Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

The Rift: Fort Greenwall Door

SoulSworne
You can go through it South to North, but not the other way (North to South).

When attempting, it shows the "[E] Open", but it is greyed out. This suggests that there may be a quest involved to open it. Is this so, and what is it?

It's not really a big deal, I just encountered it when I first came south out of Eastmarch and was trying to get to Riften so I could activate the Wayshrine and thus have access to a bank and a place to sell without having to go back to Windhelm.

So now it just bugs me. I tried clearing the Delve, and tried just going from South -> North and back... but nope, as soon as you pass through, you are stuck on the northern side and have to go out and around to get back to Riften, or travel to the Wayshrine up by the Eastmarch border.

Suggestions?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea why it's like that, unless it's to force you to think about it, as you're going into a higher level area (from 38 to 42, or something like that) but you can get to the south side anyway by jumping over the wall at the eastern(?) end of the fort.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SoulSworne
    Enodoc wrote: »
    No idea why it's like that, unless it's to force you to think about it, as you're going into a higher level area (from 38 to 42, or something like that) but you can get to the south side anyway by jumping over the wall at the eastern(?) end of the fort.

Yeah, I considered that, and thus why I also thought that maybe a quest was involved to "prove" that you could handle going through the door. It also was why my initial thought was that you had to clear the Delve... if you could do that, you could handle what was on the other side.

And yeah, I know you can run around, it is just a pain. <;^)P

Although I never am in that area now, so it doesn't matter, other than it bugs me, and I want to know if it is possible to "unlock" it, especially with that greyed out "[E] Open" prompt.
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    I unlocked it on a previous character. But I don't remember how...
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In before closure due to necro.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads. If you would like to continue the discussion, please feel free to find a more recent topic on the subject or create a newer one if a recent one is not available.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.