Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Thanks Zenimax

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    $80 is a lot of money but you are gambling. That is how it kinda works.

Everyone knows it's a gamble; you guys don't have to keep saying that. All people are suggesting is that the odds improve a little in our favor, especially considering the crates seem much more stacked against us than before.

The odds are low. We all know the odds are low.

And whatever the odds are, there will be outlier results where people do better than expected and results where people do worse.

If you don't like that, don't buy the crates. As long as people throw money at crates, they will continue to put exclusives in them.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Hollery wrote: »
    ZoS loves RNG in general
    Except, 15 Nix Hounds out of 20 crates is *not* RNG, it's obviously heavily weighted towards certain items ...
    dry.gif

You do not understand random numbers. Random numbers have runs. Especially when so many people are opening them. There are going to be people who get results like that.

You are like someone who flipped a coin, got heads, and now says that coins are heavily weighted towards heads. Your singular anecdote tells us nothing.

Also, no one ever said that all items have equal probability. It is far more likely that certain items have lower probability.
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    I'm currently trying for the special ebon dwarven senche and possibly the Adamat dwarven horse...I'd settle for one or the other though : )

Same here, but I gave up on it after spending exactly too much money on the attempts; nothing unaffordable, but getting sad or angry every time I open a box isn't a good way to play. I got the vitrine wolf multiple times, and after #6, I took it as a sign to throw in the towel. Hopefully the ebon senche in particular comes back in some form later so I can have it, because I doubt it'll be a lucky pull from the free crates they're about to dish out.

It really sucks, because I've always gotten the wolf, bear, horse, and senche mounts from the crates, but since I can't get the senche and horse for this one... So much for collecting. My pocket book is pretty firmly shut from now on because my collection will never be satisfactorily complete anymore, so unless something absolutely knocks my socks off... Oh well.

I totally understand...when I first began buying these, it was not a very happy time for me. I needed to get at least one wild hunt mount, and now here I am with these dwarven mounts. I was thinking of buying one of the houses that I really like, but ended up buying more crown crates instead lol. I told myself no more about 15 crates ago, and somehow I end up talking myself back onto the plank, to take the plunge. Honestly, I don't have too many hobbies, besides being in the Eso world. So, I might just get a set or 2 more of the crates, but that's it...the 3 limited edition ones are all very cool. You're lucky to have the vitrine wolf. I know it's a long shot, but I truly hope you have some good luck with the free crates! You never know, you could get really lucky : )
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping that these special edition mounts end up being available for the 400 crown gem price.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queo wrote: »
    For the people who keep saying, "Stop telling people thats its gambling", no you stop. IT IS GAMBLING. Frankly, I'm glad that ZoS can make money this way. As long as people are willing to gamble, or spend money on houses they wont feel the need, the urge to make sh!#* like uber drop gears that needs a 50 dollar CS item that has to be unlocked. You have rotten luck with the RNG, so what, get over it. You made a choice to gamble for something and it didn't work out. its like going to a raffle and buying tickets and not winning. Are you going to go up and say I bought 100 bucks worth of tickets and I didnt get that ridding lawn mower, its rigged you guys screwed up! No.
    Dude, no. Real gambling gives you a huge chance of getting NOTHING for your money. Crown crates will always give you something, even if it's ugly crap you don't like. And if you exchange your gems, then you can trade them for a least one or two things you really, really want. So you ALWAYS get something for your money, even if it's not a great deal. That is NOT gambling.
    That's like calling it "gambling" when a 12-year-old buys one of those blind box mini-figures from the toy aisle. OMG THEY'RE GAMBLING! THEY BOUGHT A MINECRAFT BLIND BOX!!! No, they're getting something for their money ... but it might be something they don't want.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 5, 2017 7:40AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    ZoS loves RNG in general
    Except, 15 Nix Hounds out of 20 crates is *not* RNG, it's obviously heavily weighted towards certain items ...
    dry.gif
    You do not understand random numbers. Random numbers have runs. Especially when so many people are opening them. There are going to be people who get results like that.
    You are like someone who flipped a coin, got heads, and now says that coins are heavily weighted towards heads. Your singular anecdote tells us nothing.
    Also, no one ever said that all items have equal probability. It is far more likely that certain items have lower probability.
    @DaveMoeDee
    You do not understand RNG in games.

I worked as a programmer in the gaming industry for many years and *every* game i have ever worked on had weights on the loot drop tables.
    Every ... single ... one ...

And then there's the time domain filtering, which ZOS also heavily employs in their *RNG*.
    Once you introduce any sort of weighting or filtering, it ain't pure RNG anymore, plain and simple as that.

But sure, please go and buy 20 crates and the come back here and post your nix hound count and then tell me again how random numbers work.
    rolleyes.gif

Edited by SirAndy on July 5, 2017 4:24PM
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worked as a programmer in the gaming industry for many years and *every* game i have ever worked on had weights on the loot drop tables.

And then there's the time domain filtering, which ZOS also heavily employs in their *RNG*.
    Once you introduce any sort of weighting or filtering, it ain't pure RNG anymore, plain and simple as that.

What is time domain filtering?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waaaaaa Geez get a grip
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    ZoS loves RNG in general
    dry.gif
    @DaveMoeDee
    You do not understand RNG in games.

But sure, please go and buy 20 crates and the come back here and post your nix hound count and then tell me again how random numbers work.
    rolleyes.gif

What is your meaning of weighted that is different from my comment that different items have different probabilities? Sounds like the exact same thing to me. Unless you are talking about weighting that i@DaveMoeDee

Having weights does not mean it isn't pure RNG. The NBA draft lottery is pure RNG. But not all teams in the lottery have the same number of outcomes that give them the top pick.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on July 5, 2017 11:59PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    What is time domain filtering?
    I second this. What is time domain filtering? I just tried to look it up, but didn't see it explained in a way that made sense to me or that applied to RNG boxes in gaming.

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    How many gems did you get then? I got 15 craftes most of the stuff was crap but i also got 200 gems and got a costum and hairstyle i liked and i still have 60 gems left.