The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BiS stam sorc build for VMA?

murdomac101
murdomac101
✭✭✭
Hey all

I'm about to start a VMA attempts with my stam sorc. I've not been playing stam sorc too long and so I'm looking for some advice on the best set ups for this, including skills on the bars.

Thanks in advance x
Edited by murdomac101 on June 27, 2017 6:19PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same old, 2 veli 5 VO...5 hundings/nmg? 5 TFS? You seriously don't need that though. You can run hundings/nmg/spriggans and still punch through it all. I'd say hundings would be bis, get the filler mobs out of the way. I personally run nmg and my average scores would be around 540k, it does really well..Specifically VO.
    The Flyers
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks that's helpful. I've got both hundings and spriggans. I may have NMG too but I'll need to check.

I always see VO mentioned but whenever I google the set I can never find it. Don't suppose you have any links to it?

I take it DW and bow is probably best?
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicious Ophidian, yes DW and bow is the best but you can certainly do it without..I wouldn't recommend that though. Please do yourself a favor and farm VO in Sanctum ophidia NORMAL trial. Get body pieces and even blue jewelry will still be decent, the set is that good.

Use both vigor and surge if you aren't farming vma within 50 mins and getting high scores, usually surge will do the trick but not sure where you are on the spectrum, I use vigor on the second round and the second last round on the magDK boss cus she can burst you. If you won't be getting VO and you're using spriggans do not use NMG, use hundings with spriggans. 2 much penetration. Hope this helps yo.
    Edited by FlyLionel on June 27, 2017 8:27PM
    The Flyers
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry dude this thing won't let me save the image, just search on google image cp160 vicious ophidian.
    The Flyers
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicious ophidian or vicious serpent set is dropped in all 3 craglorn trials with higher drop rates in their vet versions. I highly recommend you get this set because with the minor slayer bonus, 8 perc reduced cost on stam abilities and movement speed bonus and stamina gain from killing something will make vma a buttload easier. you are really hurting yourself not using this set, esp if youre gonna be trying vma for the first time. good luck
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice guys. How do I join/do a craglorn trial? I've never done one
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice guys. How do I join/do a craglorn trial? I've never done one

Find a trials Guild
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to Craglorn. People always spamming in ZONE chat- LFM-nSO.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks all. What is the quickest trial and how long does it take?
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    normal Aetherian Archive, can be completed in around 15-20 minutes
    Guild: Ancaria
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all

I'm about to start a VMA attempts with my stam sorc. I've not been playing stam sorc too long and so I'm looking for some advice on the best set ups for this, including skills on the bars.

Thanks in advance x

Same as usual when it comes to sets:

5 VO (Vicious Ophidian/Serpent)
    5 Hundings/Spriggans/Red Mountain/Twice Fanged Snake (doesn't really matter which one)
    2 Kragh's or Velidreth (I prefer Veli for the burst in VMA)

The most important set, especially with the sustain changes, is the 5 piece VO for that juicy 2,3k stam for every kill plus 30 % more movement.

When it comes to skills, it usually comes down to this (some skills can be switched from front bar to back bar and vice versa depending on your preference):

Front bar - Dual Wield
    Blood Craze (for extra healing)
    Rapid Strikes
    Hurricane
    Caltrops or Tornado
    Bound Armor
    Ultimate: Dawnbreaker

Back bar - Bow
    Poison Injection
    Endless Hail
    Crit Surge
    Trap Beast
    Bound Armor
    Ultimate: Ballista

It doesn't matter what kind of rotation you have as long as you keep your dots and crit surge up at all times.

Hope that helped!

• murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks dude. Really helpful.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first clear was in 5 body pieces of VO, monster set, agi rings and NMG daggers. This build made my magplar feel like trash.

Go farm VO because: VO+Stamsorc=Profit
    Edited by KingYogi415 on July 3, 2017 12:34AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is NMG still viable since Morrowind? It only offers 6% more crit than Spriggans, 3k less stamina and ~1500 less penetration
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks dude. Really helpful.

No worries, just do some normal trials until you get the full set of Vicious Ophidian and VMA becomes sooooo much easier to beat with a stam build.

Happy hunting!