Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Do You Feel About Siege Weapons?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a poll based on a response in another thread. Coming from no CP, I am of the mind that siege is a fantastic, strategic tool that can even the odds agaisnt a larger zerg. Some apparently feel that siege is too easily used by unskilled players and that cp helps mitigate massive hits produced by mindless clicking. I've even received extremely salty tells from people who felt that using siege against them was tantamount to a no skill kill (I beg to differ in that they basically just walked into it, it's war dammit you use what's available).
Edited by Vapirko on June 28, 2017 9:20AM

How Do You Feel About Siege Weapons? 25 votes

Siege is a good strength in no CP, useful for a strategic defense
24%
DeadlyReclusemurdomac101worsttankeverVapirkoTheStealthDudegepe87 6 votes
Siege is too powerful in no CP, noobs can use it too gain an unfair advantage
20%
kkravaritieb17_ESOKartalinQbikenBiro123Rianai 5 votes
Siege is good in CP, the damage mitigation helps
4%
Shamus44 1 vote
Siege is no good in CP, it's too weak against players
48%
TurelusSodanTokFrozenAnimalToc de MalsviBeardimusZbigb4lifeSandman929geonsocalMirkoZDrakkdjinnmarig63Lichbourne90 12 votes
Other, explain
4%
SugaComa 1 vote
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    siege combat in eso is awful due to certain reasons>

i love when ppl die into oils and sieges, what i dont like is when mass group can pass tru huge hell and not single death because of purge, rapids and big aoe heals.

similarly i dont like how one guy can be dancing in friendly oil without issue and just tank bunch of idiots who rush to kill him and instead die into oil.

OR. since doors were removed from towers> what happens now is ppl rush to the top of tower and set sieges there and farm them scrubs who rush to the top.

sieges are bit too effective in certain ways> loading times, and putting siege weapon down should be increased so that it would not be abused as much as it does. increase the damage alot, but also increase the cool down from few sec up to somewhere along 10-20second, same for ballistas, trebucher is almost okay, maybe add another 5 second into it and voila! perfect.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sieges are fine.

Its strong if used right and it can destroy groups if used right.

It can also be easily mitigated by people who know what they're doing.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just tickles the players a bit. The blue flames are a bit better but not that much. They used to be a lot better but hell ZOS nerfs everything they can get their hands on.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of pointless vs good groups.

Why put up oil when rapid/purge spam counters it so hard?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege is too powerful in no CP, noobs can use it too gain an unfair advantage
    I'm all for fun - and I just find playing my character more fun than sieging. For that reason alone, I don't like siege being too strong - and I do feel its too strong in no-cp - esp. coldfire (but also too weak in cp)

I also think strong siege can spoil open-world fights.

ie.. lets say you push evenly matched opponents back to their keep, they respawn.
    With weak siege, they come out and push you back - more good combat.
    With strong siege, they set up their coldfire on the walls, take out half your guys who were looking for a fight- any you slink off to find another fight elsewhere, cos nothing more to do here...

Overall though, I think coldfire should be removed (esp from no-cp), then siege dmg increased slightly in CP.

Edited by Biro123 on August 9, 2017 11:43AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain
    Only seige that's an issue is the oil

Somehow certain characters can stack points to make oil hit so hard it's an instant kill

Seige weapons Inc oil should be fixed damage out point and not be able to be manipulated by CP to increase the damage

Or they create a slot in the cp zodiac just to buff negate seige at a personal cost to other buffs debuffs on your character
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    You should not be able to take a flaming boulder to the face without consequence....
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go for a siege buff in cp pvp...

as a solo player - i end up defending a bunch of keeps/outposts by myself, or, with only one or two other random players...

would be nice if with enough pop in your siege equipment you could dissuade folks from coming upstairs to kill you...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 9, 2017 6:39PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    siege combat in eso is awful due to certain reasons>

i love when ppl die into oils and sieges, what i dont like is when mass group can pass tru huge hell and not single death because of purge, rapids and big aoe heals.

similarly i dont like how one guy can be dancing in friendly oil without issue and just tank bunch of idiots who rush to kill him and instead die into oil.

OR. since doors were removed from towers> what happens now is ppl rush to the top of tower and set sieges there and farm them scrubs who rush to the top.

sieges are bit too effective in certain ways> loading times, and putting siege weapon down should be increased so that it would not be abused as much as it does. increase the damage alot, but also increase the cool down from few sec up to somewhere along 10-20second, same for ballistas, trebucher is almost okay, maybe add another 5 second into it and voila! perfect.

So a group using skills, tactics and planning to survive is disappointing? Seems like good game play.