Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Items Available in the Crown Store – June 29, 2017 (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Straight from Morrowind, this week’s Crown Store offerings feature the latest in Dark Elf fashion. Check them out!

“Holiday in Balmora" Outfit
c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg
"With the growth of Balmora, sport hunting in Morrowind has a new capital," says designer Voldsea Arvel. "Whether you're pursuing nix-oxen or hunting hive golems, dress for the chase in these luscious leathers!"

The “Holiday in Balmora" Outfit costume is available now on all platforms and costs 500 crowns.

Grazelands Gentlemer Farmer
d32b3fd4a08c5676d41762a94a3e32c9.jpg
"Just because you're reclaiming the wastelands from the barbaric Ashlanders doesn't mean you have to dress like a savage," says Davon's Watch designer Voldsea Arvel. "You're a proud House Dunmer, so why not look like one?"

The Grazelands Gentlemer Farmer costume is available now on all platforms and costs 500 crowns.

Will you be donning these striking Vvardenfell looks? Post your pictures here, or share them with us on Twitter or Instagram.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be picking these up as soon as I am home.

Nice price points as well, so actually nothing for me to complain about (shocking I know).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 crowns is fantastic. I was expecting double that for the Holiday outfit. Kudos.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costume dye packs have unique dye colours in them?

Patriot's Blood
    Immaculate White
    True Blue

I tried to see if I had anything close to those shades in my dye window at the station but nothing comes close to these:*(

As an ESO+ member I never expected to see crown only costume dye colours! Seeing as I can dye my costume with all the other dyes available in game...
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some battle ready armored costumes soon?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some battle ready armored costumes soon?
    All of these clothes are battle ready, battled ready for shields. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy “Holiday in Balmora" Outfit but I can't in good conscience financially support ZO$ :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

have never purchased the dye's for the crown store, are they a 1 time use or do you get them to use all the time???
    Edited by Jailbirdy on June 29, 2017 3:17PM
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

have never pyrchased the dye's for the crown store, are they a 1 time use or do you get them to use all the time???

@Jailbirdy They are one time use
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • FrozenSlayer
    How long are these items available in the crown store?
    Platform/Server: Xbox One/NA
    GT: Fr0z3nSl4y3r
    Daggerfall Covenant
    8+Trait Crafter/Avid Adventurer
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom As much as I like the Balmora outfit, it takes dyes horribly. Might as well not even dye it at all. Would love to see this fixed.
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    I do love Holiday in Balmora and will be buying it tonight. However...

One of my ongoing issues with ESO costumes is that so many of them are so similar when small changes would have meant for a wider variety in the wardrobe. The Holiday costume reminds me a lot of the Corseted Riding outfit - bare shoulders, cinched waist, tight pants, high boots. A skirt on Holiday would have made it more distinctive - none of the dresses have long gloves or a neckline like that. (I *really love* the neckline - *that* is unique, and it's the reason I'll be buying the costume.)

I have a similar complaint about the Golden Saint and Dark Seducer outfits - they're very similar, but if one had a skirt it would give a lot more variety. (I understand they're identical to Daedra armor, but they didn't *have* to be.) There are two Redguard "belly dancer" outfits that are nearly identical, one in blue and one in purple ... why? That Gentleman Farmer outfit above is very similar to several poofy-pant-shirt-and-vest-thing outfits we already have. There's two Imperial dresses that are identical except one has little sleeves and the other bares one shoulder. On and on.

And while I'm at it... We have all these really cool body tattoos, many on the chest, but there's no way to see them in armor unless you wear the Dark Elf, Skinchanger or Harlequin styles, or the Dark Seducer costume, and most of those options still have material of some sort that partially covers the area. (There are clothing costumes, yes, but I hate wearing "court clothes" into combat.) I realize it isn't "realistic", but I would LOVE to see more armor styles - light, med, and heavy - that have V-neck tops. Esp. would like to see a "civilized" set that shows some skin, as most of the armor that bares any skin is "barbaric", with feathers or fur. The Khajiit light armor is the closest to what I'm looking for, but the V of the neckline is so high it covers the tattoos. (And before I climb down off my soap box - omg, please stop it with the crotch flaps.)

Holiday in Balmora is a great look, thank you ZOS, and I'm really happy about the price. I love that it shows some skin and has sex appeal without being, well, Dark Seducer. I loooove that neckline. I'll buy it when I get home. But it frustrates me a lot that despite the huge number of aesthetic options in the game so many of them are repetitive and/or homogenous.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Straight from Morrowind, this week’s Crown Store offerings feature the latest in Dark Elf fashion. Check them out!

“Holiday in Balmora" Outfit
    c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg
    "With the growth of Balmora, sport hunting in Morrowind has a new capital," says designer Voldsea Arvel. "Whether you're pursuing nix-oxen or hunting hive golems, dress for the chase in these luscious leathers!"

The “Holiday in Balmora" Outfit costume is available now on all platforms and costs 500 crowns.

Grazelands Gentlemer Farmer
    d32b3fd4a08c5676d41762a94a3e32c9.jpg
    "Just because you're reclaiming the wastelands from the barbaric Ashlanders doesn't mean you have to dress like a savage," says Davon's Watch designer Voldsea Arvel. "You're a proud House Dunmer, so why not look like one?"

The Grazelands Gentlemer Farmer costume is available now on all platforms and costs 500 crowns.

Will you be donning these striking Vvardenfell looks? Post your pictures here, or share them with us on Twitter or Instagram.

I would but the riding outfit is much the same. Also given the latest screwup with dwarven crown crates I'm not sure that this is something I want to purchase anymore. I have the crowns but I'd rather invest in something useful to my character than another costume I'd never put on my character anyway. It looks so out of place compared to other costumes.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zells wrote: »

One of my ongoing issues with ESO costumes is that so many of them are so similar when small changes would have meant for a wider variety in the wardrobe. The Holiday costume reminds me a lot of the Corseted Riding outfit - bare shoulders, cinched waist, tight pants, high boots. A skirt on Holiday would have made it more distinctive - none of the dresses have long gloves or a neckline like that. (I *really love* the neckline - *that* is unique, and it's the reason I'll be buying the costume.)

I have a similar complaint about the Golden Saint and Dark Seducer outfits - they're very similar, but if one had a skirt it would give a lot more variety. (I understand they're identical to Daedra armor, but they didn't *have* to be.) There are two Redguard "belly dancer" outfits that are nearly identical, one in blue and one in purple ... why? That Gentleman Farmer outfit above is very similar to several poofy-pant-shirt-and-vest-thing outfits we already have. There's two Imperial dresses that are identical except one has little sleeves and the other bares one shoulder. On and on.

And while I'm at it... We have all these really cool body tattoos, many on the chest, but there's no way to see them in armor unless you wear the Dark Elf, Skinchanger or Harlequin styles, or the Dark Seducer costume, and most of those options still have material of some sort that partially covers the area. (There are clothing costumes, yes, but I hate wearing "court clothes" into combat.) I realize it isn't "realistic", but I would LOVE to see more armor styles - light, med, and heavy - that have V-neck tops. Esp. would like to see a "civilized" set that shows some skin, as most of the armor that bares any skin is "barbaric", with feathers or fur. The Khajiit light armor is the closest to what I'm looking for, but the V of the neckline is so high it covers the tattoos. (And before I climb down off my soap box - omg, please stop it with the crotch flaps.)

Holiday in Balmora is a great look, thank you ZOS, and I'm really happy about the price. I love that it shows some skin and has sex appeal without being, well, Dark Seducer. I loooove that neckline. I'll buy it when I get home. But it frustrates me a lot that despite the huge number of aesthetic options in the game so many of them are repetitive and/or homogenous.

RE: the skirt part: another version of this costume was datamined with a skirt bottom instead of pants. Would guess we'll be seeing that sometime in the future. You can see some female NPCs in Vvardenfell wearing it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed that they once again put really vibrant dyes as crown store only instead of the holiday event rewards. It happened with the orange last year, and now with this gorgeous red.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

RE: the skirt part: another version of this costume was datamined with a skirt bottom instead of pants. Would guess we'll be seeing that sometime in the future. You can see some female NPCs in Vvardenfell wearing it.

Exactly...this is the first tier costume, as the corseted riding outfit was the first tier for the Breton line. Then, second tier added a skirt and third tier added a lot of embellishment, but all three were essentially the same. This has been pretty much the case with all the racial costumes that have been added. A notable exception is the top tier Imperial female costume.

We'll be seeing the versions with a skirt soon enough.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

Patriot's Blood
    Immaculate White
    True Blue

I tried to see if I had anything close to those shades in my dye window at the station but nothing comes close to these:*(

As an ESO+ member I never expected to see crown only costume dye colours! Seeing as I can dye my costume with all the other dyes available in game...

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time that exclusive dyes have been in the Crown Store, and I recall that they mentioned the possibility of exclusive dyes in the CS when they announced costume dyeing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time that exclusive dyes have been in the Crown Store, and I recall that they mentioned the possibility of exclusive dyes in the CS when they announced costume dyeing.

If I cannot get them in the game, they don't exist. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

Patriot's Blood
    Immaculate White
    True Blue

Dyes in the "Holiday" category have always been Crown Store exclusives.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Timia
    Timia
    Soul Shriven
    I would love to have a tiny horse pet please
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when can I buy the HOLLOW MOON garb? ;)
    Edited by QuebraRegra on June 29, 2017 9:52PM
  • Danariel
    Danariel
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE this outfit! No problems with the chest looking too wide on the larger breast sizes, like with the Elven Hero costume. HOWEVER, it clips when you're mounted, and even worse while in motion, mounted and running. :-( @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you PLEASE prevail upon the mesh artists to fix this? There's no clipping on any other costume I have, and this one was paid for with real money. :'-(

Lovely!

2e955d2b-916e-4a7e-8659-b8e23af26e1d_zps4u48acpu.jpg

Mounted, sitting still.

ea37d72a-53d8-4487-b02d-3e5be80a1751_zpshtoirocz.jpg

Mounted, running (on Elk, it's just as bad on a senche or a wolf.)

e720d147-3cb2-4697-8591-b5bad849bcc5_zpsur1usfut.jpg
    Edited by Danariel on June 29, 2017 11:42PM
    Mara's Tester, Psijic Order Tester
    Danariel Van'nari (Warden), Danariel (Templar), Danariel Moonbow (Nightblade), Danariel Stormborn (Sorceress)
    The Old Timer's Guild, Mara's Moxie, The Psijic Order, Arrow and Knee Cafters
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    when can I buy the HOLLOW MOON garb? ;)

Was a disguise from a quest in grahtwood. I think the quest might've been removed though, and the disguise is bind on pickup.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Are these costumes only available this week?
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

When can We expect to have similar announcements for fixes??

"MORE BUG FIXES COMING TO NEXT SMALL PATCH- 29-0-2017- ALL PLATFORMS"
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Balmora-costume dyes terribly. The pants dye fine - like they actually change into the colour. The shoes: kind of - but not so much. Chest-piece????!! o ye, I'm applying some bright red to it, now I'm gonna watch it dye to almost it's original colour. op
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Balmora-costume dyes terribly. The pants dye fine - like they actually change into the colour. The shoes: kind of - but not so much. Chest-piece????!! o ye, I'm applying some bright red to it, now I'm gonna watch it dye to almost it's original colour. op

They claim that there is a material vs pigment situation where certain materials do not take the dyes as well as others. The shoes, and trim, of the costume seems to be a leather-like material, so those are going to not take dyes well. I am not sure what they are thinking for the top, but I am sure that someone behind the curtain feels that this is the proper behavior for whatever material they envision it to be.

I know this isn't a fair assessment, but it often feels like the "costume people" are phoning it in. If they were half as good as what the audio people put out, the costumes would rock. :neutral: I am sure that the "costume people" are very talented, so I guess it is deliberate, for "reasons", when we get poor costumes.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭

I've seen it in the world, too, which is why I expected it to be the costume. And maybe we'll see it in the future, or maybe we won't. If it is released later, then that's another example of multiple, nearly-identical costumes.

If the intention is to have multiple versions of the same costume - Holiday pants / Holiday dress, or the blue & purple Redguard belly dancer outfits, for example - then I would vastly prefer to see those outfits grouped together and sold as a pack, like the Nedic armor costumes.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've seen it in the world, too, which is why I expected it to be the costume. And maybe we'll see it in the future, or maybe we won't. If it is released later, then that's another example of multiple, nearly-identical costumes.

If the intention is to have multiple versions of the same costume - Holiday pants / Holiday dress, or the blue & purple Redguard belly dancer outfits, for example - then I would vastly prefer to see those outfits grouped together and sold as a pack, like the Nedic armor costumes.

Unfortunately, this has been the pattern for every single racial costume set that has been released thus far. There are some notable exceptions, like the top tier female Imperial costume or the top tier female Bosmer costume, but starting with the very first costumes they released - the female Breton costumes - it has been this way. There are more notable differences between the top tier versions and their low/mid-tier counterparts, but the basic structure is the same.
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭

@Lieblingsjunge - I did not take this comment seriously enough. You are correct, the boots do not dye well and the chest piece... _terrible_. I bought this costume for my fire mage, but none of the red dyes come out as red, including Daedric Red, which is almost black. Or anything close to red. None of the characters I thought would wear this will do so. I do love this outfit, wanted to wear it, but now I wish I could get my crowns back.

The fact that making the dyes ineffective was a deliberate choice is completely infuriating. You can't please all the people all the time, I know that, and I understand MMO devs have a lot of factors to juggle. But limiting dye functionality... that adds *nothing* to the game. Does not increase my immersion. I'm a lore junkie, I get aesthetic limitations, but this is ***.

And yes - the "Holiday" outfit with the dress bottom will be available for sale soon. It was the outfit I wanted originally, but I am not buying it until I hear feedback about how it dyes.

C'mon, ZOS. Fix this.