Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When proc sets get nerfed

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Aww did a proc sets touch you in the booty?

I'm kidding but just think about if they didn't exist in the current game. Who kills magsorcs most of the time? And why is it mostly just stamblades?

A sorc can outshield every other classes dps besides stamblade because they can fear them and burst their shields and MAYBE then kill them after that.

A world without stamblades running proc sets is a sorcs world until they nerf sorc.

Stamblades have a huge burst already though, and whilst I agree with them being sorcs only hard counter, I don't think that will change. Fear, incap, concealed etc is strong.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we simply increased survival of people more in cryodiil and make it harder to kill people then we all would have fun.
    make everyone have the same amount of survivability and same damage output and you got a real deal.
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    HiImRex wrote: »
    That sounds really nice if you can back up the implication that proc sets are not a problem for game balance.

Also there is such huge irony in you lamenting the death of skillful play while implying proc sets are fine if we just stopped whining and adapted.

But by all means back up your sweeping moral judgments with some facts and reasoning. Just might save us meta slave peasants from being trash.

Youre supposing that proc sets ARE a problem for game balance with no evidence yourself. Its pretty rich you would demand it from me but I'll insert an indisputable fact that might throw a monkey wrench into your logic.

Players wear the armor.

I know right? PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF HOW THEY PLAY THE GAME.

Its probably not what you wanted to hear but its 100% on you that proc sets are a problem for you. So rather than take responsibility for your shortcomings in this particular vein, you want to impose a game wide change to accommodate your issue.

Thats the epitome of selfishness and to boot you want ME TO PROVIDE PROOF that your issue isnt a problem for game balance. GTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERygtg_el68

The procs are strong with this one
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    My personal ideas for some of the proc-sets (because that´s what some sets needs: Individual treatment, not a global *** fix that won´t solve anything):

* Tremorscale: Rework so that players aren´t considered "tauntable". Increase the damage to compensate so that tremorscale can be somewhat viable in PvE for those tanks that want to do some damage.

* Viper: Make this set an actual proc-set (100% chance every 4 seconds isn´t a proc-set). Make it so that you have 8% chance to do X amount of damage on direct melee damage, can occur every 7-8 seconds.

* Selenes: Reduce the proc-chance and lower the damage significantly.

Lol..

Tremor is fine as it is..

Viper should maybe have a 15% chance every 4 second on melee dmg.

Your suggestions make them totally useless.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    My personal ideas for some of the proc-sets (because that´s what some sets needs: Individual treatment, not a global *** fix that won´t solve anything):

* Tremorscale: Rework so that players aren´t considered "tauntable". Increase the damage to compensate so that tremorscale can be somewhat viable in PvE for those tanks that want to do some damage.

* Viper: Make this set an actual proc-set (100% chance every 4 seconds isn´t a proc-set). Make it so that you have 8% chance to do X amount of damage on direct melee damage, can occur every 7-8 seconds.

Lol..

How exactly are you taunting players? Tremor needs a rework as a set, the snare needs to go from 70% as well, it's a joke.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭

Lol..

How exactly are you taunting players? Tremor needs a rework as a set, the snare needs to go from 70% as well, it's a joke.

The same as vs npc? It just aint possible to taunt exactly the same as npcs.

Would be stupid to make it a ONLY pve set.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    ppl will love their cheese and wont provide any proper counter arguements either. eso forum warriors at their finest.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    ppl will hate cheese and wont provide any proper counter arguements either. eso forum warriors at their finest.

:wink:
    Edited by AAbrigo on July 2, 2017 4:41PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol..

Even though I´m not stating any specific number my suggestions make them more balanced for PvP. And your suggestion about viper is the same as mine just written in another way......so not sure what you´re ranting about...
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭

Lol..

Even though I´m not stating any specific number my suggestions make them more balanced for PvP. And your suggestion about viper is the same as mine just written in another way......so not sure what you´re ranting about...

7-8 seconds on direct melee dmg? That is pretty specific and would make Viper useless.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    If they nerf any sets significantly (which I have no problem with) then I think we should get all our tempers and tannins back.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Certain sets need to be nerfed. We all know this, viper is one of them. But not all. However it might be too hard for ZOS to figure that out and a blanket Nerf is probably more likely for proc sets, or just an entire removal from PvP. But I can't see any evidence that the Nerf/fix is coming, if someone else does, plz post links. Cheers.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Aww did a proc sets touch you in the booty?

I'm kidding but just think about if they didn't exist in the current game. Who kills magsorcs most of the time? And why is it mostly just stamblades?

A sorc can outshield every other classes dps besides stamblade because they can fear them and burst their shields and MAYBE then kill them after that.

A world without stamblades running proc sets is a sorcs world until they nerf sorc.

They don't have to absolutely abolish anything. They won't be removed, and they won't be nuked into insignificance, I'm expecting a shield duration type change

Yes 6 secs are too many -_- (sarcastic)
    Edited by MirkoZ on July 3, 2017 5:45AM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they nerf any sets significantly (which I have no problem with) then I think we should get all our tempers and tannins back.

I think we should get our grind time back too... in the form of a free month, or crowns.
    Edited by akray21 on July 3, 2017 1:51PM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They either need to add a global cooldown to damage proc sets (because they better not touch stuff like Kena/Ravager), or they need to make all direct damage proc-sets work on a condition (i.e. must be using DoTs for Skoria, weapon skills for Red Mountain/Way of the Fire). As far as Tremorscale goes, pick either the damage or the snare, can't have both on the set.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's give tanks easy, free, high damage with a snare.

Seems fine to me...
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    They either need to add a global cooldown to damage proc sets (because they better not touch stuff like Kena/Ravager), or they need to make all direct damage proc-sets work on a condition (i.e. must be using DoTs for Skoria, weapon skills for Red Mountain/Way of the Fire). As far as Tremorscale goes, pick either the damage or the snare, can't have both on the set.

I would like to add a condition to Viper stating that it only procs when the target is CC'd. This would not allow Viper to proc more than you can get CC'd and require impeccable timing.
    Edited by akray21 on July 3, 2017 2:32PM
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...oh god. My sides.

The only point in using tremorscale is soloing and PvP. If it isn't an option, just expect more bloodspawn and pirate skelly tanks. I hope you like getting hit with tons of negates, take flights, and crescent sweeps.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems fine to me...

Actually yes, it is.

Go run a tank for a bit in PvP. It might be a good change of pace for ya.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

Seems fine to me...

Actually yes, it is.

Go run a tank for a bit in PvP. It might be a good change of pace for ya.

Ive ran loads, you don't need tremor.
    PS4 EU DC

• DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

I would like to add a condition to Viper stating that it only procs when the target is CC'd. This would not allow Viper to proc more than you can get CC'd and require impeccable timing.

Incapstrike (stun) > Viper > Selenes/Velindreth > Execute
    Still OP
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf whining.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades can st-
    DTStormfox wrote: »

Still OP

Ah looks like someone read my mind.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still OP

That would be the point... You couldn't proc it again until the target could be CC'd. The burst is working as it should, the issue is the sustain.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still OP

That would be the point... You couldn't proc it again until the target could be CC'd. The burst is working as it should, the issue is the sustain.

70% of that damage is from armor sets, thats not how you should be killing people.
    PS4 EU DC

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh proc sets, without you what will i die to? :'(
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Proc set is OP, should be changed.

"Every 4 seconds, a person dies in Cyro, comes to the forum and complains about it. You have a 100% chance of this happening"

Edited by kijima on July 4, 2017 4:38AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Freecry
    Freecry
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Nerf whining.

Yeah seems the solution

Because whinning is more easy than L2P or understand that you don't follow a NB with eternal hunt for exemple

• nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    As it seems, the problem for many is not procsets but procblades, somehow. And yes, I think that 1v1 a procblade is not extremely dangerous (given that many of them are bad...). It feels to me that shieldstackers are more of a problem, and will become even a greater problem later on.

If one wishes to nerf ``the offenders'' amongst procs, that's what I'd do:

Viper: change to a DoT over 5 sec, 5+ sec cooldown.

Red Mountain: change to a DoT, increase cooldown to 5 seconds.

Selene: Increase animation time of the spirit by 0.3-0.5 seconds, to allow more counterplay.

Velidreth: Transform into a strong DoT (same damage as now but in 3 seconds), or nerf damage.

Tremorscale: reduce/remove snare completely, decrease proc chance to 33%

As a revanche, maybe bring back crits for procs.

However I would not be sad if things stayed the way they are; my main problem with procs is the way they reduce build variety, it is pretty boring (especially in BG) to see a stamblade jump on you and think ``Selene, any second now...''. And I often kill them after, but I'd rather fight more interesting things.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 v 1 procblades are manageable. Block their burst. if they fear break free asap and heal/roll dodge. it's quite difficult to fight more than one tho especially if ur not playing really tanky Proc stacking needs to be looked at though. The worst part is the proc stacking stamblades think they are good. I get tea bagged the most by these guys I don't even say a word to them or /emote over their bodies. EVER.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others