The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

IMO Equipment Rating should be removed in low level PVP

RobTheAxe
RobTheAxe
✭✭
I packed the idea into the subject line,

in my opinion, for the sake of balance and good gameplay, 'equipment rating' (the stars that mark effectivenss and decrease as you over-level your gear) should be removed from PVP zones

I like less-than-50 Cyrodiil pvp - no monster sets, and siege weapon damage isn't ignored as easily. also, it's fun to level up while you pvp and earn new skills and morphs.

but less-than-50 pvp has a huge problem - players with multiple prepared sets have a big advantage. players that put effort into obtaining purple/gold sets to change to every 5 or 10 or so levels, will have a huge advantage.

while this benefits these players, in my opinion it would be better to remove this entirely and scale all gear to be the same effectiveness ignoring character level

this will allow: more sets to be used by one player. better game balance. better fights in general.

recieving rewards in mail building toward a fury set! well, by the time the 5th piece is earned at level 33, using the first few level 20 pieces is a hindrance to performance.

for what it's worth I Can gold out some low level sets... i just think it would be better for the game if this was removed.

Edited by RobTheAxe on June 24, 2017 3:46PM
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with this is that you would have players that farm the absolut bis gear for a lvl and gold it. Now most players atleast use crafted sets and maybe boe.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think that all gear should be scaled to gold quality and ignore the design of how it degrades when you outlevel it in non-vet PvP. Sure, this will lead to some folks farming up gear but it's going to advantage new players more than them anyway. After all, the campaign is about new players.

I've done a lot of non-vet PvP, but I've always been a crafted set player for that campaign.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem it's that even-con gold gear is the equivalent of CP170 gear. Battle leveling should be changed so that even level purple gear is as good as it gets.

Maybe a concession to people with gold gear could be that their gear stays CP160 for more levels

The problem of people golding out gear sets in lowbie PvP will not go away until the advantage goes away.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i'm all for helping new players but i'm not that into proc sets. Atleast on PC EU you will have some1 in viper, red mountain and tri stat runes on a nb.

But maybe you could make it so gear works in 10 lvl brackets and all counter as purple even if it's green or gold.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think this is a good idea, at least not for new players.
    Currently the fact that you need to refresh your armour prevents many players from farming strong, hard to get sets for non vet. But if you could just get your armour once and use it from 10-49, I'd expect to see a lot more players using legendary quality bop sets like viper, amberplasm, lich when playing on their alts while truely new players would still use non set items or at maximum easy to get sets from crafting or overworld drops.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I think that the 10 level system is probably best. I also wish they'd limit the campaign to jewelry of any type and then just crafted gear. I think that'd level the playing field quite a lot and still allow for a fair amount of build diversity.
  • cokris
    cokris
    ✭✭
    Imo it's very few on non vet that runs proccsets and such. Sure, I know players that farm sets and gold them out, I do it myself too to a certain extent with Boe sets so that I can upgrade as I lvl up.

But what I find is the biggest issue gear wise is that new players don't understand the pros of having actual sets and the different passives that comes from running a minimum on 5 pieces of the same kind of armor type and such. So I don't think that the gear lvl is a problem. I think that's a minor issue in comparison with ppl not being informed or even being interested in learning basics.

If they knew what a impact gear has on your char and how you perform in a fight, then I think people would put in the time and energy to stay more on lvl with their gear.

Question is just who's going to teach them? There's not many that have the patience to teach and not that many that have the patience to learn.
    (This applies to all basics btw.
    Red circles = bad circles.
    Walking through a breech instead of standing on it is actually better even tho it can look really scary.
    Place your own siege for your own ap.
    Give more info than "Inc!" cause no one will understand where, how or when.
    Break free.
    Rolldodge.
    Self-healing.
    Etc. )

Yes, I might be a bit frustrated with some things. Might. Bit bit. ;)
    Banana Squad | KiteSquad |
    Ciara + Caíth + Cassiia + other toons starting with a C
    Faction jumper < 3
  • RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    maybe you dont play much sub 50 pvp, this is not theory crafting and 'more players will have good sets so no' is a bad answer - already players that know how gear works have the sets, if you have ever played sub 50 you will know there are a handful of players on each side who know how gear works and knows how to play who dominate the fights. simply removing the level requirement from obtaining sets balances the playing field more. if some people dont want balance thats fine, but ultimately the game will suffer
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the best compromise is preventing degradation of bonuses as long as you are within 10 levels of gear and scaling all gear to as if it were purple. That way folks that get their shiny gold reward from the campaign actually do get to benefit from it but nobody is left in the dust.

Sure, folks will farm up gear but if that's how they want to spend their time to farm viper every ten levels then more power to them.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast They have to use one char 10-50 just farming sets.
  • cokris
    cokris
    ✭✭
    @RobTheAxe imo a handful is equivalent with few. Yes, I know there's veteran players on non vet that knows what gear to go for and that farms them. Ofc those will have a upper hand in fights. Personally I come across those players very rarely to find it behing a bigger problem than the fact that people don't know the basics.

I like @Adenoma idea here with the 10 lvls.

I still see it as the major problem being that new players don't know the importance of gearsets etc, and changing the rate of how you'd have to upgrade that will not really teach anyone anything tho.

Edited for typos
    Edited by cokris on June 27, 2017 11:12AM
    Faction jumper < 3
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with the OP's suggestion is that it will make a non-vet min-maxer's job even easier because they dont NEED gear for multiple levels anymore.

The real newbies in non-vet arent fully aware of how important sets/consumables/etc are and probably cant even craft the sets in the first place. This change does nothing for them.

The old battle scaling system that gave everyone the same normalised stats regardless of gear was way better imo (although it needed a lot of tweaking).
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valencer , doing non-vet min/max is ALREADY easy.

I've said it before also that consumables need to be reverted so they always scale to max.
  • cokris
    cokris
    ✭✭
    Well for food there's plenty of recipes nowadays that scale with your lvl. I never switch the type of food I'm running on kyne.
    Faction jumper < 3