Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Impen Ever Not Be BiS?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's straight up boring to have to run impen all the time, and it's a major buzz kill for build diversity. It doesn't much matter what class you play (unlike pve) impen is what you wear, with some exceptions, but generally if you want to stay alive you go with the tried and true. Is it possible that this could be changed? Its not the biggest deal, but it would be nice to further build to your playstyle without risking certain destruction.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

First time I heard this to be honest, Well Fitted, Infused and Sturdy are very strong depending on the build, from 2k crit to 3k there's a very low difference so you rather not stack more than 2k crit res and run something else instead.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Since when is BiS?

First time I heard this to be honest, Well Fitted, Infused and Sturdy are very strong depending on the build, from 2k crit to 3k there's a very low difference so you rather not stack more than 2k crit res and run something else instead.

Maybe in cp campaign it's possible, or using impreg armor, but in no cp and unless you want to use impreg (which personally I don't care for) you need to run mostly impen. In no cp you'll pretty much always be under 2k crit resist in seven pieces epic quality gear. If you happen to have an off trait monster set or farmed piece you're down to 1200. And considering we have bgs and mostly no cp campaigns right now.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 27, 2017 3:13PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you feel like you're in need of so much impen, run impregnable armor and you're free to chose whatever trait you like.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Since when is BiS?

Maybe in cp campaign it's possible, or using impreg armor, but in no cp and unless you want to use impreg (which personally I don't care for) you need to run mostly impen. In no cp you'll pretty much always be under 2k crit resist in seven pieces epic quality gear. If you happen to have an off trait monster set or farmed piece you're down to 1200. And considering we have bgs and mostly no cp campaigns right now.

None to be honest, I only play CP, on my platform no CP campaigns are completely empty and Battlegrounds are broken so everything is under CP.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

None to be honest, I only play CP, on my platform no CP campaigns are completely empty and Battlegrounds are broken so everything is under CP.

That's too bad.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

It will take the console community some time to adjust to nCP. Having add-ons to easily test new builds helps so much to reduce the time it takes to shift metas.

It's possible console players will not change to nCP unless zos makes nCP the only PvP mode across all the campaigns. But they will not do that just yet, especially after they spent work front loading CP.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

Console players are smart enough to avoid an environment that encourages proc set abuse and resource poison nonsense.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only eso combat was more focused on skill and abilities rather than stats, metas, number crunching.
    Oh well... resource management AC no skill CD.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

Console players are smart enough to avoid an environment that encourages proc set abuse and resource poison nonsense.

On PC NA, set and poison abuse was far far worse in cp than the no co campaign. Not to mention the lag. No cp has far more satisfying moments of small scale and 1v1 battles. Large scale battles are epic and often without any lag. And best of all a few good people can hold a keep agaisnt an incoming zerg with siege! Yes, it's siege weapon, you should not be able to survive it easily.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

On PC NA, set and poison abuse was far far worse in cp than the no co campaign. Not to mention the lag. No cp has far more satisfying moments of small scale and 1v1 battles. Large scale battles are epic and often without any lag. And best of all a few good people can hold a keep agaisnt an incoming zerg with siege! Yes, it's siege weapon, you should not be able to survive it easily.

See - most people i talk to and play with including myself think a player should not be able to contribute meaningfully to a battle with clicking leftmouse every 5 to 10s.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Since when is BiS?

See - most people i talk to and play with including myself think a player should not be able to contribute meaningfully to a battle with clicking leftmouse every 5 to 10s.

Are you joking? Using siege to even out the battle agaisnt a zerg is strategic. Yes you click a button to activate all skills. If you don't know what you're doing then guess what, that zerg is still going to take the keep. You also aren't likely to be able to stay on that siege, it's going to be a calculated length of time until you go to your next pre selected position. I've also never been held out of a keep by a few people with siege unless they were all around better players. It's a great way for small scale groups to hold off the unskilled zergs that would otherwise love to bomb their way through. The only people I've ever heard complain about the use of siege are salty players who can't deal. If you're smart you can time/heal your way trough siege hits. If you have a bigger group it should be no issue.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen is not "BiS".

Impen is the base trait for PvP, if you have no idea what you want or need - or just have no clue what you are doing. Impen will never fail you, and is never a wasted trait. It is the safe route to go. But calling it BiS is far fetched by many miles.

Sturdy, Well Fitted, Reinforced, Impen are all equally strong, and are BiS for different build-types. Even Divines and Infused are BiS for some builds.

Only Training and Prosperous are worthless.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Just because something is deems BiS it doesnt mean you have to use it.
    There is a real lack of diversity, so many people just use a build that someone else has come up with, try things out for yourself.

Its more rewarding if its a challenge after all.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go get the Impregnable Armor Set, then slot whatever trait you want....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your opponent has a base critical damage modifier of 1.5, meaning a Critical Hit will deal 150% of a skill's base damage. This is assuming they do not use The Shadow mundus, and that they are not buffing their critical damage modifier other ways (NB passives).

Critical Resistance reduces their critical hit modifier on Critical Hits that strike you. Essentially, 66 points of Critical Resistance equals 1% damage mitigation toward Critical Hits.

• 1 Gold Impenetrable trait - 258 Critical Resistance - 3.91% mitigation
    • 7/7 Gold Impenetrable traits - 1806 Critical Resistance - 27.36% mitigation
    • 5-piece Gold Impregnable Armor - 2500 Critical Resistance - 37.88% mitigation
    • 5-piece Transmutation Set - 1304 Critical Resistance - 19.76% mitigation

As long as you have 7/7 impenetrable, or 5-piece Impregnable Armor, you have enough Critical Resistance and should build into other stats. Having either of these is sufficient. If Transmutation is applied to you as well, you become practically immune to critical hits.

You can slot other traits as much as you want but only if Impregnable is slotted too. Hope that helped.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 28, 2017 2:24PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Since when is BiS?

It will take the console community some time to adjust to nCP. Having add-ons to easily test new builds helps so much to reduce the time it takes to shift metas.

It's possible console players will not change to nCP unless zos makes nCP the only PvP mode across all the campaigns. But they will not do that just yet, especially after they spent work front loading CP.

Well we did still have a lot of traffic with the Double AP event. Despite the CP being turned off.
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Your opponent has a base critical damage modifier of 1.5, meaning a Critical Hit will deal 150% of a skill's base damage. This is assuming they do not use The Shadow mundus, and that they are not buffing their critical damage modifier other ways (NB passives).

Critical Resistance reduces their critical hit modifier on Critical Hits that strike you. Essentially, 66 points of Critical Resistance equals 1% damage mitigation toward Critical Hits.

• 1 Gold Impenetrable trait - 258 Critical Resistance - 3.91% mitigation
    • 7/7 Gold Impenetrable traits - 1806 Critical Resistance - 27.36% mitigation
    • 5-piece Gold Impregnable Armor - 2500 Critical Resistance - 37.88% mitigation
    • 5-piece Transmutation Set - 1304 Critical Resistance - 19.76% mitigation

As long as you have 7/7 impenetrable, or 5-piece Impregnable Armor, you have enough Critical Resistance and should build into other stats. Having either of these is sufficient. If Transmutation is applied to you as well, you become practically immune to critical hits.

You can slot other traits as much as you want but only if Impregnable is slotted too. Hope that helped.

I plan on running something like that once I finish leveling my MagWarden. I have 5pc Impregnable armor, so I'm excited to jump into PvP with a crafted set that isn't Impen focused for once.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 28, 2017 3:14PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console players are smart <snip>

I got this far before the laughter got the better of me.

Peasants :trollface:

Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLOCK NOW!
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Your opponent has a base critical damage modifier of 1.5, meaning a Critical Hit will deal 150% of a skill's base damage.

no no, that's wrong. 1,5x means +50% out of base damage, not 150%
    only nightblades gets more than double damage out of crits, everyone else can only get it max to 93.3% (The Shadow+precise/elfborn) meaning in most cases mitigating base damage is more important.
    this impen meta we got today is only an old remnant effect from the old glory days of the nightblades.

Edited by Araviel2 on June 30, 2017 9:18AM
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »
    Your opponent has a base critical damage modifier of 1.5, meaning a Critical Hit will deal 150% of a skill's base damage.

no no, that's wrong. 1,5x means +50% out of base damage, not 150%
    only nightblades gets more than double damage out of crits, everyone else can only get it max to 93.3% (The Shadow+precise/elfborn) meaning in most cases mitigating base damage is more important.
    this impen meta we got today is only an old remnant effect from the old glory days of the nightblades.

It is a different way of expressing it. They are not saying 150% on top of the original amount.

They are saying 150% as in: 100% meaning just the value of the skill itself plus 50% on top.

Thus the choice use of the word "deal" rather than "gaining", they don't gain 150%, they deal 150% of normal hits. Critical hits DEAL: 100%(= to normal hit) plus 50%(additional damage), 150% damage.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is of course before Critical Damage modifiers. Templar's and NB's both get 10% more from class passives, then there is Minor and Major Force 10% and 15% respectively, as well as 25% from CP notably 31 points will net you 13%, 56 points will net you 20%.

Major Force is the only mentioned above that can be sort of hard to come by, either resto ult morph Lights Champion or Warhorn.

NB or Templar in CP PVP can have a crit modifier of 1.95 fairly easily, they do sacrifice a ton of CP though to get that. Realistically they probably will only invest somewhere between 1-56 points and Minor Force uptime isn't as easy without certain sets.

Average crit damage modifier in CP is likely to be around 1.6 ish.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

That's too bad.

Nah I'm a solo player so I will never touch no cp
    Since when is BiS?

There's people but only zerg players, the best players are on CP, I play on both PC EU and PS4 EU and it's the same on PC EU, all the superstars and best players are on CP because no CP is broken and encourages the use of poisons and proc sets while having 3 regen glyphs, no CP is in my opinion in its current state the One Tamriel meta with people having infinite sustain and dealing high damage due to the proc set, while in CP there's only lag and zergs, the rest is balanced compared to the old patch who was a mess now you have to make sacrifices in CP, something that you don't need to do in no CP.
    Since when is BiS?

Few friends of mine have been doing Battlegrounds but they stopped once they started with the proc meta with poisons, so you won't ever see a single above average player in no CP because they are all scared to go there, any newbie can rekt you with 1 light attack and RNG :joy:
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Console players are smart <snip>

I got this far before the laughter got the better of me.

Peasants :trollface:

Nice mentality, you must be one of those who thinks Muslims are all terrorists, or Italians all from the mafia.

I'm glad people like you are mostly in the Internet tho :blush:
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is BiS?

CP gameplay is superior when everyone involved in a fight has max CP... But unfortunately I'm sub 375. I wish they would just award everyone max CP when in Cyrodiil.