Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've been told that Templar is the worst class for PvP...

• kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Templars have the weakest burst from 100% health to 0. It doesn't mean in they are worst pvp class. They just are the worst at burst.

LOL - Templars who say this are the ones who refuse to slot Purifying Light / Power of the Light. Both stam and magicka templars have great burst when using that skill - especially when also using proc sets like Skoria / Selene which have huge proc rates for templars because of sweeps/jabs.

Well the comment has context. If you compare puryfing light to other conditional bursts, we have to actually deal DMG for it to do more than 1.5-3k DMG. Nightblade, ignoring the dumb light attack procing for spectral bow, can just press the light attack button and it will still count towards procing the bow lol. Sorcs get a free recast of curse that does more DMG and their mag casts cause instant frag burst lol. Warden+DK are worse, but they get an aoe snare...

Plus if you face another Templar, it's just a light show, as you can purge the ability. Best templar DMG has always been valkyn procs+jabs.

i actually find it funny when you say that. i love my javelin jab jab valkyn combo, it works fairly well. but then... vast majority of time not so well :D it works only once per combat, then you need to do something else. BUT. what makes it most comical is that wait a sec.. valkyn... isnt that more of magica set...? ah so magica templar woohoo! but how about my poor stamina t emplar?using magica set that works with the kit so well... so ehh that gets me thinking i would LOVE TO HAVE efficiently and good hyprid setup then, sadly zenimax idea of hyprid isnt same as those who enjoy competive combat system.

Well jabs alone is terrible for relying on procing skoria. I'm usually using a poison dot, structured entropy, lighting staff and vamps bane along with either bats or empowering sweeps and making sure I target the player I want to burst on cooldown. I'm also filing in dmg with jabs not trying to rely on it 100%; which works better after CC application, using in conjunction with unstable core+purfying light combos to overwelm their attention in order to make them forget they have two 4k+ delayed DMG spelled on them, and making sure you have your minor protection buffs (via rune).

Yes it's for magplar. Some players would dispute this, but magplar > stamplar for PvP.

there is sort of problem for me> i feel that bow and 2h compared to other class are very cheesy so icant resort to them either. in fact, i pretty much roleplay my redguard templar. man with honour who face impressive odds at combat field. if zenimax could balance pew pews: and 2h heroes compared to non tank sword+shield players it would be much nicer, but we know zenimax, they wont deliver us equal / balanced playground.

what i remember from previou mmo of mine which i loved, asherons call, there bow users or crossbow users had to make their own arrows. so using bow is costy business, here, you can pew pew as much your heart desires and it wont affect your cheesyness at all.

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark flare is only useful Xv1? I and all the players i have wrecked will vehemently dissagree. There are absolutely counters to the skill, mainly stamina shuffle users, and mag DKs, but even still, with unstable core, radiant destruction, and soul assault on my bars i dont have to only spam dark flare.

The key to building for dark flare wreckage is that so many players assume youre a sweep spammer, so when they get hit with 30k damage in two seconds and drop they werent prepared for those counters. Most players assume you built ur templar for sustained damage and sustained resources, having lower damage. Build for absolute damage, 23k buffed dark flare tooltip, at some point im landing that empowered dark flare and when i do, better be prepared to break free and smack them shields/ heals.

Oh to the poster that commented on unstable core and giving free CC immunity, that is the other morph, total dark. Unstable core deals double the damage, without the CC effect on it.

Anywho, no this is not a great 1vX build. But it is a decent 1v1 build, it also is extremely punishing to my enemies if they miss even one counter to dark flare, i have a buddy who consistently wrecks me, but the only way he was able to is by dodge rolling to me on cooldown and bash ***, then wrecking me. Mag sorcs are no longer a problem at all, the shields go down faster than they can cast them, magplars *** themselves, magblades are a decent counter, mag DKs who keep reflect up are decent counter.

Never had so much fun in this game since i went balls to the walls damage
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar have burst, but it is situational and unfortunately those situations trend toward Xv1 fights rather than 1vX.

@kuro-dono - Stamplars may not look great on a Target Skeleton DPS parse, but if played correctly, they are a strong class.

3 years of stamina templaring, and never felt great :D had more success slotting cheese than being actually stamina templar

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355149/stamina-templar-solo-pvp-morrowind
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 28, 2017 6:32PM
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    t
    Templar have burst, but it is situational and unfortunately those situations trend toward Xv1 fights rather than 1vX.

@kuro-dono - Stamplars may not look great on a Target Skeleton DPS parse, but if played correctly, they are a strong class.

3 years of stamina templaring, and never felt great :D had more success slotting cheese than being actually stamina templar

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355149/stamina-templar-solo-pvp-morrowind

problem is> thats not average stamina player gameplay. in fact how many youtube wannabe superstar play stamina templar? no they dont since there is more wannabe classes sorc and nightblade.

average stamina templar doesnt run that much cheese as that clip shows, shuffle, heavily animation cancelled dawnbreakers and such oh, 2h weapon and propably bow on second bar, ididnt even need to watch much longer thanthe first 5 second.

normal being runs nightblade or sorc with higher lvsuccess, even dk is easier.

stamina templar is almost urban legend.

eso with 3 and half class.
    Edited by kuro-dono on June 28, 2017 6:50PM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    animation is a big problem for templars
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is titled:

I've been told that Templar is the worst class for PvP

Well, OP, you've been told wrong then...

Magicka Templar (in particular) rocks in PvP; we can go from Healing Gods to dealing excellent damage with a simple bar change (with the right build of course) in an instant...

We have arguably the best execution ability in the game (Radiant Destruction)...

Purifying Light and the stamina morph of this ability are so good that they are d@mn near executes...

Breath of Life is the single best burst Heal in the game...

We have a phenomenal cleanse ability, and I could go on and on...

Templars rock in PvP...

Don't let anyone tell you anything different...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars just are not built to be casters.

Unstable core just doesn't do enough damage and has no utility for as much as it costs.

Dark flare takes too long to cast and the travel time makes it incredibly easy to dodge.

Neither of the spear morphs help in pvp.

Templars just don't have the shield strength to handle tossing shots back and forth.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not be the best, but it is far from being the worst. Templars played correctly can be your one of the worst nightmares in the game. Sure they may not have to fanciest toolkit but still good enough to do the job. Stamplar sustain is a bit tricky but damage is high enough to compensate for it. I may main magDK but templars that are played correctly always make me wanna go back to play templar even though I fail at the class. The sheer damage potentials on them is like...
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • xomnigul
    xomnigul
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gE5j3qp114I
    magicka templar build video enjoy
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no "worst" class in PvP. There is good and there is great classes.
    Templars, along with DK's, are good classes. Just not great. Nightblades and Sorcs....those are the great classes.
    Edited by Akinos on June 29, 2017 4:35AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @kuro-dono he used duel wield and two hander back bar. How do you run a stamplar when all skills and weapons are chees? No class will work if you cant use half the skills and weapons.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have the weakest burst from 100% health to 0. It doesn't mean in they are worst pvp class. They just are the worst at burst.

really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TbOP6G3n0
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark flare is supposed to be hard to land...cause its supposed to deal such rediculous damage. Javelins are bad? They are flippin amazing. WTF u talking about, and unstable core does 4k average. Coolest thing about unstable core is its such a rare skill most players dont try to mitigate incomming damage. With unstables 4k, javelins 7k plus potential burning light, and dark flares 10k average, all hitting at roughly the same time, while hes down from the javelin hes eating a radiant destruction. Its not that easy to counter all that damage. Not to mention if i throw a meteor in between DF and javelin...just nasty
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TbOP6G3n0

Meh
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Dark flare is supposed to be hard to land...cause its supposed to deal such rediculous damage. Javelins are bad? They are flippin amazing. WTF u talking about, and unstable core does 4k average. Coolest thing about unstable core is its such a rare skill most players dont try to mitigate incomming damage. With unstables 4k, javelins 7k plus potential burning light, and dark flares 10k average, all hitting at roughly the same time, while hes down from the javelin hes eating a radiant destruction. Its not that easy to counter all that damage. Not to mention if i throw a meteor in between DF and javelin...just nasty

Sure at times everything comes together but more often than not you are up against a dragon knight reflecting back projectiles, a nightblade cloaking away from the fight, a sorc bolting away any stamina player using shuffle to dodge a good amount of the attacks.

It takes a ton more for a templar to 1vX over other classes.

• Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    5 soulshine, 5 wizards riposte, 2 grothdar and maelstrom defending resto. You want two sharpened soulshine swords so you don't lose riposte's 5piece bonus.

DW: sweeps, topple, honor the dead, healing Jesus beam, entropy, meteor.
    Resto: rune, ritual, vamp bane, purifying light, rapid regen, resto ult.

It's pretty nasty, survivable and if I get killed I'm usually greatly outnumbered or slipping up.

Enjoy God mode.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 soulshine, 5 wizards riposte, 2 grothdar and maelstrom defending resto. You want two sharpened soulshine swords so you don't lose riposte's 5piece bonus.

It's pretty nasty, survivable and if I get killed I'm usually greatly outnumbered or slipping up.

Enjoy God mode.

When you meet someone who will block your final hit of heavy resto, you'll go OOM.
    And if you charm jewelry with regen \ cost and switch to Atronach , you'll lose ton of pressure.

Full damage setup on magicka char isn't a good option now, in my opinion, - only on heavy armor stamina, just because heavy magicka attack sucks in terms of sustain. Easy to block.
    Edited by Ashamray on June 30, 2017 8:42AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is titled:

I've been told that Templar is the worst class for PvP

Well, OP, you've been told wrong then...

Magicka Templar (in particular) rocks in PvP; we can go from Healing Gods to dealing excellent damage with a simple bar change (with the right build of course) in an instant...

We have arguably the best execution ability in the game (Radiant Destruction)...

Purifying Light and the stamina morph of this ability are so good that they are d@mn near executes...

Breath of Life is the single best burst Heal in the game...

We have a phenomenal cleanse ability, and I could go on and on...

Templars rock in PvP...

Don't let anyone tell you anything different...

Care to share this build? ;)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Enjoy God mode.

When you meet someone who will block your final hit of heavy resto, you'll go OOM.
    And if you charm jewelry with regen \ cost and switch to Atronach , you'll lose ton of pressure.

Full damage setup on magicka char isn't a good option now, in my opinion, - only on heavy armor stamina, just because heavy magicka attack sucks in terms of sustain. Easy to block.

Sometimes it's ok not to have a full mag pool because sometimes the fight only lasts 5 seconds because you died or your target died.

You don't need Regen if you are a transit-front meat shield/linesman; you'll die within a second rides from your spawn point giving you full stats each time ;).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am always so jelly how magica templar gets so much attension, love and hate wise, while nearly nobody talks about stamina templar, and whoever talk is already godmode player, so he plays any class damn uberly and either doesnt require cheese, or use half cheese with glass o redwine, or is just so fecking damn good. i mean. i can play aswell as i can, but hell, i cant do the sort of animation cancelling in these videos i see guys doing. gab close heavy charge wrecking blow combo finished with jab, i just cant do that.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's nothing special about Templars.

Nightlades can disengage the fight whenever they want with cloak.

Sorcs can dash away, have pets, and a really strong burst.

Dragonknights are very strong right now.

I know nothing about wardens.

Sorry, but those are just assumptions:

1- Cloak is not am "I win button". Any decent opponent slots radiant magelight to make your cloak useles.
    2- Sorcs are strong but suffer a lot on sustain. Any sorc streaking away is depleting is magicka pool faster
    3- DKs are hard to master. It's a class for players with a lot XP. They have the weakest res management, no gap closer (chais are crap in PvP) no execute and no mobility. Can do dmg when build correctly, but most of the time are pigeonholed to 1 or 2 options.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Enjoy God mode.

You have two options. Recovery on jewelry, rune and maelstrom tick from rapid regen is sufficient. You also do exceptional damage running 5 light coupled with dw, grothdar and soulshine. You'd also be surprised how

The other option is to run SD on jewelry and run engine. I find this worse because of guardian interruptions.

Try my setup. You'd be surprised.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    There's nothing special about Templars.

Nightlades can disengage the fight whenever they want with cloak.

Sorcs can dash away, have pets, and a really strong burst.

Dragonknights are very strong right now.

I know nothing about wardens.

Sorry, but those are just assumptions:

1- Cloak is not am "I win button". Any decent opponent slots radiant magelight to make your cloak useles.
    2- Sorcs are strong but suffer a lot on sustain. Any sorc streaking away is depleting is magicka pool faster
    3- DKs are hard to master. It's a class for players with a lot XP. They have the weakest res management, no gap closer (chais are crap in PvP) no execute and no mobility. Can do dmg when build correctly, but most of the time are pigeonholed to 1 or 2 options.

Just adding other counters:
    1- mark, unstable core, detect pots, curse are good counters as well, if you tag them before they go into stealth. Mark is the best counter, it keeps them out of stealth (or any poison with similar effects).
    2- agreed. And please slot a cc and practice using it when they are about to lose the shield.
    3- no comment.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

Sure at times everything comes together but more often than not you are up against a dragon knight reflecting back projectiles, a nightblade cloaking away from the fight, a sorc bolting away any stamina player using shuffle to dodge a good amount of the attacks.

It takes a ton more for a templar to 1vX over other classes.

A templar is probably just as good as it's counterparts at 1vXing. Besides stamblade, stam sorc, and mag sorc everyone else is pretty even.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both versions of templar are excellent. They can both have great damage, great survivability, and manageable sustain. But so can every other class. What sets templars apart is the purge. The ability to shed debuffs and dots is so damn strong in any and every PvP situation.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at your leader boards for PVP ... and you will see what people are playing ... People usually gravitate to what is working, they will stop playing something if it is broke.... There are plenty of exceptions but generally you can look at the boards and see......
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    pc eu no cp: top 3: sorc, nb and warden lol. then sorc and another nb, then 2 templar wow. then 2 nb, sorc, dk, and woohoo another templar. overall gotta say surprised that in top 100 there is 19 templar. more than i expected.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc eu no cp: top 3: sorc, nb and warden lol. then sorc and another nb, then 2 templar wow. then 2 nb, sorc, dk, and woohoo another templar. overall gotta say surprised that in top 100 there is 19 templar. more than i expected.

I'd be careful of those 19 templars than the 100 cookie cutter NB/sorcs on that list lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And they probably got on there by healing raids. Templar isn't that special anymore.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everybody who play 24/7 can climb to Nr.1 of the PvP Leaderboard... Isnt important, which class he plays. For sure sorcs and nightblades can maybe do easier solo AP, but Templar are strong in groupplay!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)