Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 questions for werewolfs

silver1surfer69
silver1surfer69
✭✭✭✭
- Is it correct that, the 15% stam regen for werewolfs is now only in effect when the ulti is slotted? In the past it was always on, even in human form and with no ww ability slotted.

- Is vulnerability to poison and fighters guild abilities now always on or only in WW form (in the past it was only in WW form).

Thanks for answers, especially for those which tested themselfes (testing in a duel with a friend should not be a big problem). Thanks very much.
PC/EU
Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are correct.

Sadly this means werewolf is almost completely useless in a mechanical sense. Vampires get 66% of the regen bonuses that werewolves have with none of the downsides. (Fire Vulnerability is counteracted by feeding up to stage 1 and the Undeath passive. Health regen reduction is basically not a penalty due to how health regen works) That isn't even taking into account the multitude of powerful other passives vampire's get (Sneak time, Sneak move speed, magicka regen)

Don't even bother with Werewolf unless you plan to RP as one. It's totally not worth it.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Both are correct.

Sadly this means werewolf is almost completely useless in a mechanical sense. Vampires get 66% of the regen bonuses that werewolves have with none of the downsides. (Fire Vulnerability is counteracted by feeding up to stage 1 and the Undeath passive. Health regen reduction is basically not a penalty due to how health regen works) That isn't even taking into account the multitude of powerful other passives vampire's get (Sneak time, Sneak move speed, magicka regen)

Don't even bother with Werewolf unless you plan to RP as one. It's totally not worth it.

Werewolfs can be really powerful in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, I have seen one truly wreck people in the werewolf form, just got to spec for it and learn how to use them. They can be really hard to kill too. Vampirism is powerful, yes, but that does not mean that werewolf is for RP'ers only.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are correct.

Sadly this means werewolf is almost completely useless in a mechanical sense. Vampires get 66% of the regen bonuses that werewolves have with none of the downsides. (Fire Vulnerability is counteracted by feeding up to stage 1 ...

If you feed to stage 1, you lose the regen bonuses. They are only active from stage 2 on.

clA3SW.jpg
    Edited by Sharee on June 30, 2017 6:06PM
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    If you feed to stage 1, you lose the regen bonuses. They are only active from stage 2 on.

Yes, your point? Feed up if you plan to go into a dungeon with lots of fire (or use a double bloody mara) and be the same as a human, then spam abilities back to Stage 4 for anything else.

Vampire is literally better than any alternative. End of story.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolfs can be really powerful in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, I have seen one truly wreck people in the werewolf form, just got to spec for it and learn how to use them. They can be really hard to kill too. Vampirism is powerful, yes, but that does not mean that werewolf is for RP'ers only.

Oh yes, because getting locked into an animation for two seconds to transform into something with really sub-par skills is so very, very useful over say... Dawnbreaker, meteor, Eye of the Storm, Take Flight, Spell shield, Soul Assault etc.

A werewolf in cyrodiil or BGs is a free kill that is missing an ultimate. Only folks who haven't fought one before will die to them, and any decent player will run poisons that will utterly ruin a werewolf's day.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, your point? Feed up if you plan to go into a dungeon with lots of fire (or use a double bloody mara) and be the same as a human, then spam abilities back to Stage 4 for anything else.

The point is that your claim a vampire can have his regen bonuses with no downsides is wrong.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is that your claim a vampire can have his regen bonuses with no downsides is wrong.

The downsides can be easily mitigated and may as well not exist, and the Undeath Passive actually gives more defense than you lose from stage 4 vulnerability. Stage 2 vampirism isn't even that much of a vulnerability penalty.

Vampires. Sacrifice. Nothing.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes, because getting locked into an animation for two seconds to transform into something with really sub-par skills is so very, very useful over say... Dawnbreaker, meteor, Eye of the Storm, Take Flight, Spell shield, Soul Assault etc.

A werewolf in cyrodiil or BGs is a free kill that is missing an ultimate. Only folks who haven't fought one before will die to them, and any decent player will run poisons that will utterly ruin a werewolf's day.

Not everyone run poisons, I've seen plenty of people, stam and magicka alike, fall to werewolfs. Their skills are not subpar and they can deal massive amounts of damage, and they have strong defense and great sustain. Just because you are a werewolf does not mean you are a free kill, far from it if you know how to use them. I am just going to assume you don't know how to use them the way you are talking.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The downsides can be easily mitigated...

That's besides the point. You originally claimed there is no downside to go along the vamp regen, which is wrong.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @Sharee stage 1 you get nothing, stage 2 penalties start and regen, stage 3 Undeath stage 4 sneak. Even stacking the extra 5% fire damage from 3rd to 4th males a difference

And I've seen more WW in PvP recently than ever before.

I'm with you they 100% need a buff. That's in no doubt, but some of the replies here weren't accurate
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only werewolves I've seen have been untransformed, or dead, or running with a full raid. Pretty much all do hilariously poor damage compared to a proper build.

But hey, by all means go play as a Werewolf. I can always use more AP.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf can be great, just don't expect to just run all standard stam gear and survive. Work in some survivability or you're going to have a bad time.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx for all the answers so far. Reason to ask was: My build is for duel and pvp (stam DK) and i wanted to know if ww or vamp will bring me advantages in pvp. When i review everything about the topic i heard so far, i come to the conclusion, that neither will be the best for pvp, so i stay human :) (I know everyone has his own oppionion on this). Thanks.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar