The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help with Solo PVP build

leem1988
leem1988
✭✭✭
I'm bored of ganking and being squishy on my nb so what are some good builds for solo pvp? I'm thinking of trying out a heavy fury/werewolf hide stam dk, but I think dizzying swing is going to be hard to land on good players. I think heavy stamplar would be easier to use with jabs being a single target and aoe. I'm not sure what sets I should choose though, maybe hundings/cowards gear?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »
    I'm bored of ganking and being squishy on my nb so what are some good builds for solo pvp? I'm thinking of trying out a heavy fury/werewolf hide stam dk, but I think dizzying swing is going to be hard to land on good players. I think heavy stamplar would be easier to use with jabs being a single target and aoe. I'm not sure what sets I should choose though, maybe hundings/cowards gear?

There are literally so many choices for you!

Heavy Stam dk
    LA or heavy mag dk
    La, HA, or Med Templar
    Ha Sorc

Warden (go heavy like me!)

But you have so much to choose from.

And you can also add procs (boo! Lol)

Good start for gear, I'm sure you'll mix it up though by the time you find what you like
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo pvp is kind of dead to be honest.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree to fair amount, it's probably not really viable on the one CP campaign though. Plus duels.

I solo entirely in Cyrodiil and have a blast while I'm at it. I roam Cropsford, Bruma etc doing quests until someone shows up. Plus the reward boxes can give some very valuable drops.

Edited by Waffennacht on June 25, 2017 10:34PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree to fair amount, it's probably not really viable on the one CP campaign though. Plus duels.

I solo entirely in Cyrodiil and have a blast while I'm at it. I roam Cropsford, Bruma etc doing quests until someone shows up. Plus the reward boxes can give some very valuable drops.

Well people at the towns are usually pve'ers so its not much of a fight :neutral:

Duelings kind of terrible, its more countering their class and build than skill.

You can't really solo too well anymore, too many zergs, too high burst from bad players via procs,, sustain etc..
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well people at the towns are usually pve'ers so its not much of a fight :neutral:

Duelings kind of terrible, its more countering their class and build than skill.

You can't really solo too well anymore, too many zergs, too high burst from bad players via procs,, sustain etc..

Not in the AP towns, they're usually top leaderboards trying to farm free AP

Edit: Remember I said no CP, there are no zergs in no CP, there are not enough players to make a Zerg there. There is no one defending towns (except players like me) so they flip them for the AP.

I only run into a duo or 3 people flipping flags. They don't do quests

Edit edit: aren't you also the one whom pointed out all the low levels incorrectly go to the CP campaign? I very rarely run into low levels.
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 26, 2017 12:20AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA sounds like a magical place.

The top leaderboards here run around in a 24 man taking empty keep for 6k ap then resources 1 by 1 for 1.5k ap for 10.5k ap per empty keep. Top players.
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The top leaderboards here run around in a 24 man taking empty keep for 6k ap then resources 1 by 1 for 1.5k ap for 10.5k ap per empty keep. Top players.

I play about 1 hour per night in Cyrodiil, usually just quests, had 3 encounters last night as an example, making approximately 10k in that night... And I'm ranked 50th... So you can see how empty it is here...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: Remember I said no CP, there are no zergs in no CP, there are not enough players to make a Zerg there. There is no one defending towns (except players like me) so they flip them for the AP.

I only run into a duo or 3 people flipping flags. They don't do quests

Edit edit: aren't you also the one whom pointed out all the low levels incorrectly go to the CP campaign? I very rarely run into low levels.

Whaaa where is this campaign without zergs? I thought zergless cyrodiil was simply a dream
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play about 1 hour per night in Cyrodiil, usually just quests, had 3 encounters last night as an example, making approximately 10k in that night... And I'm ranked 50th... So you can see how empty it is here...

Im ranked 44 on the cp campaign with 2.6m ap xD

Man easy top 2% in non cp for that gold gear.
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im ranked 44 on the cp campaign with 2.6m ap xD

Man easy top 2% in non cp for that gold gear.

Lmfao! I have 81,000 Ap total in my campaign
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leem1988 , I don't recommend Fury. Despite a lot of streamers advocating for it I think it's a pretty suboptimal choice when compared to Ravager. But honestly, if I were to be running a heavy armor stamDK (especially for no-CP), I would run 5x Tava's Blessing, 5x Viper, 2x Blood Spawn with 5 heavy, 2 medium and dubious camoran throne drink. Play around with how much recovery you need, but running the thief is going to serve you best. DPS off of your S&B bar because 2h and dizzying swing don't scale great (IMO) in 1vX situations because of targeting issues and a lot of the burst from that depends on poor and glitchy design right now - plus, it's harder to land on competent players.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @leem1988 , I don't recommend Fury. Despite a lot of streamers advocating for it I think it's a pretty suboptimal choice when compared to Ravager. But honestly, if I were to be running a heavy armor stamDK (especially for no-CP), I would run 5x Tava's Blessing, 5x Viper, 2x Blood Spawn with 5 heavy, 2 medium and dubious camoran throne drink. Play around with how much recovery you need, but running the thief is going to serve you best. DPS off of your S&B bar because 2h and dizzying swing don't scale great (IMO) in 1vX situations because of targeting issues and a lot of the burst from that depends on poor and glitchy design right now - plus, it's harder to land on competent players.

What'd you run besides 5 ravager on a HA DK? Been looking for some nice sets to run it with (CP). I prefer running S&B on my damage bar.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

What'd you run besides 5 ravager on a HA DK? Been looking for some nice sets to run it with (CP). I prefer running S&B on my damage bar.

I'd use fury/ 7th legion over ravager on a stam dk.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on June 27, 2017 5:29AM
    PS4 EU DC

• a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still running my stamblade with Spriggan/Eternal Hunt/Veli/Kena

It's not tanky at all, but has lots of recovery and great damage plus I can dodge roll 10 times if I have to then stealth for enough time to recover half my stamina. Depends on your playstyle. I like to kite someone away from the zerg and kill them.

3500 damage + Spriggan penetration
    2500 stam recovery, 1100 magicka recovery with Orzogas food.

Probably not a good solo build for everyone but I find it works for me. Plus it's way easier to work someone out of stamina now.