it to be competitive with top players. Its great at mashing potatoes though XD

In the mean time i am melting people with my magden even though everyone says they are so terrible.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    You can get kills with any character. Why people call magplars the weakest is bcz; (excluding wardens bc I know very little about them)

Once Templars are fighting they don't have any skills that immediately help them with resource management. Soo if you get into a good 1v1 fight, as a templar you are at a disadvantage bc of attrition.

Most the things that they can do, sorcs can do better. Usually when I play my templar I start the day/night off with every intention of solo play but after awhile i usually end up just following a group and being a back row beamplar healer.

Being a Breton templar in light armor means you'll get three stats for spell cost reduction and spell resistance.

So you'll be at 30k spell resistance after buffs and your major spells at 3k cost leaving you to put all DMG enchants and run thief stone if you feel comfortable.

Hit a Dawn's wraith spell and get minor sorcery buff. Use entropy for major sorcery buff + get ulti gen from using puryfing light (which is cheap and ignores reflects so you're gaurenteed keeping yourself safe from reflects while gaining buffs liberally).

Then use speed pots for mobility + Stam/mag major recovery buffs. Dodge roll + purge to get away from snare spam.

What sorcs can't do better, is remove dot pressure off their shields or remove cost poisons. Making LA templars able to use one shield to make their hots/BoL heal more effective when pressured. We also get a minor protection buff on a spamable cheap rune that boosts healing received as well.

Magplar > mag Sorc (if you can close the distance effectively.)
    Edited by Minno on July 2, 2017 5:22PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Being a Breton templar in light armor means you'll get three stats for spell cost reduction and spell resistance.

So you'll be at 30k spell resistance after buffs and your major spells at 3k cost leaving you to put all DMG enchants and run thief stone if you feel comfortable.

Hit a Dawn's wraith spell and get minor sorcery buff. Use entropy for major sorcery buff + get ulti gen from using puryfing light (which is cheap and ignores reflects so you're gaurenteed keeping yourself safe from reflects while gaining buffs liberally).

Then use speed pots for mobility + Stam/mag major recovery buffs. Dodge roll + purge to get away from snare spam.

What sorcs can't do better, is remove dot pressure off their shields or remove cost poisons. Making LA templars able to use one shield to make their hots/BoL heal more effective when pressured. We also get a minor protection buff on a spamable cheap rune that boosts healing received as well.

I don't follow you....

I do agree that magplars have passives that give them buffs and I agree that we do have a class purge.

I just don't understand the rest. Being a Breton is not templar specific but yes it can synergies well with templar buffs. Drinking a potion, dodge roll, and entropy are not templar specific.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just not.. Magplar makes fun to play, but is actually one of the weakest playable 1vs1 classes.. Only against Mag Dk you are a kind of counterpart. Very good staminaplayer will allways kill you.. and other Magicka classes have more efficient Burst in reason of good cc..
    Explain me Templar CC.. only with cc you able to kill good player..
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Animation + cost + hard to hit + bugs... we have a templar
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't follow you....

I do agree that magplars have passives that give them buffs and I agree that we do have a class purge.

I just don't understand the rest. Being a Breton is not templar specific but yes it can synergies well with templar buffs. Drinking a potion, dodge roll, and entropy are not templar specific.

We get easily accessible minor buffs that don't interfere with the major buffs. So if we pull other easily accessible sources, we can get what we need to be effective. Same for finding ultimates we need to be effective and adding much needed burst via Skoria monster helm. That is the Templar way sadly.

Purge+ Restoring Focus+ purfying light+burst healing without a resto staff are what make a magplar effective. We can purge off abilities and debuffs that force other classes to reposition, apply a group dmg burst that can also heal you if the enemy tried to push you, we get 8% DMG mitigation for 6-8 seconds after leaving the rune focus, and we can hit bol on an offensive bar to give us a 10k+ heal without swapping to an ugly resto staff.

There's strengths to a Templar, aside from being easily killed by proc sets that no other class can counter anyway, that I feel do better than a NB or Sorc in PvP. But then again, I can make my Templar move while others are still following the HA meta.

Edited by Minno on July 3, 2017 2:31PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor protection and minor vitality morph of focus are only useful for stamina builds. Even then not really because it costs almost double.

As a magic toon, you have to sacrifice 480 magic recovery just to get those other buffs....i dont see many templars who are suffering with regen take that morph
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't used the recovery rune in ages, prefer the mitigation and extra healing because I always ran low regen so sustaining isn't a problem
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't used the recovery rune in ages, prefer the mitigation and extra healing because I always ran low regen so sustaining isn't a problem

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Minor protection and minor vitality morph of focus are only useful for stamina builds. Even then not really because it costs almost double.

As a magic toon, you have to sacrifice 480 magic recovery just to get those other buffs....i dont see many templars who are suffering with regen take that morph

That morph has merits and you can't go wrong with either morphs. But if you can pull a build together that can get 1500 Regen, it's possible to swap to the Restoring Focus morph for more defense against melee Stam builds.

I use it because I'm in LA running dampen Magicka; 8% healing+8% DMG reduced makes it feel less painful to run LA. And it helps that we aren't as mobile as sorcs+NB to run a defensive ability like that.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good points. Higher real regen is nice to swap the morphs, i may try it out for a bit. Im a nord so the regen morph is great for helping my already lacking sustain, but the mitigation morph might be great to stack with my passives....i think ill respec and try it out
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always run resto staff anyway, and somtimes even run equilibrium.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Very good points. Higher real regen is nice to swap the morphs, i may try it out for a bit. Im a nord so the regen morph is great for helping my already lacking sustain, but the mitigation morph might be great to stack with my passives....i think ill respec and try it out

Since your Nord, it makes sense you are running the Regen morph. You really can't go wrong with either of those morphs lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have arguably the most useless skill in the game in solar barrage.

And another bottom 10 skill in healing ritual. I just can't find a time that this skill is preferred over bol.

Templars have weak ultimates for killing players in pvp.

Templars are tied with dragon knights for having bad passives.

Templars really do need some love on some of their laughably weak skills.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing major mending from a class that's meant to have it is a joke.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have arguably the most useless skill in the game in solar barrage.

And another bottom 10 skill in healing ritual. I just can't find a time that this skill is preferred over bol.

Templars have weak ultimates for killing players in pvp.

Templars are tied with dragon knights for having bad passives.

Templars really do need some love on some of their laughably weak skills.

It is a useless skill, for PvP. It's for casual pve.

Healing ritual is best used when you can Los +escape. Or by healers to replace healing springs. Never intended to replace a strong instant burst heal.

Empowering sweeps is the only useful skill in PvP. 75 cost, 15% mitigation outside of major/minor buffs, low burst but can be paired with another lower cost ultimate to give you higher ulti upticls. Dot DMG procs skoria. So not all Templar ultimates are useless. Other morph does extra DMG but DB is better for physical DMG.

Templar passives: extra DMG on blocking targets, extra blocking mitigation on melee attackers, burning light = extra DMG, reduced costs on ultimates/mag/Stam skills, minor sorcery on Dawn wraith use, extra ulti generation on Dawn wraith skill use, resto passives give you minor mending + up to 12% extra healing based on your health bar.

We lost minor mending, but with that extra 12% passive (assuming you reliably get 4%), use Restoring Focus for 8% extra healing received, and minor mending, that means you'll get 20% extra healing that takes a little thinking to achieve. If you want to complain about losing 5% healing, think about how much that loss is (5% of a 10k BoL tooltip heal is 500 health lol).

Templars are fine, aside from buggy skills and a few abilities that don't have a purpose. You just need to be creative in where you take a Templar build.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss crescent sweeps
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people say Magplars have low burst. My current build for BG's have 1650 Spell Power, and 24k Magicka. Yet i will burst anyone for 20k health in 2 cooldowns.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    I miss crescent sweeps

We all miss mag CS :(
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Funny how people say Magplars have low burst. My current build for BG's have 1650 Spell Power, and 24k Magicka. Yet i will burst anyone for 20k health in 2 cooldowns.

2400+ Spelldamage, 11,5k+ Penetration, 38k Magicka and 50% krit in CP PvP.. you know like my enemies feel.. (unbuffed stats)
    Edited by DeHei on July 6, 2017 5:08PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2400+ Spelldamage, 11,5k+ Penetration, 38k Magicka and 50% krit in CP PvP.. you know like my enemies feel.. (unbuffed stats)

how the hell do you get those numbers...i'm struggling to get to 2k Spelldamage and 40% crit
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

how the hell do you get those numbers...i'm struggling to get to 2k Spelldamage and 40% crit

By having low regen xD
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over 4k spell damage and over 1700 mag recovery (health and recovery food) with 12k penetration with 2 proc sets and I can tell you that Templars are lacking.

5xs rattlecage 3 jewellery 2 weapon
    5xs overwhelming
    2xs skoria

Front bar
    Sweeps, radiant aura, ritual of ret, radiant magelight, reflective light and reviving barrier.

Back bar
    Jesus beam, javelin , honor the dead, power of light, accelerated drain and soul assault

For range- Lead with my reflective light, power of light, javelin then soul assault then Jesus beam. The channels make it not bursty enough

My opponent usually a sorc or stamina character can out shield it or outheal it.

Edited by Drdeath20 on July 6, 2017 9:46PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

By having low regen xD

That could have worked last patch, but now, with cost reduction CP and recovery CP nerfed, you can't really use 2 damage sets, and still go full spell damage enchants on jewelry. You either sacrifice one of the sets for a sustain one, or sacrifice 2/3 damage enchants for cost reduction or magicka recovery. I've found 1.5-1.8K recovery being optimal on my Templar, with 5/1/1 setup and a bit more cost reduction from racial skills.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |