The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Player Nightblade PvP Question

Slaycraze
Slaycraze
Soul Shriven
Just got the game a few days ago and excited to Jump in! However I have been unable to because I really can’t figure out this race thing and rather not dish out crowns down the road if I made an early mistake. I was sad to hear that race can effect stats and for someone who is looking forward to PvP this was kind of unfortunate. I normally always play a Dunmer Vampire in ES since I can remember and Magicka Nightblade looks like it will be a blast! However I can’t seem to find what race would be best for this in PvP. I’m really not worried about min/maxing PvE but also don’t want to be gimped in PvP because of some racial passive for that build. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m anxious to get started!

Best Answers

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You arent going to be gimped in PvP regardless of race choice. PvP is not about min/maxing at all. That being said, if you are a magicka build, choose a race with helpful magicka passives(dunmer is very good choice with bonuses to magicka and stam) meaning a kajiit is not a good choice.
    Answer ✓
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade vampires can be very good in PVP. You'll be missing out on some small sustain boosts that Breton and Altmer (and Argonian) get, but in return you'll have a higher stamina pool (this matters) and your flame damage will hit slightly harder. You'll be just fine if you choose any race that has magicka bonuses.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Answer ✓
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend a couple of months on the no-CP campaign first and get used to playing without CP perks. Then, if you decide to switch to a CP campaign you'll be amazed at your new godlike abilities :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
    Answer ✓
  • Slaycraze
    Slaycraze
    Soul Shriven
    Ok great, thank you for the help! I was looking at Altmer or Dunmer for PvP, but was hoping to go Dark Elf for this type of build unless the Altmer passive were a deal breaker in PvP. Glad to see PvP is not about min/maxing like PvE, really looking forward to jumping into it!
  • Slaycraze
    Slaycraze
    Soul Shriven
    Great, thank you! Seems you get a little extra in one spot via this race but a little extra in another spot for that race. Really excited to play a Dunmer now!