Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bosmer Warden - Stam or Mag?

Glivii
Glivii
Just got ESO:Morrowind, and I love bosmer... also having a bosmer warden would help immerse me into the lore.

BUT the wardens use magicka.

So...
1. Focus on Magicka, so I get the stronger morphs (stam morphs are worse), and just focus my attribute points/champion points (when i get there) into mag? PRO = stronger morphs // CON = no racial passives to help

OR

2. focus on Stamina, and just use the weaker morphs because of the bosmer stamina boosted racial passives? PRO = Racial passives help // CON = weaker morphs

I know I would have been better off using an altmer or dunmer, but I just love bosmer so much.
Any advice on which I should choose?
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, what do you want to do? Second are you a min maxer? If you answer those two questions you might have answered your question.

I have a Bosmer Warden and I went with the bow, bow stam build that Alcast put out as a guide.

• Glivii
    Glivii
    Belegnole wrote: »
    First, what do you want to do? Second are you a min maxer? If you answer those two questions you might have answered your question.

I have a Bosmer Warden and I went with the bow, bow stam build that Alcast put out as a guide.

I mean I don't need to be the best of the best, I just want to be able to get by without dying. I know I'll likely be fine going either way since I'm not much of a pvper, but I just don't know which way is more logical.

Would you recommend one way over the other? In the past I've used bow/dual wielding with my other bosmer, so I'd likely be doing that again (not too much of a staff person)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. I play a magplar and a magsorc - both are Bosmer (nonnegotiable for me) and both do very well. Build, equip and play your character effectively and the race becomes a pretty small deal.

So, my recommendation is to choose the race you want. Then choose whether you want stam or mag. Don't forget, you can always respec regarding stam vs mag. My magsorc began life as a stamsorc before seeing the beautiful blue light and respeccing to the path of magic.

If it helps further, my Bosmer was always a no melee bow user Oblivion and Skyrim and began using bow/bow in ESO. We tried real hard but eventually concluded that a no melee bow character is terrible in ESO. The good news is that staves are vastly superior to what they ever were in Oblivion or Skyrim. So I gave up on bows. Were it not for staves, I would have given up on ESO as well. No melee staff characters are awesome.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 28, 2017 2:35AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    Go with what you think is best.

I made a staminar Templar Bosmer (I love the bosmer race and used them since Oblivion, my first TES game). But I can easily go magicka and be fine.

If you are going to be mainly questing and doing some Pugs or Dungeons (normal or vet), you should be fine either way. It just means you will not have as high DPS or heal as hard as a mag based race.

If you are going to play PvP, then again there are benefits to both mag & stam. If you go for a magicka warden Bosmer, the stamina racial passives (especially the stam regen passive) will be of huge benefit in PvP as you will be roll dodging and blocking alot.

If you intend to go competitive and want to run trials and min/max. Then stamina will probably be the way to go.

I am thinking of making a Mag Warden Bosmer and maybe even making him a healer! LOL. This builds will not be for trials or anything competitive, but for dungeons and maybe even PvP. Im trying to follow the lore and have him be a bosmer "spinner".
    Edited by rossk25 on June 28, 2017 2:45AM
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    rossk25 wrote: »

I made a staminar Templar Bosmer (I love the bosmer race and used them since Oblivion, my first TES game). But I can easily go magicka and be fine.

If you are going to be mainly questing and doing some Pugs or Dungeons (normal or vet), you should be fine either way. It just means you will not have as high DPS or heal as hard as a mag based race.

If you are going to play PvP, then again there are benefits to both mag & stam. If you go for a magicka warden Bosmer, the stamina racial passives (especially the stam regen passive) will be of huge benefit in PvP as you will be roll dodging and blocking alot.

If you intend to go competitive and want to run trials and min/max. Then stamina will probably be the way to go.

I am thinking of making a Mag Warden Bosmer and maybe even making him a healer! LOL. This builds will not be for trials or anything competitive, but for dungeons and maybe even PvP. Im trying to follow the lore and have him be a bosmer "spinner".

Yeah, I tried turning to Breton b/c of the magicka racial passives, but it didn't last very long, lol. I just feel best using a bosmer, especially with warden (lore, you know).

I'm not intending to do anything regarding intense PVP or min/max. I just want to be able to hold my own and not die in 2 seconds if someone DOES try to dual me (my main is a bosmer NB, and I die sooo quickly 'cause I just generally suck at PVP -- it's embarrassing!)

I'll probably go with magicka, just to get the stronger morphs. After all, I can reset most things using shrines
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    I know what you mean. I play a magplar and a magsorc - both are Bosmer (nonnegotiable for me) and both do very well. Build, equip and play your character effectively and the race becomes a pretty small deal.

So, my recommendation is to choose the race you want. Then choose whether you want stam or mag. Don't forget, you can always respec regarding stam vs mag. My magsorc began life as a stamsorc before seeing the beautiful blue light and respeccing to the path of magic.

If it helps further, my Bosmer was always a no melee bow user Oblivion and Skyrim and began using bow/bow in ESO. We tried real hard but eventually concluded that a no melee bow character is terrible in ESO. The good news is that staves are vastly superior to what they ever were in Oblivion or Skyrim. So I gave up on bows. Were it not for staves, I would have given up on ESO as well. No melee staff characters are awesome.

Yeah, same, I tried soooo hard to be good at using bows. Bosmers just look amazing with them, but I always defeated enemies quicker using dual wield. I've never considered using a staff, but maybe it would be worth a try.

I think I'll likely try going the mag route just for the stronger morphs, or maybe split with mag for my class actives and stam for duel wielding actives -- I just don't know yet, so I've been hesitating to morph anything so far

and the shrines can always help if i want to change anything
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still leveling my Stamina Warden Bosmer, but this is the gameplan for my bow/bow setup:

- Shimmering Shield to absorb projectiles and remain safe while keeping enemies at distance
    - Poison Injection and Cutting Dive for single target
    - Acid Spray, Endless Hail, and Subterranean Assault for AOE
    - Draining Shot for single target heal and CC
    - Green Lotus for heal while I attack
    - Soothing Spores for self heal
    - Bull Netch for damage and healing buff
    - Ultimates are Enchanted Forest (defense) and Toxic Barrage (offense)

There's some decent synergy with the bow. Not sure if any of this interests you, but it might give you some ideas. There are some nice skills worth considering that I didn't even mention, like Vigor, Caltrops, Trap Beast, etc.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid :p;) No seriously, you can hybrid her up and create a pretty strong character. I would go with 5 pelinial, 1 kena, 5 something else (Automaton, Bone Pirate, Necropotence, etc) whatever floats your boat. Just gotta get used to whatever you put on your bar. I kinda wish I didn't change my character (woulda saved money) but she was a breton. She is now a dunmer running around with Shacklebreaker, Knight's Errant, Kena, and velidreth. Sw and Shield/ resto build. It works :)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Warden class is not good enough at any one thing to worry about race. IMHO

Have fun and play the race you like! The Warden is all about fun.
    Edited by Floki_Vilgerdarson on June 28, 2017 9:29PM
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    I'm still leveling my Stamina Warden Bosmer, but this is the gameplan for my bow/bow setup:

- Shimmering Shield to absorb projectiles and remain safe while keeping enemies at distance
    - Poison Injection and Cutting Dive for single target
    - Acid Spray, Endless Hail, and Subterranean Assault for AOE
    - Draining Shot for single target heal and CC
    - Green Lotus for heal while I attack
    - Soothing Spores for self heal
    - Bull Netch for damage and healing buff
    - Ultimates are Enchanted Forest (defense) and Toxic Barrage (offense)

There's some decent synergy with the bow. Not sure if any of this interests you, but it might give you some ideas. There are some nice skills worth considering that I didn't even mention, like Vigor, Caltrops, Trap Beast, etc.

So far I've gone with magicka, and I hope it wasn't the wrong choice. I obviously am running out of mag super quickly right now, but I hope it gets easier when I add more attribute points and level up.

and yeah, most people say I should get Vigor but it's soooo hard for me to level up Assault in Cyrodiil

I never really have been good with bows (or guns in other games) but I could try some of these
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Hybrid :p;) No seriously, you can hybrid her up and create a pretty strong character. I would go with 5 pelinial, 1 kena, 5 something else (Automaton, Bone Pirate, Necropotence, etc) whatever floats your boat. Just gotta get used to whatever you put on your bar. I kinda wish I didn't change my character (woulda saved money) but she was a breton. She is now a dunmer running around with Shacklebreaker, Knight's Errant, Kena, and velidreth. Sw and Shield/ resto build. It works :)

Yeah, so far I've been going with mag... kinda hard with a bosmer, but maybe I'll try more of a hybrid to even out the weight between mag and stam (if that's what you mean by hybrid)

I hope it workss :p
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say that Stamina Warden is shaping up to be VERY strong. I wouldnt discount it just yet. Someone hit 590k in VMA with one. Bosmer screams stamina, but if you want to go magic, its not the end of the world. Just pick one and go all in. Are there people that pull off hybrids, yes, but they are few and far between. The vast majority of hybrid players arent very good at anything.

From a PVE perspective, Stamina is MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger than magic as a damage dealer for a warden. Magic Warden is just bad and DPS. If you want to heal, then you need to go magic, and bosmer is not a great choice. They also dont make bad tanks, but tanks are really the exception to the "hybrids suck" rule. Most tanks are stacking health these days.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 28, 2017 10:43PM
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    The Warden class is not good enough at any one thing to worry about race. IMHO

Have fun and play the race you like! The Warden is all about fun.

I agree, it's such a fun and cool class with all of the animal animations. I just couldn't resist being a bosmer again, so I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    I will say that Stamina Warden is shaping up to be VERY strong. I wouldnt discount it just yet. Someone hit 590k in VMA with one. Bosmer screams stamina, but if you want to go magic, its not the end of the world. Just pick one and go all in. Are there people that pull off hybrids, yes, but they are few and far between. The vast majority of hybrid players arent very good at anything.

Ah, I've already morphed one skill into magicka. I'll agree it's super hard to not run out, and since it's so early I might just switch to stam... the morphs just seem so much better for magicka, but is it just not worth it?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)Stamina warden is not weaker, many prefer it over the magica. Like most stamina builds, your build will relay on a lot of weapon skills with the warden key damage stamina skills and mgica utilities.

2)Never make a decision on what appears to be strong at a specific moment. Balance changes all the time, skills being redesign, etc... Enjoy your bosmer warden.

• Glivii
    Glivii
    1)Stamina warden is not weaker, many prefer it over the magica. Like most stamina builds, your build will relay on a lot of weapon skills with the warden key damage stamina skills and mgica utilities.

2)Never make a decision on what appears to be strong at a specific moment. Balance changes all the time, skills being redesign, etc... Enjoy your bosmer warden.

Would you suggest I switch to Stam then? Most of my characters are stam anyway, I'm not used to staffs and such
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden is strong. It's very strong.

It has:
    Best damage mitigation ability in game
    Burst damage
    Defile
    Highest Magicka possible
    Spammable
    Regen
    Passive Heals
    Burst Heals
    Hard CC
    All major buffs I believe
    Mobility

The ONLY thing the Warden Class lacks it's an execute and the Stam version can get that from weapon tree and Magicka can use an Ult.

I think once people really get to know the class they'll like it more

-this is my take for PvP

For PvE my one and only test is can I solo veteran dungeons/vMA? And my magicka Warden can do both
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    Warden is strong. It's very strong.

It has:
    Best damage mitigation ability in game
    Burst damage
    Defile
    Highest Magicka possible
    Spammable
    Regen
    Passive Heals
    Burst Heals
    Hard CC
    All major buffs I believe
    Mobility

The ONLY thing the Warden Class lacks it's an execute and the Stam version can get that from weapon tree and Magicka can use an Ult.

I think once people really get to know the class they'll like it more

-this is my take for PvP

For PvE my one and only test is can I solo veteran dungeons/vMA? And my magicka Warden can do both

I agree, I love using it so far.. so would you suggest either stam or mag? overall, is there a better choice?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glivii wrote: »

Would you suggest I switch to Stam then? Most of my characters are stam anyway, I'm not used to staffs and such

With bosmer? I think so. If you think about it, stamina weapons/armor(unlike magica) giving the warden the tools that are missing from it's kit - gap closer, execute,reliable stun, mobility. Mechanically, in pvp stmina wardens have easier time to setup the killing combo. Magica warden also very strong, for different reasons.

I'm kinda like you cus I went with a breton warden due to race favoritism. I went with magica for that reason alone, and it was when everybody talked about how weak is the mgica warden is(pre-lunch). Now players starting to discover that magica wardens also very good.

• Glivii
    Glivii

With bosmer? I think so. If you think about it, stamina weapons/armor(unlike magica) giving the warden the tools that are missing from it's kit - gap closer, execute,reliable stun, mobility. Mechanically, in pvp stmina wardens have easier time to setup the killing combo. Magica warden also very strong, for different reasons.

I'm kinda like you cus I went with a breton warden due to race favoritism. I went with magica for that reason alone, and it was when everybody talked about how weak is the mgica warden is(pre-lunch). Now players starting to discover that magica wardens also very good.

Thanks for the input :) I think I'll end up switching to stam
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the input :) I think I'll end up switching to stam

For bosmer that would be the best choice imo. I have a preference for magicka, so I have a high elf warden.

One thing you would want probably most would be some sort of CC for the Assault.

I know a lot of people are going with 2h for gap closer + shalk, but I've found you want your CC to come before your shalk, meaning I may go for a SnB invasion + Shalk into heroic slash ( gives snare right?) Into AC 2h WB or execute type idea maybe
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Have fun and play the race you like! The Warden is all about fun.
    ...Never make a decision on what appears to be strong at a specific moment. Balance changes all the time, skills being redesign, etc... Enjoy your bosmer warden.
    There are many good pointers and suggestions to your question, I submit however that the two statements above are the best.
    Edited by StormWylf on June 29, 2017 1:22AM
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Wood Elf= Master Race
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer means Stamina. Just look at your racial passives.... If you want to use magicka, I recommend re-rolling to Altmer for the extra max mag and the extra cold dmg bonus passives.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Glivii
    Glivii
    Bosmer means Stamina. Just look at your racial passives.... If you want to use magicka, I recommend re-rolling to Altmer for the extra max mag and the extra cold dmg bonus passives.

Yeah, I actually switched to a Stam warden, it's been a bit easier so far
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a breton warden for min max and hated that I went against my gut instinct to make a bosmer warden healer. It just isn't fun to not loreplay the race I wanted.

So i have a breton one for trials and stuff.

And a bosmer one for fun.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My unmorph bear just landed a 45k hit on a boss... Did I underestimate the bear? I may have

Edit: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1 solo
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 30, 2017 4:56AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    My unmorph bear just landed a 45k hit on a boss... Did I underestimate the bear? I may have

Edit: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1 solo

The bear has an execute. Generally the bear will provide around 5 to 6k DPS if you press ult on cooldown.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • MsGurrl
    MsGurrl
    ✭✭
    rossk25 wrote: »

A person after my heart! I have a stam warden bosmer. She’s mainly bow, with dual wield though I’m also working on her 2H. She’s a guardian of the green. Follows the green pact, and in my heart she’s a green lady. So I’ve decided on making her silvenar, and like the spinners, he should also wield magic, so he’ll be a magicka warden bosmer ;)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go with what you have the most fun doing.

With that being said a bosmer stamwarden’s really good. Wardens don’t need that much off stat sustain so a bosmer MagWarden will be hard to min-max.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten