Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I increase frost resistance?

Solshine
Solshine
Soul Shriven
I'm stuck at main quest, because the boss mob I'm supposed to solo, kills me within his 3 hits of frost damage. I've enchanted my rings with frost resistance, but that didn't help much, still being literally destroyed, just it takes few more hits.
Are main storyline quests supposed to be done at max level, with fancy gear?
I'm level 37, with gear from dungeons and quests, up to my level, and the mob in question is Ukaezai for Heart of the matter quest.
Edited by Solshine on June 26, 2017 8:03PM
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    What class are ya? You never need any frost resist or anything like that. Its mainly down to skills you are using to keep you alive.
  • Solshine
    Solshine
    Soul Shriven
    I'm nightblade, with all but 2 points spent in magicka, I'm using Swallow Soul that heals me for 25$ of dmg done, also newly unlocked Siphoning Strikes but barely can finish off any cast to healme before she gets to me, it's all weak healing, and before I go through aplying debuffs not to mention casting any heavy or weak attack to utilize Siphoning strikes I'm already dead. Slowing doesn't help since she's caster so the hits even go through the only bit of wall I can hide behind, no matter how far I kite her, her spells always hit me.
    Edited by Solshine on June 26, 2017 8:51PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear a Parka?

OK, seriously. The first question I have to ask is, are you blocking the shots? That can reduce your damage. You can also try Dodge Rolling. Use the Shuffle skill as I assume your Medium Armor. Annulment if you have that unlocked can help too.

Is your armor more than 5 levels off your level?

Is your armor repaired?

Glyphs of Frost Resist can help, but should not be needed.

Also, since your a NB, use the class skills to your advantage. Get off a Burst opening from Stealth if you can. Use Cloak, then go into Sneak, then hit her with your best opener. That should stun her so you can get a second or third hit in. Use Refreshing Path if you have it for your heals and to avoid the attacks.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    As a nightblade it should be very easy. Cloak still basically stuns all targets and gives you a chance for a sneak attack. Make sure to block spells that come your way and maybe even roll or use a damage mitigation skill like annulment. Use potions constantly and also make sure you have some good food to increase your max HP.
  • Solshine
    Solshine
    Soul Shriven
    Then I'm probably all wrong specced for this fight. I'm used to DoT classes (from other game), so I'm into siphoning, never used attacking from sneak or cloak, will need to reset perks and train the skills you guys recommended (and find more about the new playstyle, then get used to it) before approaching the quest again.
    Seems like a daunting task but I should probably have seen it coming, I've began to slightly struggle on certain fights for the past few levels, the player-level based content difficulty seems less and less forgiving.
    Thanks for your responses :).
    Edited by Solshine on June 26, 2017 9:56PM
  • jackiemeeking
    jackiemeeking
    ✭✭
    Are your weapons charged? you can use soul gem for this.

You can also seek help with your guildies :)
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solshine wrote: »
    I'm nightblade, with all but 2 points spent in magicka, I'm using Swallow Soul that heals me for 25$ of dmg done, also newly unlocked Siphoning Strikes but barely can finish off any cast to healme before she gets to me, it's all weak healing, and before I go through aplying debuffs not to mention casting any heavy or weak attack to utilize Siphoning strikes I'm already dead. Slowing doesn't help since she's caster so the hits even go through the only bit of wall I can hide behind, no matter how far I kite her, her spells always hit me.

wha? as a magblade (which I think you are saying you are), you whip out yer resto staff, cast HEALING WARD, and spam the heck outta swallow soul for DPS. Problem solved. BTW, RESTOSTAFF hevy attacks regain magicka for you better them siphon strikes.
    THE BUBBLE IS LIFE!
    boundaries_shields-up.jpg

Also Siphoning strikes!?!?! Try SAP ESSENCE for mobs, it's amazing.

Seriously, if you say yer a magblade dual wield hipster then that is the problem.

Edited by QuebraRegra on June 26, 2017 10:18PM